+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****August 2019 - Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

ToughNuggets

Star Member
Oct 21, 2017
Yes its so not right.
And my Wife has 2 Children, I assume they charge the same for them as well
They did ask if we had any other dependents to sponsor, but we don't. I hope you get a deal at least on that. I wish the window wasn't so small, with only 30 days to get the exam and so close to the holidays, it would have been nice if we were able to get it done in Edmonton for much cheaper...

mohamedbarbary

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
It's so obscenely expensive and so much work... he went today, got the medical exam done, $400. We also had to bring four photographs because the doctor here is not on the eMedical system. Then they sent him to the hospital for x-rays and bloodwork and gave him an invoice (I think for $470). And the doctor at the hospital there wanted $20 in cash to fill out some paperwork on top of that. Then he had to wait for the x-rays to develop, and bring those back to the clinic the doctor is at. Thank goodness we have a car, I can't imagine someone having to do all that on public transit! Unreal, IRCC should enforce caps on the cost of these exams. Almost $1000 for everything.
in Oakville cost 240 all in all , too much

IvoryZhang

Aug 1, 2019
$250 all in in Ottawa - no issues at all.

July applicants got the Medical Pass in about 10 days since submitted, so I guess we'll see similar results in 10 days.....or due to Christmas Holiday it'll bleed into early 2020.
Hey, I'm also from Ottawa, and wondering which clinic you did the medical exam. I am planning to go the one at 1935 Bank st. Thx

TheUltimateLurker

Star Member
May 2, 2019
Hey, I'm also from Ottawa, and wondering which clinic you did the medical exam. I am planning to go the one at 1935 Bank st. Thx
Went to same. Absolutely 0 issues, reserved 1 day in advance, was in and out in under 1.5hours. Good luck :)

EDIT: Talked to CIC. The agent said that all applications received before Dec 3 are still exempt from biometrics.
Thanks for confirming :)

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
They did ask if we had any other dependents to sponsor, but we don't. I hope you get a deal at least on that. I wish the window wasn't so small, with only 30 days to get the exam and so close to the holidays, it would have been nice if we were able to get it done in Edmonton for much cheaper...
Depends on the children's age. Below 10 don't do xrays and blood work. 11-14 do xrays but NOT blood work.

Elk-hunter

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
we made an appointment in Edmonton.
Its a 600 Kilometer drive for us but still cheaper then the alternatives.
surprised how different the prices are between offices

Reactions: TheUltimateLurker

Celuh

Sep 6, 2018
Hello,

I’m just wondering about my application, I just received an update in my ECAS saying “medical results have been received”. I haven’t received any medical request. What does it mean?

I did my medical August of last year for my student application as my entry in Canada was student visa.

Anyone who has idea? Thanks

nandu562

Apr 21, 2017
I just called to follow up on the re-submitted insufficient payment for the OWP (they received it October 1) and was able to get the W application number. Attempting to link to online account now, but - the most surprising thing they told me was that I could be seeing it approved by January 29, 2020.

That seems way longer than it should be. The current visitors visa actually expires the same day (January 29, 2020) and was told to submit an extension to the visitors visa by January 20th if I do not hear any further updates on the OWP.

$15 MISTAKE caused all this. Darn it!
Hi, If we do not get the OWP approved before the visitor visa expiry date(I had the same $100 insufficient fees and application was returned). Do we have to apply for visa extension or do we go into implied status by default?

Reactions: TheUltimateLurker

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hi, If we do not get the OWP approved before the visitor visa expiry date(I had the same $100 insufficient fees and application was returned). Do we have to apply for visa extension or do we go into implied status by default?
if you re-submitted the OWP before your status expired then you have implied status