+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
So after taking 7 pills of advil, i re-read my GCMS again . My file was last transferred from Montreal citizenship to Montreal Citizenship -CEN for clearances. And clearances means the ones that expire ( immigration and criminality ) since secu is valid for 4 years. My file ,since march 2021 has been sitting in registry. What is the current time to get clearances from Mr Rcmp and to update by IRCc .
I wouldn't know that, I'm sorry. All I can say is that immigration and criminality clearances are valid for 1 year only. So, if they don't finalize the application by then, those clearances need to be done again.

canvisa13

Nov 21, 2019
I wouldn't know that, I'm sorry. All I can say is that immigration and criminality clearances are valid for 1 year only. So, if they don't finalize the application by then, those clearances need to be done again.
I wonder if there is any law that says to recheck them again after 1 year (or) is it just an arbitrary check internally they decided to do after 12 months(because most of the applications finalized with in 1 year in normal days)

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
That is what I meant too. I know criminality that needs to be renewed but which one is immigration clearance ?

kris00

Sep 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-July-2014
Nomination.....
29-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
18-Dec-2014
Med's Request
30-Dec-2014
Med's Done....
17-Jan-2015
Passport Req..
13-Mar-2015
VISA ISSUED...
31-Mar-2015
LANDED..........
20-Jun2015
My family has been awaiting the oath for some time from Scarborough center and the online system is showing that the oath is scheduled for 12th July. However, we have never received any oath email and upon calling the call center they told us that there is a technical glitch and I have approached the person who has my wife after the test and has also submitted the web form, but still no response. What should I do?

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
My family has been awaiting the oath for some time from Scarborough center and the online system is showing that the oath is scheduled for 12th July. However, we have never received any oath email and upon calling the call center they told us that there is a technical glitch and I have approached the person who has my wife after the test and has also submitted the web form, but still no response. What should I do?
Man that must have taken alot of nerves

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
When did you see oath update in online tracker? I mean when did they imitate? i think the email comes few days before but should not be this close. You might receive it by friday. Good luck. I doubt we have system glitch heard for oath invites. we heard only interview invites with glitch.

Flandernss

Mar 5, 2019
Call them. It seems odd indeed.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Yes, I wonder what is "immigration clearance" as well. Is it different from criminality (rcmp)? What is it?
Immigration checks are performed by IRCC, I believe. There isn't a lot of information about this but I think this check ensures that you aren't under a removal order or you don't have problems with the CBSA or your immigration status as a PR is not in question at this time.

Reactions: luvtrump

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hey. I had my oath ceremony. The oath stage on my application timeline has been changed to completed but the application is still "In Progress".
My question is when does the whole application change to completed. Also, how long does it take to recieve the certificates. Thanks
It should happen a few days / weeks after the oath. IRCC says it could take from 4 - 6 weeks to receive your citizenship certificate (depends on where you live).

Flandernss

Mar 5, 2019
Immigration checks are performed by IRCC, I believe. There isn't a lot of information about this but I think this check ensures that you aren't under a removal order or you don't have problems with the CBSA or your immigration status as a PR is not in question at this time.
Criminality and immigration check comprise the "Background Check", right? And why would your PR be in question if not for "Physical Presence", which is a distinct element altogether? Shouldn't "Physical Presence" then be part of "Background Check"?

Reactions: luvtrump

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Criminality and immigration check comprise the "Background Check", right? And why would your PR be in question if not for "Physical Presence", which is a distinct element altogether? Shouldn't "Physical Presence" then be part of "Background Check"?
No. Security and Criminality checks make up "Background Checks". Immigration checks are done by IRCC (and possibly by CBSA as well, I'm not sure).

Background check doesn't deal with residency requirements. It deals with criminality and security requirements (making sure you are not ineligible because of criminal reasons or you aren't a security threat to Canada).

"Physical Presence" deals with your physical presence requirements - to ensure if you have stayed in Canada for at least 1095 days during the eligibility period. They will also verify if you have lied in your physical presence calculator - CBSA is certainly involved in these checks. They check your entry and exit records and if they want to scrutinize further, they could ask you for additional documents (I-94 if you had multiple trips to the US or all the pages of your passport to check stamps) etc.