+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****August 2018***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

Synoptic

Jan 20, 2018
Hello Friends,

I have sent the sponsorship application for my child and the same is received at CIC office on AUG-20. Currently waiting for AOR.
Did someone receive any updates from CIC yet?
Applicants around your application received date has been receiving their AOR now. Yours should come soon too. :)

prabh03

Sep 13, 2018
I was finally able to link using Family Name and Application Number and the Passport Info of the PA. Let me know if that works for you!
Were you able to link the application immediately upon receiving the AOR or after 24hrs or so ?

prabh03

Sep 13, 2018
Hi Guys,
After getting the AOR will I (sponsor) be able to link my spouse (PA, outland) application to my GC account or will my spouse need to create a GC account and link the application. We have submitted the "use of representative" IMM5476 form which declares myself (sponsor) as the uncompensated representative.

Canadian_Bacon

May 20, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
02-08-2018
AOR Received.
30-09-2018
Med's Request
03-10-2018
Med's Done....
15-10-2018
Passport Req..
14-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
30-11-2018
Because there wasn't much info on this when I searched last night. For anyone doing medical exams in the US. The office in St. Louis charges $370.

Rv_2311

Star Member
Dec 30, 2015
Applicants around your application received date has been receiving their AOR now. Yours should come soon too. :)
August 7th applicant here, and still no update....I called CIC yesterday to know the process to change the address if the application is returned as I moved, but the agent said they are processing July 26th applications and my application was in the system, so it wont be returned (although I dont trust him)

JessStarlite

Sep 25, 2018
App. Filed.......
16-08-2018
AOR Received.
04-10-2018
Good news! My wife (Canadian) and I (American) received AOR 1 today, 10/4, via email. Our application was received on August 16.

The email says Mississauga even though we sent to Sydney. Is it possible that they just haven't updated their systems to reflect the switch to Sydney and the automated email they send out still has the old information? I need to know because I have to contact the right CIC office to correct an error they made and I don't want to spend hours on hold only to find that I've been waiting for the wrong office. Anybody have any thoughts? Has anyone gotten an email that specifically references the Sydney processing center with their AOR?

I&D2018

Star Member
Aug 13, 2018
You want Missisauga that means your case is a US based case that is not complicated. All the fast cases have gone through that office. Congrats.

cat_nz

May 3, 2018
Hi Applying for outland common law sponsorship.
My progress is as follows
My partner (Canadian) and I (New Zealand) sent in the application 27th August.
AOR received 3rd October. Just linked the application to MyCIC account.

Reactions: Aref.P and shah87

Synoptic

Jan 20, 2018
August 7th applicant here, and still no update....I called CIC yesterday to know the process to change the address if the application is returned as I moved, but the agent said they are processing July 26th applications and my application was in the system, so it wont be returned (although I dont trust him)
I wouldn't really trust that statement as well. Did you try getting your temporary application number since you're already in the system?

Synoptic

Jan 20, 2018
Good news! My wife (Canadian) and I (American) received AOR 1 today, 10/4, via email. Our application was received on August 16.

The email says Mississauga even though we sent to Sydney. Is it possible that they just haven't updated their systems to reflect the switch to Sydney and the automated email they send out still has the old information? I need to know because I have to contact the right CIC office to correct an error they made and I don't want to spend hours on hold only to find that I've been waiting for the wrong office. Anybody have any thoughts? Has anyone gotten an email that specifically references the Sydney processing center with their AOR?
I think that's normal. I was talking with two sponsors with US-based spouses, and they got AORs from CPC-M. I know, for sure, that US applications get forwarded to CPC-M at some point. I'm just not sure if it's during AOR1 or AOR2.

RomeLondonCollingwood

Star Member
Aug 5, 2018
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
13-08-2018
AOR Received.
03-10-2018
Med's Request
05-10-2018
Med's Done....
15-10-2018
Passport Req..
19-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
06-12-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2019
I think that's normal. I was talking with two sponsors with US-based spouses, and they got AORs from CPC-M. I know, for sure, that US applications get forwarded to CPC-M at some point. I'm just not sure if it's during AOR1 or AOR2.
Same for me. We sent our app to Sydney and got AOR yesterday from Missisauga.

App Received: Aug 13th
AOR: Oct 4th

PA from Italy, living in UK.

prabh03

Sep 13, 2018
Hi Applying for outland common law sponsorship.
My progress is as follows
My partner (Canadian) and I (New Zealand) sent in the application 27th August.
AOR received 3rd October. Just linked the application to MyCIC account.
whose GC account did you link the application, the principal applicant or the sponsor ? Did you submit IMM5476 declaring the sponsor as the representative for the applicant ?

BackToOntario

Star Member
Aug 18, 2018
Because there wasn't much info on this when I searched last night. For anyone doing medical exams in the US. The office in St. Louis charges $370.
Thank you! We are in New Orleans, so I have my choice of lengthy drives for the husband's medical... Houston, St. Louis, somewhere in TN. It will probably come down to whatever is the least expensive combination of travel + medical.

Reactions: Canadian_Bacon

Synoptic

Jan 20, 2018
whose GC account did you link the application, the principal applicant or the sponsor ? Did you submit IMM5476 declaring the sponsor as the representative for the applicant ?
The account used on GCKey doesn't matter, but you'll have to use the PA's information to be able to link.