+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

attending covocation of my elder brother

Mar 16, 2017
My elder brother's covocation ceremony is to be held in june 2017, me my parents and my younger brother is willing to attend his convocation as he sent invitation letter of his university,

First question is that my father is a retired government servant getting pension about 1200CAD/month and owning property by his name and having bank statement of 50000CAD in which about 12000CAD is recently transfered and doesn't have any travel history

Is this bank statement enough for four members? Will the recently transfered money effect the case? And having no travel history will effect the case? And what documents he needs for the best chance of getting visit visa

Second question is that my mother is home maker having no account as she is dependent on my father so what documents should I prepare for her?

Third question, I'm currently employed in an Private organization getting salary of 1050CAD/month, I'm having the appointment letter, service card, salary slips of six months, so what documents I need more?

Fourth question is that my younger brother is currently studying in 2nd year Civil engineering diploma(DAE), so what letters and documents he needs?

Please help me as I'm applying on 25th march and few days left, I want to make our case strong
Looking forward

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

IMO, unless each of you have other strong ties to demonstrate (in addition to what you've posted).... the chances of approval are 50-50 percent going southwards.

For your dad:
Strong ties: His property + pension
Weak points: Retired + no travel history + entire family applying together

1. Can he explain the source of CAD 12,000 with evidence? Was it earned by your dad? Did he pay taxes on this?

2. For CAD 50,000: The source? Was it earned by your dad? Why has it not been invested? Points you may want to explain in the TRV application.

3. Does he have to return to his home country to renew his pension?

To make his application stronger:
Property evaluation + current market value for the property + pension documents

For your mom:
1. Does she have a bank account? Does she pay taxes?

2. Does she own the property with your dad?

Your dad must include a Letter of Financial Support for your mom + his bank statement for your mom's application

For yourself:
Strong ties: Only your employment
Weak points: Dependent on your dad to pay for the visit

You must also include a leave approval letter from your employer which states you will have your job when you return + 6 months bank statements (which match your salary transfers) + 2 years ITRs.

1. Do you live with your parents?

2. Do you have a reason to return to your home country by a specific date (with evidence)?

3. Have you traveled abroad?

4. Do you own any property or land?

For your brother:
Strong ties: His study program
Weak points: Young + dependent on your parents + mid-way through his study program (??) + no property ownership + no previous travel history + intends to visit in the summer (I'm assuming he has vacations then)

He must include:
Letter from his college stating he is a bona fide student + tuition fee receipts for the next academic year + transcripts, etc

I recommend that only your parents should apply with you/your brother as the family ties to return to. You and your brother must NOT apply as your chances of getting TRVs are low

Cheers

Mar 16, 2017
Bryanna said:
Hi,

IMO, unless each of you have other strong ties to demonstrate (in addition to what you've posted).... the chances of approval are 50-50 percent going southwards.

For your dad:
Strong ties: His property + pension
Weak points: Retired + no travel history + entire family applying together

1. Can he explain the source of CAD 12,000 with evidence? Was it earned by your dad? Did he pay taxes on this?yes my father has Government pension slip(upto date) which clearly states that he is receiving 12000CAD/month pension since he is retired as he was government employee, and tax deduction is mentioned in pension slip, at the moment my father age is 65years

2. For CAD 50,000: The source? Was it earned by your dad? Why has it not been invested? Points you may want to explain in the TRV application. savings is the source of this money + he sold his car worth 9500CAD which will be mentioned in bank statement along with the attested stamp paper through which card is sold

3. Does he have to return to his home country to renew his pension? yes of course, his pension is directly transfers to his bank account one another point is that I have 3 sisters and they all are married so we are bound to them and we will definitely come back

To make his application stronger:
Property evaluation + current market value for the property + pension documents a point raise her that my father has property evaluation + current market value for the property along with pension documents but in another blog I noticed a guy said that his father visa got rejected just because of showing these assets and the reason was that they don't need such documents

For your mom:
1. Does she have a bank account? Does she pay taxes? yeah she is having a bank account but she has no money in her account because she doesn't need that, second thing she is a house maker so she doesn't deal with tax related things

2. Does she own the property with your dad? no she doesn't

Your dad must include a Letter of Financial Support for your mom + his bank statement for your mom's application ofcourse my father will include letter of financial support along with his bank statement, but will it work for her?

For yourself:
Strong ties: Only your employment
Weak points: Dependent on your dad to pay for the visit

You must also include a leave approval letter from your employer which states you will have your job when you return + 6 months bank statements (which match your salary transfers) + 2 years ITRs.I have got one month leave approval letter from my employer in which it is stated that he will have his job when he returns but the problem is that I'm receiving my salary via cheque, and I cash the cheque in bank and is not transfered to my account as I don't have an account but I do have the scans of all cheques along with salary slips so will it work?

1. Do you live with your parents? yes I live with them

2. Do you have a reason to return to your home country by a specific date (with evidence)? Yes because I have been granted just for one month leave and if I exceeded one month leave then they will kick me, and another reason is that I'm willing to get admission in masters and admissions will start in august

3. Have you traveled abroad?not yet, It will be my first time

4. Do you own any property or land? yes my father has gifted me a plot worth 45000CAD

For your brother:
Strong ties: His study program
Weak points: Young + dependent on your parents + mid-way through his study program (??) + no property ownership + no previous travel history + intends to visit in the summer (I'm assuming he has vacations then)

He must include:
Letter from his college stating he is a bona fide student + tuition fee receipts for the next academic year + transcripts, etche has all these letters, he is also a member of martial arts and have taken leave of one month and other letters from his administrative as well

I recommend that only your parents should apply with you/your brother as the family ties to return to. You and your brother must NOT apply as your chances of getting TRVs are lowwhat if Just I would apply with my parents? And will my case effect on my parents visa?

Cheers

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
A one month trip is too long if you haven't travel abroad before. Go for 2 weeks instead.

Mar 16, 2017
scylla said:
A one month trip is too long if you haven't travel abroad before. Go for 2 weeks instead.
Thanks for your reply, We were planning to apply for 3 weeks i.e 15th june to 30th june but my brother in canada told us to apply for one because he wanted us to spent some time with him and visit some places there. Let me know will it be beneficial if We apply for 2 or 3 weeks?
Thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I have 3 sisters and they all are married so we are bound to them and we will definitely come back
Are their weddings scheduled in the near future? Bookings made? Invitations sent?

another blog I noticed a guy said that his father visa got rejected just because of showing these assets and the reason was that they don't need such documents
No, your understanding is incorrect. His dad was refused because VFS did NOT accept these documents. So, he could not prove his strong ties.

I had requested that poster to clarify with the Islamabad visa office (not with VFS) if there's any truth in these statements. We have not heard from him.

I recommend that your dad includes his property ownership documents. If VFS refuses to accept documents for property ownership/business/proofs of strong ties then do not apply as a paper submission. Apply online instead.

ofcourse my father will include letter of financial support along with his bank statement, but will it work for her?
As your mom does not have any income + no finances of her own, she must include these documents.

I'm receiving my salary via cheque, and I cash the cheque in bank and is not transfered to my account as I don't have an account but I do have the scans of all cheques along with salary slips so will it work?
I don't know how this works i.e a cheque in your name can be cashed without you having a bank account.

No, the scans of the cheques will NOT work. Generally speaking (and not in your case), cheques can be prepared for any amount/issued any number of times.... and 'Stop Payment' instructions can be issued immediately.

Your employer must issue a letter on business stationery with complete details of your salaries paid by cheques.

Do you file ITRs? Does your employer deduct tax at source on your income? Do you have any financial investments? Or have employer/your contributions made to pension funds?

Yes because I have been granted just for one month leave and if I exceeded one month leave then they will kick me
Future scenarios of what may happen/not happen, unless backed with evidence are hypothetical scenarios.... and do not hold good for a visa application.

and another reason is that I'm willing to get admission in masters and admissions will start in august
Have you enrolled in the Masters program? Paid tuition fees?

Mar 16, 2017
Thanks Bryanna
My father already have his property evaluation documents but they are of 2015, does he need to new these documents? Or he should make new?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
In most cases, property prices appreciate with time. It's best to get a new valuation done. Mention there's no mortgage (if it is the case)

For documentation: State all amounts in your home country currency and CAD

rukaran

May 10, 2020
Hi I want to invite my brother,mother and my cousin brother on my convocation which will held next year.
I have a doubt regarding whether I can call my brother. He is 23 years old . he is studying as well as engaged in agriculture.
My father is no more so now all the property belongs to my brother. Source of income is from agriculture. He has a farm of approximately 50 lakh in indian rupees . My mother has a bank account and a plot register on her name.
Moreover, my grandfather is a american citizen and he had worked till 2017. He had paid all the taxes and now he is getting pension from the government.
so can they get visa and can my grandfather paid taxes can make my case stronger.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi I want to invite my brother,mother and my cousin brother on my convocation which will held next year.
I have a doubt regarding whether I can call my brother. He is 23 years old . he is studying as well as engaged in agriculture.
My father is no more so now all the property belongs to my brother. Source of income is from agriculture. He has a farm of approximately 50 lakh in indian rupees . My mother has a bank account and a plot register on her name.
Moreover, my grandfather is a american citizen and he had worked till 2017. He had paid all the taxes and now he is getting pension from the government.
so can they get visa and can my grandfather paid taxes can make my case stronger.
Each will be evaluated individually based on their strong ties, personal savings, previous international travel, etc. Your grandfather has no influence on the applications. Yes your brother may struggle to be approved.