+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AUGUST 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

tacobowl123

Star Member
Jul 21, 2019
According to this post

So it is possible that your biometrics request will be available at a later time.

One thing I've learned from the forum posts is that even though CIC's website says applications are handled in the order they are received (and on case by case basis), how quickly people around your applications' time receive certain requests is only a general guideline and consistency of processing times is not guaranteed.

Good luck to you.
I think after the AoR is received, it really is a case-by-case basis. For example my husband has previously worked in Canada (legally of course), which, i'm sure they will be looking at as well.

Shankarmani

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
Have you checked your spam email and online gc key account
Yes I checked, no emails.

I didnt pay biometric though, since we already gave and its valid for another 10 years. But 2 weeks back cic requested for biometric fee, I paid and uploaded the fee receipt.

Now in GC key it says
Biometrics Help - Biometrics
We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes

Interesting fact is that my GC key Account already populated the biometrics details along with account details(top right corner)
I could see biometric number, date taken, expiry date.

hrehouma

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
Hi guys, I am sponsoring my wife who lives outside while I am living in Canada. The application was delivered to Sydney on August 22. I still have no AOR and today is 2 months mark. Is this normal? anyone in this situation? Please help as I am getting desperate since I can't call them because I don't have an application number yet :( :(

Peter1997

Star Member
Oct 21, 2019
Hi, I sent my spouse application 10th August and now awaiting AOR1, still have not received anything since. Just came off the phone with IRCC and they say it takes around 3-4 months? Is this correct? Afraid something got lost in the post.

hrehouma

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
Hi, I sent my spouse application 10th August and now awaiting AOR1, still have not received anything since. Just came off the phone with IRCC and they say it takes around 3-4 months? Is this correct? Afraid something got lost in the post.
Yeah it is really frustrating, I don't know why agent says 3-4 months where most people on tracker get it within 1.5 months...

hrehouma

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
I didn't do automated voice call, I spoke to someone. Applying from inside canada.
I call from Canada too, but don't you go through a list of options before you get to speak to an agent? and one of the questions is enter your application number.

As for calling them back, I say there is no harm and go for it

Shankarmani

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
Based on the updates from forum, now there are updates on the application which were missed out late July and early August applicants.

Wait for 2 or 3 days and try calling cic and check .. few members posted in forum that they mentioned few of the applicants applied after them got updates. and they got temporary file number.

Check July thread and early august communications.. you might get better idea

Peter1997

Star Member
Oct 21, 2019
I call from Canada too, but don't you go through a list of options before you get to speak to an agent? and one of the questions is enter your application number.

As for calling them back, I say there is no harm and go for it
Thank you for your help, and no as soon as you call.. 1 (888) 242-2100, press 2, 1, 1, 0. Hope this helps

Reactions: hrehouma

hrehouma

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
If you have applied visitor visa before or by any means if you have UCI .. you can always link your account and check
When linking the application, do you need the Sponsor or the Sponsored's UCI and personal information in the application details section?

jain12

Oct 16, 2015
When linking the application, do you need the Sponsor or the Sponsored's UCI and personal information in the application details section?
use only principal applicant's detail in application detail section. There is also thread for linking GC key account. You may refer to that too.

Reactions: hrehouma