+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****August 2019 - Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

ToughNuggets

Star Member
Oct 21, 2017
A note to those trying to link their applications to their CIC accounts after receiving AOR: if you are the sponsor, the UCI number in the AOR email is YOUR UCI number, not the applicant's. So you won't be able to look up your spouse's application with your UCI number. We were able to link my husband's application using the application number and his passport information. Hope this helps people struggling with this.

Elk-hunter

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
so it looks like nobody in our group got good news today or at least its not posted.
Or are they only sending AOR on certain days ?

Brayan&Rachell

Star Member
Aug 13, 2019
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
13-08-2019
AOR Received.
20-09-2019
Med's Request
07-12-2019
Med's Done....
11-12-2019
LANDED..........
24-03-2020
so it looks like nobody in our group got good news today or at least its not posted.
Or are they only sending AOR on certain days ?
Have you tried searching up your application on CIC or ECAS? I know sometimes, for a few people, they don’t get their AORs but they are able to see the apps online. Maybe give that a go?

Celuh

Sep 6, 2018
Will it be possible to view the status of my application thru ECAS even if we use representative in our case?

App sent: August 14, 2019
App received: August 15, 2019
Still waiting for AOR

xMrsBee

Star Member
Aug 19, 2019
Visa Office......
New York
App. Filed.......
22-08-2019
AOR Received.
21-09-2019
File Transfer...
30-10-2019
Med's Request
26-09-2019
Med's Done....
02-10-2019
Interview........
06/10/2020
Is there the possibility to get the AOR on Weekends ?
Or is it updated on weekdays only?
I thought it was weekdays only too but I just received my AOR on Saturday night at 10pm lol... it was definitely a shock.

Reactions: Elk-hunter

Elk-hunter

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Have you tried searching up your application on CIC or ECAS? I know sometimes, for a few people, they don’t get their AORs but they are able to see the apps online. Maybe give that a go?
I check ecas status every day.
no news yet

karan21sharma

Mar 5, 2016
Hi, my common-law’s application (PR +OWP) was received on Aug 2nd and we received AOR email on Sept. 7th.
Back in March, our application package was returned due to missing signatures, ending my common law’s implied status. We got her status restored but now it’s expiring on Sept. 30th.
My question is, should we extend her visitor record or is it certain that we will get her OWP since we already have received an AOR?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

JamesBarnes

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
Hi, my common-law’s application (PR +OWP) was received on Aug 2nd and we received AOR email on Sept. 7th.
Back in March, our application package was returned due to missing signatures, ending my common law’s implied status. We got her status restored but now it’s expiring on Sept. 30th.
My question is, should we extend her visitor record or is it certain that we will get her OWP since we already have received an AOR?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hi @karan21sharma I’m in a similar situation myself, have applied for a visitor extension and not heard anything about it yet but have received AOR

The general advice I received was to continue with the extension just in case. It’s rare for apps to be sent back after AOR but it can happen. Personally for the cost of the extension ($100) I’d rather continue with it just to have that extra piece of mind that I’m covered if anything happens.

I’ve also been told visitor extensions while waiting on inland PR apps are refused very rarely so in my opinion, I would extend your wife’s visitor status just in case.