+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ATIP Missing Entry Record

KaiAT

Star Member
Dec 22, 2022
Category........
PNP
Hello everyone,

Recently, I crossed the US border to do a Nexus interview, and I came back the same day two hours later, but on my return to Canada, something felt off with the immigration officer. He took my passport and PR card and gave it back immediately which makes me think he didn’t run it in the system and just gave it back. Anyway, I requested ATIP which came in today and it shows my exit from Canada but no Entry. However, I'm currently in Canada. Is there a way I can fix this, so it doesn’t effect my Citizenship Application?

xf2278389393

Aug 27, 2023
Subection 12(2) of the Privacy Act states,
(2) Every individual who is given access under paragraph (1)(a) to personal information that has been used, is being used or is available for use for an administrative purpose is entitled to
(a) request correction of the personal information where the individual believes there is an error or omission therein;
(b) require that a notation be attached to the information reflecting any correction requested but not made; and
(c) require that any person or body to whom that information has been disclosed for use for an administrative purpose within two years prior to the time a correction is requested or a notation is required under this subsection in respect of that information
(i) be notified of the correction or notation, and
(ii) where the disclosure is to a government institution, the institution make the correction or notation on any copy of the information under its control.
All you have to is reply to the email that attached the travel history report and cite subsection 12(2) of the Privacy Act, requesting this entry to be added by way of a correction or notation. Be sure to mention both correction and notation.