+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Australian extending International Experience Canada Visa from within Canada

paulandrusiow

Jan 3, 2015
hi i am and australian currently in canada on the 2 year International Experience Canada Visa which is due to expire in a couple of months.
I know i need to fill out the " Application for Work Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM1295) " but there are a few things about the form i am
not too sure on .

-For question 9 country where applying do i put down canada or australia. (i am still living in/working in canada)
-question 1 what is "UCI"?
-the section that asks "What type of work permit are you applying for?" there are a number if options, which should i pick?

these are the main issues I have run into so far any help or advice I can get is much appreciated.

thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
IECs cannot be extended. On what basis are you trying to extend your IEC? Do you have an approved LMIA?

novascotia_addict

Star Member
Jul 5, 2013
Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
23-12-2016
AOR Received.
14-04-2017
File Transfer...
14-04-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
31-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2017
Correct, IEC's can't be extended you have to apply for another 2 year working permit.

paulandrusiow

Jan 3, 2015
I am aware I can't extend it and I know I need to apply for a new
Permit .
My questions were about the form I need to fill out.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It's still not clear what you're applying for. Are you applying for a closed work permit based on having an approved LMIA? Or are you trying to apply for a new IEC? If you are trying to apply for a new IEC, then you need to wait until January 9th when the IEC program reopens. IEC instructions are here: https://kompass-iec-eic.international.gc.ca/IECindex.aspx?regioncode=AU&Lang=eng

paulandrusiow

Jan 3, 2015
In my initial question I stated the form I need to fill out it was the form I needed to fill out the first time
I came out to canada. I have contacted my travel company who helped me organise this all the first time
Around to make sure I was on the right track but they are closed for holidays till Monday so I though no harm in filling out the form in the meantime just so it is done.
Now If you read my first post I said the form I am filling out and the questions I have about it.

I know I can't extend it which is why I am reapplying for it

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
paulandrusiow said:
hi i am and australian currently in canada on the 2 year International Experience Canada Visa which is due to expire in a couple of months.
I know i need to fill out the " Application for Work Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM1295) " but there are a few things about the form i am
not too sure on .

-For question 9 country where applying do i put down canada or australia. (i am still living in/working in canada)
-question 1 what is "UCI"?
-the section that asks "What type of work permit are you applying for?" there are a number if options, which should i pick?

these are the main issues I have run into so far any help or advice I can get is much appreciated.

thanks
A) Australia
B) you'll find your UCI on your introduction letter that they sent to you when you first came with IEC
C) don't remember the options but you're basically applying for an open work permit (can't recall of they had a working holidays option there or not.)

TessRose

Aug 28, 2015
Hi I just have a quick question, did you have to submit a new police certificate from Australia or did you use the one from your first visa?

Thanks