+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AUGUST 2016 - CITIZENSHIP APPLICATIONS

tintin

Star Member
Oct 1, 2007
Rigly68 said:
Same here ;D. I really need it...flying out of country on the 11th.
I am going straight from the oath ceremony to the passport office. And get an urgent passport service.
It works. I know they say one should stay for 3days or thereabout, but its not true. You can use your citizenship certificate instantly.
And congratulations to everybody that submitted in August and is reaching the milestone of been granted the Canadian citizenship.

My timeline:
THORNHILL (MISSISSAUGA OFFICE)
APP MAILED: AUG 01TH,2016
APP DELIVERED: AUG 04TH,2016
AOR: AUG 16TH,2016
INPROCESS: AUG 24,2016
TEST INVITE:OCTOBER 24TH,2016
TEST:NOV 24th,2016
DM: NOV 28TH 2016
OATH INVITE:NOV 28TH,2016
OATH: DEC 15TH

ivana

Star Member
Mar 12, 2015
Hello All,
I just checked my E-Cast. It says "Decision Made".
Now, there is no information regarding my test or anything else. This is what it shows:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 18, 2016.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 1, 2016.
3. We started processing your application on September 6, 2016.

I did the test on Nov 10th. After the test, the officer asked me for some paper work. I sent it. No news.... Just Decision Made.
Any comments?

b52shot

Star Member
Oct 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats..

Is the PR card the only thing they ask for ? Did your invitation letter asks you to bring your PR only ? My invitation letter asks me to bring all the original docs I submitted for the citizenship application, PR card, 2 ids, passports.

islandting said:
my journey has ended had my oath this morning in mississauga
it was great took total about 2 hours upon arrival ..
GUYS REMEMBER TO TAKE YOUR PR CARDS BECAUSE ON THE DAY OF THE OATH YOU SURRENDER IT..A LADY DIDN'T TAKE THE OATH BECAUSE SHE DIDN'T HAVE HER CARD AND NO REPORT WAS GIVEN TO CIC

GOOD LUCK TO THE REST OF YOU GUYS ..
CAN I SAY ALL AUGUST APPLICANTS ARE THROUGH?

tinam

May 30, 2015
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ivana said:
Hello All,
Now, there is no information regarding my test or anything else. This is what it shows:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 18, 2016.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 1, 2016.

I did the test on Nov 10th. After the test, the officer asked me for some paper work. I sent it. No news.... Just Decision Made.
Any comments?
Hello Ivana,
I think congratulations is all you need at this time. I believe you will be getting an Oath invite letter soon. If the officer wasn't satisfied, he/she would have requested additional information. With "decision made" i think you are on your way to becoming a Canadian.

ivana

Star Member
Mar 12, 2015
tinam, Thanks for the response!
Lets hope for the best. Right after the test, the officer gave me a letter, she wanted some more documents from me. The weird part is that my e-cast shows nothing...

tinam

May 30, 2015
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ivana said:
Hello All,

Any comments?
Ivana, if you don't mind, when did you send the additional documents in? I am yet to send mine, just looking for a timeline. Thanks.

tinam

May 30, 2015
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ivana said:
tinam, Thanks for the response!
Lets hope for the best. Right after the test, the officer gave me a letter, she wanted some more documents from me. The weird part is that my e-cast shows nothing...
I don't think it has to show anything. I received a letter in the mail requesting documents but nothing shows on E-cas as well..Best wishes

ivana

Star Member
Mar 12, 2015
tinam said:
Ivana, if you don't mind, when did you send the additional documents in? I am yet to send mine, just looking for a timeline. Thanks.
I got my test on Nov 10th. That was a Friday, I sent the documents the following Monday [I have all the documents]. My office is Vancouver.

ivana

Star Member
Mar 12, 2015
tinam said:
I don't think it has to show anything. I received a letter in the mail requesting documents but nothing shows on E-cas as well..Best wishes
Did you call CIC call centre? I called them and the guy told me to wait 6 months...

tinam

May 30, 2015
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ivana said:
Did you call CIC call centre? I called them and the guy told me to wait 6 months...
No i did not call the call centre yet. Based on your timeline, seems like it takes quite a short time for them to respond. Lets hope tor the best results!

cisco316

Star Member
Aug 17, 2016
Hi guys Finally sang "O CANADA :D :D :D :D :D...it was a wonderful experience...Proud to be a canadian...i wish everybody all the best...

A CANADIAN IS A CANADIAN is a CANADIAN

cisco316

Star Member
Aug 17, 2016
tinam said:
No i did not call the call centre yet. Based on your timeline, seems like it takes quite a short time for them to respond. Lets hope tor the best results!
Hi Tinam, any update on your case...?

tinam

May 30, 2015
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cisco316 said:
Hi guys Finally sang "O CANADA :D :D :D :D :D...it was a wonderful experience...Proud to be a canadian...i wish everybody all the best...

A CANADIAN IS A CANADIAN is a CANADIAN
Congrats Cisco..very very happy for you! Best wishes to you and your family!

tinam

May 30, 2015
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cisco316 said:
Hi Tinam, any update on your case...?
Hi cisco,
No updates yet! I have gathered most of the documents requested but still waiting for medical claim history from ON and AB. I hope they come in soon because i have to respond by Dec 18th..