+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Australian Nurse

Matty

Apr 27, 2009
Hi,

Just wondering if my girlfriend needs a PR / skilled worker application for registered nursing or can she obtain a temporary work permit. Are there any restrictions to either with regards to nursing? Thank you for your help!

Matty

Bobby123

Star Member
Mar 24, 2009
Dear

If she is planning for apply for Work Visa, she must be needing the valid eligibility from any nursing authority in Canada along with the job offer letter.

She can apply in Fast Track Skilled Workers program as Nursing is listed in 38 required positions.

Please go through the official canadian immigration side for further detials

Regards and Good Luck!

Matty

Apr 27, 2009
Hi

Yes she is planning on a work visa. Currently in the process of being assessed by CARNA, then will apply for one of the many positions in alberta under a temporary registration. So is there a suitable visa for it other than the one also comprising of permanent residency? that looked long and serious. We were going with the intention on staying only for a couple years or so.

Thanks for your help!

Bobby123

Star Member
Mar 24, 2009
I am not expert in this but i my opinion if you planning for limited years let say for couple of years then work visa is the most appropriate and faster process but CARNA now a day taking long time to get registered (4-6 months) depend of the case to case.

In which stage your CARNA application is? How long you have been applied?

May be i can able to give you some idea regarding CARNA.

Regards

Power

Star Member
Feb 4, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got my eligibility this april only. I applied last January of this year under the College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba. My application for FSW is in process.

Matty

Apr 27, 2009
Hi,

CARNA have recieved the application and are currently assessing it. We are moving to Alberta and as far as i know they are in need of nurses and my girlfriend is qualified up to the eyeballs (fingers crossed).

You make mention of a "work visa" does this mean applying for a work permit with all the relevant employer details and job offer in hand?? Is that different to an FSW??

Thank you for you input everyone!!

Jalal1

Star Member
Oct 15, 2008
Dear Power,

did you attach a separate sheet of your responsibilities for FSW application? I noticed that there is less space in the application form.

Power

Star Member
Feb 4, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, i just included my main duties and responsibilities that fits to the space. Take note that I have no certificate of employment which states the duteis and responsibilities. However, I submitted an explanation letter the reasons. Good luck...

Matty

Apr 27, 2009
Hi,

CARNA have recieved the application and are currently assessing it. We are moving to Alberta and as far as i know they are in need of nurses and my girlfriend is qualified up to the eyeballs (fingers crossed).

You make mention of a "work visa" does this mean applying for a work permit with all the relevant employer details and job offer in hand?? Is that different to an FSW??

Thank you for you input everyone!!