Feb 10, 2014
I noticed the following entry under the "Events" section of my ATIP file:

Created Date: 2013/12/15
Created By: .....
Updated Date: 2013/12/15
Updated By: ....
Event Type: Citizenship Interview
Event Local Time: 2014/07/01 00:00

I wondered what it meant, and so I took a look around the different immigration forums.

(1) Forum user stoneFlake received a similar message and date in their ATIP file: https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=11303&PN=12&title=understanding-atip-reports

(2) Forum user Optimism received a similar message and date in their ATIP file:
https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=11303&PN=15&title=understanding-atip-reports

Does anyone know what this CIC message means? Why do the ATIP files state that citizenship interviews will be held on 7/1/2014? Is it a mistake?

::)

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
Newbie2014 said:

I wondered what it meant, and so I took a look around the different immigration forums.

(1) Forum user stoneFlake received a similar message and date in their ATIP file: https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=11303&PN=12&title=understanding-atip-reports

https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=11303&PN=15&title=understanding-atip-reports

Does anyone know what this CIC message means? Why do the ATIP files state that citizenship interviews will be held on 7/1/2014? Is it a mistake?

Unless I'm mistaken, that probably means that they sent you correspondence to attend the interview on that date. Did you check your eCas?

Newbie2014

Feb 10, 2014
h3a3j6 said:
Unless I'm mistaken, that probably means that they sent you correspondence to attend the interview on that date. Did you check your eCas?

Yes, that's what I thought at first. But there's been no eCas information. And it appears to be a common message in other people's ATIP files, which got me thinking that it is an error?

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Newbie2014 said:

This is an internal reminder for CIC that you are in line for the test and interview and that it "should" happen by July 1. My guess is that this is a computer system work-around make by CIC to prioritize your application to be among the big push in advance of the new citizenship bill and Canada Day. (The CIC has already processed 100,000 apps in 2014, which is almost double the 2013 rate).

The created date and the correspondence refers to the CIT 0521. You won't be sitting for your test at midnight on Canada Day.

Like many others I had this on my ATIP as well. I was scheduled for the test at the end of February and Oath at the end of May. Not everyone who has this status will be scheduled for a test before Canada Day. There's too many unknowns and luck with the CIC process to predict exactly, but taken in concert with the rest of your ATIP, it could indicate that your test will be soon.

Good luck.

Newbie2014

Feb 10, 2014
eileenf said:
This is an internal reminder for CIC that you are in line for the test and interview and that it "should" happen by July 1. My guess is that this is a computer system work-around make by CIC to prioritize your application to be among the big push in advance of the new citizenship bill and Canada Day. (The CIC has already processed 100,000 apps in 2014, which is almost double the 2013 rate).

The created date and the correspondence refers to the CIT 0521. You won't be sitting for your test at midnight on Canada Day.

Like many others I had this on my ATIP as well. I was scheduled for the test at the end of February and Oath at the end of May. Not everyone who has this status will be scheduled for a test before Canada Day. There's too many unknowns and luck with the CIC process to predict exactly, but taken in concert with the rest of your ATIP, it could indicate that your test will be soon.

Good luck.

Thank you,eileen -- I greatly appreciate your input.

I guess, then, it is just a default message? I am still waiting on my RQ to be assessed. When I saw the message regarding an appointment with a citizenship judge in my ATIP file, my hope rose that there was now a light at the end of the tunnel and this long process would soon end. But I guess not.

enyeeme

Apr 14, 2014
Hi I applied for ATIP request on Jun 5th after 6 pm or so, I got an email mentioning as follows. I do not get any email thereafter.

You have successfully submitted your request under the Privacy Act to Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
The information and documents that you provided will be reviewed and processing will begin shortly.
Please note that if you have submitted your request outside of regular business hours, the processing of ur request will begin the following business day.
If your request is complete, it will be processed within 30 calendar days from the date of receipt, unless an extension is required. Extensions may be taken for limited and specific reasons, which are listed in the following sections of the Acts:
Section 9 of the Access to Information Act
Section 15 of the Privacy Act
Your temporary request tracking number is xxxxxx. After your request has been registered, a new number will be assigned to your request.
Should additional information or documents be required, you will be notified by the Access to Information and Privacy Division at Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
When you receive an answer to your request, review the information to determine whether you wish to make a further request under the Act. You also have the right to file a complaint to the Privacy Commissioner should you believe that you have been denied any of your rights under the Act.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact CIC’s ATIP Division by e-mail.
Thank you for using the Access to Information and Privacy online application.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now my question is, based on the above sentence in bold letters, -- "After your request has been registered, a new number will be assigned to your request"
how would I know whether my request is complete and has been registered and a new number is assigned? Should I contact them by email to clarify my doubt?

Please do reply me by someone who has requested the ATIP -- access to privacy act and got response already.

mailvdutt

Dec 29, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-sep-2009
Doc's Request.
20-nov-2009
File Transfer...
25-Nov-2009
Med's Request
06-Apr-2010
Med's Done....
13-Apr-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-Apr-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-May-2010
LANDED..........
28-jul-2010
ATIP comes in email or letter through canada post

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Newbie2014 said:

did u get test invite?