+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Authorization letter for infant/ baby

kumarkit

May 6, 2021
My one and half year old baby and I have a visitor visa to Canada. I plan to visit to Canada to see my sister and I go to authorization letter to visit. Does my baby travel with me using my authorization letter? Or need to apply for baby?

Thanks in advance.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Is your sister PR or citizen? You need travel authorization but right now, your baby is not authorized to travel under current rules. You are extended family under the current definition but not your child. You will need to wait until travel restrictions are lifted if you want to bring your child.

Reactions: kumarkit and YVR123

kumarkit

May 6, 2021
Is your sister PR or citizen? You need travel authorization but right now, your baby is not authorized to travel under current rules. You are extended family under the current definition but not your child. You will need to wait until travel restrictions are lifted if you want to bring your child.
Thank you.

arti.tekwani

Jun 2, 2015
Hi I am looking to apply for visitor visa for 1 year old from India. She is the daughter of my brother and sister in law. The parents of the child have got approved vistor visa of Canada. Can some suggest the document list and successful timeline please?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi I am looking to apply for visitor visa for 1 year old from India. She is the daughter of my brother and sister in law. The parents of the child have got approved vistor visa of Canada. Can some suggest the document list and successful timeline please?
Did the parents get their TRVs when the child was already born?

arti.tekwani

Jun 2, 2015
Did the parents get their TRVs when the child was already born?
Yes. They were earlier planning to travel alone. Due to personal situation they are now planning to get VV for daughter as well. Do you have list of required documents in this case?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes. They were earlier planning to travel alone. Due to personal situation they are now planning to get VV for daughter as well. Do you have list of required documents in this case?
The issue may be that they may have only been approved because they had a baby at home which created a strong tie. The documents required are posted online. Just follow the application process. You can only prove so much when it comes to an infant. Would suggest including proof that the whole family will return home after the visit.

Reactions: arti.tekwani

arti.tekwani

Jun 2, 2015
The issue may be that they may have only been approved because they had a baby at home which created a strong tie. The documents required are posted online. Just follow the application process. You can only prove so much when it comes to an infant. Would suggest including proof that the whole family will return home after the visit.
Thank you.