+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 AOR - join here

Parmeet kaur67

Star Member
May 16, 2018
The only way to know where your eligibility is being done is through the GCMS notes. In some cases, eligibility starts at the CPC and then the file is transferred to the local VO where it is reviewed further before the final decision is made.
What did the agent tell you about your eligibility status?
I feel our applications were sent directly to ottawa,the same thing agent told me that your application is not sent anywhere,it is in Ottawa

cadgijoe

May 1, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
03-08-2018
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
Med's Done....
23-07-2018
Passport Req..
18-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2019
LANDED..........
21-05-2019
I called CIC today and got to know that VO is Ottawa. Background has not started yet. When I asked regarding eligibility, she told me that all the documents are in the place and so background May start in coming weeks.

I can easily see atleast 2 months (if everything is right) before any good news.
It is exactly as she said: your documents are in order (in other words, you passed R10/completeness check) but eligibility check hasn't started yet. You can check back in a month to see if eligibility has changed to 'under review', 'met'/'recommended pass', 'passed', 'review required', or 'not met'. The agent will say these terms very clearly.

Reactions: anotherone11

fahadxuberi

Star Member
Sep 6, 2018
Dubai, UAE
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-08-2018
Guys....just checked my account this morning and there was a ghost update

Status was changed from 'Submitted' to 'Application / Profile updated'

When I checked my account, there were no changes

AOR 28th Aug
MEP 20th Sep
RPRF paid upfront
FSW Outland - UAE

Any experts out there who can help me with the reason possibility?

I have just ordered GCMS notes day before yesterday. Can this ghost update be because they were updating something before providing me with the notes?

Reactions: expressca

Abdelilah

Apr 8, 2017
Calgary
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/08/2018
Doc's Request.
07/11/2018
AOR Received.
19/08/2018
LANDED..........
17/02/2019
The only way to know where your eligibility is being done is through the GCMS notes. In some cases, eligibility starts at the CPC and then the file is transferred to the local VO where it is reviewed further before the final decision is made.
What did the agent tell you about your eligibility status?
She told me exactly these words (I am translating from French):

“We are still looking at your documents and no abnormality was detected, all the needed documents were provided, we are looking at your antecedents and processing is going fine nothing unusual here, all you have to do from your side is to wait”

About my visa office:

“Yes, it is Ottawa, that’s where the cases are processed”

Not a very clear terminology, not mentioning anything about eligibility.

digitalmohsin

Star Member
Jun 24, 2017
United States
Does anyone know whats the latest timeline for US residents to get ppr after they moved to ip2
It depends. If you are in USA since you were 18, it would be fastest because there would be no background check from your country. On the other hand, if you came to USA recently it will take more time for the background check as they have to do it in another country. To answer your question, it can be anywhere from 40 to 120 days depending on years of stay in USA and your home country.

IranianinSweden

Star Member
Oct 16, 2018
Does anyone know whats the latest timeline for US residents to get ppr after they moved to ip2
No one knows for sure, but of what I have gathered, applications from US residents seems to be processed much faster than others. And this seems to be for two reasons, your background checks are done faster and most of your applications are processed in Ottowa which seems to have one of the fastest VOs.

satcan

Star Member
Jul 16, 2018
Yea I get what you’re saying. But I am asking the latest August aors residing in US who got PPr after moving to Ip2 how many days did it take for them. So that I can estimate mine. Thank you for info

Hitesh12345

Jul 9, 2018
It depends. If you are in USA since you were 18, it would be fastest because there would be no background check from your country. On the other hand, if you came to USA recently it will take more time for the background check as they have to do it in another country. To answer your question, it can be anywhere from 40 to 120 days depending on years of stay in USA and your home country.

That’s not right. I have been in the US for 16 years and only had to submit US FBi certificate. I have been in ip2 for 2 weeks. IMO they are queuing every one right now. My AOR is Aug 31st.

Andy3206

Star Member
Oct 11, 2018
India
Visa Office......
CPC Oattawa (Current)
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
IMM5475
AOR Received.
18/08/2018
Hi. Does anyone know how to send reminder for GCMS note to ATIP.

singhabhineet

Star Member
Mar 12, 2015
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
02/08/2018
Med's Done....
14 Jun 2018
Eligibility may or may not start at CPC and usually, it is done at the local VO.
That's incorrect. The file comes to local VO only if a verification of local employment/bank is needed. If the analysts think everything is ok, the file comes to local VO only for Visa stamping and last minute verifications if required.

Reactions: JJ_87

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
Hi Guys

AOR - 2 August 2018
MEP - 24 August 2018
BGC - 20 October 2018

PPR/COPR - 06 Nov 2018

FSW-O India

Will update the tracker in a short while - at work right now and tracker is not compatible with my current browser. :p

Thank you all for your insights, encouragement and promises of partying when in Canada ;)

God bless you all!
Was there a ghost update before ppr