+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2013 Citizenship Applications - Start to Finish

Oct13

Jan 23, 2014
I am surprised by the test date for the user Milad of Vancouver. Can this be true? I know that Vancouver office is busy.

I messaged him but I got no reply.

c0mputer

Star Member
Jan 5, 2014
Cornwall,ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Augusters ,

this is just an update in my story ...

just called cic and asked three question to them

1 . how does cic will inform date , time and place of my test ? ans- by post and ONLY before 2 to 3 weeks before actual test date

2 where is my local office for my citizenship ? ans - ottawa

3 do i have any queries in my application ? ans NO , nothing being schedule until ottawa sends a letter for test .

4. when ? --any time between now and august ...i did not get this part ...Does ottawa takes a year for citizen ship ????

5. do i have to contact ottawa and let them know if i am unavailable for extended time away from home travelling ( my job

involves travelling for my clients anywhere in canada for 2 to 3 weeks in a raw .) ans - NO . we will reschedule your test date if you contact your LO by letter -application and include you in the next date right after ...

i am pretty psyched ..i don't have to wait for 25 months :)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
application sent -08/19
application received 08/21
process started 11/21
acknowledge of receipt received 01/07/2014
first call to cic : today 02/03/2014 ..
expecting test letter as per them anytime between 02/2014 to 08/2014 .

m2013

Oct 18, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi c0mputer,

did you ask your background check is ok or not,I call CIC today my file is still investigation.

c0mputer

Star Member
Jan 5, 2014
Cornwall,ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
m2013 said:
Hi c0mputer,

did you ask your background check is ok or not,I call CIC today my file is still investigation.
sorry , i am an clean slate, with no history of anything shoddy.if they doubt you they will ask for one.i guess in my case they don't need one,because they did not ask for anything else :) probably the next step is for me to get test date, no other queries at all.

vbomb

Star Member
Aug 26, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
1122 business management consultant
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-MAY-2010
Doc's Request.
07-SEP-2010
Nomination.....
23-MAR-2010
AOR Received.
01-SEP-2010
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
01-SEP-2010
Med's Done....
17-AUG-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-MAR-2011
VISA ISSUED...
06-APR-2011
LANDED..........
19-APR-2011
Oct13 said:
I am surprised by the test date for the user Milad of Vancouver. Can this be true? I know that Vancouver office is busy.

I messaged him but I got no reply.
I know, very jealous of his timeline since I'm in Vancouver as well and nothing of transfer to local office

Jabuela

Star Member
Feb 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
updating I did my citizen test today and I scored perfect 20/20...... waiting for oath.
good luck to everyone who is waiting for the test .

confused1234

May 6, 2013
confused1234 said:
I sent my application in the third week of August. Two weeks back cic had updated stating they have sent an acknowledgement letter. Yesterday they updated stating they started processing last week. Also they seem to be updating their system on thursday/friday (as opposed to the usual Tuesdays).

I got my test date. First week of March....Mississauga office.

c0mputer

Star Member
Jan 5, 2014
Cornwall,ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jabuela said:
updating I did my citizen test today and I scored perfect 20/20...... waiting for oath.
good luck to everyone who is waiting for the test .
are you from ottawa centre - i am still waiting and would love to go to for summer vacation - have paid leave pending for 14 days :p .. come on test date ..

is there any one with single citizenship application . i am single applicant btw for ottawa .. please update your test date if you are from ottawa :)

Jabuela

Star Member
Feb 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
c0mputer said:
are you from ottawa centre - i am still waiting and would love to go to for summer vacation - have paid leave pending for 14 days :p .. come on test date ..

is there any one with single citizenship application . i am single applicant btw for ottawa .. please update your test date if you are from ottawa :)
No I am not from Ottawa, I am from Scarborough though I filed my application alone without my husbands.

wsm_al

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
Hi All,
My timelines:

Application received by CIC on August 26, 2013.

AOR: August 26, 2013

CIC started processing my application on November 12, 2013.

Thanks,

wsm_al

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
Jabuela said:
Hi everyone I am posting to share and check, I am from ON, Scarborough

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 1, 2013.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 1, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.We started processing your application on October 7, 2013.

4.We sent you a notice on January 16, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 5, 2014 at 1:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
wow that is very fast!!! congratulations!! where are you from? is there a special reason that made your application to be processed that fast?
thanks,

wsm_al

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
confused1234 said:
I got my test date. First week of March....Mississauga office.
Congratulations!! usually it takes 25 months to process. Is there a special reason that made your application to be processed so quickly??
Thanks and good luck on the test!!!

Jabuela

Star Member
Feb 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wsm_al said:
wow that is very fast!!! congratulations!! where are you from? is there a special reason that made your application to be processed that fast?
thanks,
Hi
I am from Scarborough, ON
I don't think there is any reason for the application to be processed that fast, I think they are trying to clear as much files as they can before the new bill become in effect.