+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Atlantic Immigration Program - Husband & Son's Location

Apr 5, 2023
Hi Friends,
I am currently working on closed work permit, working in Ontario. My wife is on open work permit, working in Ontario too. Since we have a very low CRS score (390 - 410) we are planning to apply for Atlantic Immigration Program. My wife is planning to search job in any of the provinces. Before that we wanted to know that should all 3 of us need to move to Atlantic province if my wife gets job or myself and my son can stay in Ontario and only my wife goes to Atlantic province to work. If she goes alone and work, can she include our names for PR application.
I know you guys are helping lots of people. Requesting to provide some inputs here as well.
Thanks in advance.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi Friends,
I am currently working on closed work permit, working in Ontario. My wife is on open work permit, working in Ontario too. Since we have a very low CRS score (390 - 410) we are planning to apply for Atlantic Immigration Program. My wife is planning to search job in any of the provinces. Before that we wanted to know that should all 3 of us need to move to Atlantic province if my wife gets job or myself and my son can stay in Ontario and only my wife goes to Atlantic province to work. If she goes alone and work, can she include our names for PR application.
I know you guys are helping lots of people. Requesting to provide some inputs here as well.
Thanks in advance.
You don’t have to move but your wife knows how the program works, right?

Apr 5, 2023
Thanks for the reply @Naturgrl
All that we know is the information available on canada.ca site. Let us know if you have any other source of information please.
Have few questions below,
If I and my son don't move, can my wife include our names in PR application? Is there any condition that we should be staying in Atlantic province for PR processing?
Can I, being on closed work permit, working in Ontario move to Atlantic province since my work type is remote working?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for the reply @Naturgrl
All that we know is the information available on canada.ca site. Let us know if you have any other source of information please.
Have few questions below,
If I and my son don't move, can my wife include our names in PR application? Is there any condition that we should be staying in Atlantic province for PR processing?
Can I, being on closed work permit, working in Ontario move to Atlantic province since my work type is remote working?
You and your son don’t have to move. If your LMIA and closed work permit says you can work outside Ontario then you can move. AIP is not an easy PNP program. She needs to find employment with a designated employer who cannot find Canadian, PRs or those with work permits. It is designed more for those who have studied in the provinces. Good luck.

Apr 5, 2023
Thanks @Naturgrl . But canada.ca specifies on who can apply as below and doesn't say specifically for those who have studied in provinces:
"To be eligible for the Atlantic Immigration Program, you must
If you meet all of these requirements, you can start looking for a job with a designated Atlantic employer."