+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

at the very beginning of immigration process - help needed please

lorcia

Feb 14, 2011
Hello everybody,
I am glad that I find this forum. I have read a lot of interested things here and I am always happy to see that are still places where people are willing to share their experience and spend their time in order to help someone in need with helpful advice or suggestion.
This time my wife and I are ones of those people.
Our situation is very complicated. We would really appreciate if someone who has experience regarding this issue and enough patience to carefully go through all this help us with some piece of advice and tell us what to do.
We are both from Serbia and we live and work in Cayman Islands. I am waiter and my wife is salesperson and we have been here for about three years. We are in mid thirties and we want to have children. Here in Cayman you have to be very rich to raise kids as a foreigner and we are not. We have to move somewhere and it seems that the best place for us is Canada.
Now gets complicated. Since we can’t wait much longer we will start working on my wife’s pregnancy in next few months. If God bless us with a child, my wife would give a birth somewhere next year. We would like to move to Canada with a baby since as long as we don’t have children here we don’t have complications with Caymanian law. After the baby comes (with Gods blessing), we have another twelve months to leave Cayman. So if we start working on immigration now that gives us enough time I think.
Tricky thing is that we would submit our application now without children and we don’t know how would getting my wife pregnant effect the whole process.
Another thing is that we filled out that eligibility test and without arranged employment each of us has about 10 points less than set minimum, guessing that we would get high points at IELTS test. With job offer we would reach the minimum. According to our estimation of course. We would also like to know shall we have to take IELTS test and would getting a sponsor bring us some extra points even if we have enough money. Also problem is that we can’t take IELTS in Cayman because is not one of supported countries.
And the last thing – how it works with arranged employment? If we need one, do we must have an employment offer before we submit our application? If yes, what if employer cancel his offer because of length of immigration process? Most likely that the process itself will take some time and I don’t think that any employer will wait for a worker a year or two until everything is done. Can anyone clarify this for me, please?
I know that all this sounds very confusing but that is situation we are in. We really want kids and we really want to move to Canada. My wife and I would really appreciate if someone could advise us what to do in order to accomplish this since we are at the very beginning.
Thank you very much in advance and God bless you all.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

lorcia said:
Hello everybody,
I am glad that I find this forum. I have read a lot of interested things here and I am always happy to see that are still places where people are willing to share their experience and spend their time in order to help someone in need with helpful advice or suggestion.
This time my wife and I are ones of those people.
Our situation is very complicated. We would really appreciate if someone who has experience regarding this issue and enough patience to carefully go through all this help us with some piece of advice and tell us what to do.
We are both from Serbia and we live and work in Cayman Islands. I am waiter and my wife is salesperson and we have been here for about three years. We are in mid thirties and we want to have children. Here in Cayman you have to be very rich to raise kids as a foreigner and we are not. We have to move somewhere and it seems that the best place for us is Canada.
Now gets complicated. Since we can't wait much longer we will start working on my wife's pregnancy in next few months. If God bless us with a child, my wife would give a birth somewhere next year. We would like to move to Canada with a baby since as long as we don't have children here we don't have complications with Caymanian law. After the baby comes (with Gods blessing), we have another twelve months to leave Cayman. So if we start working on immigration now that gives us enough time I think.
Tricky thing is that we would submit our application now without children and we don't know how would getting my wife pregnant effect the whole process.
Another thing is that we filled out that eligibility test and without arranged employment each of us has about 10 points less than set minimum, guessing that we would get high points at IELTS test. With job offer we would reach the minimum. According to our estimation of course. We would also like to know shall we have to take IELTS test and would getting a sponsor bring us some extra points even if we have enough money. Also problem is that we can't take IELTS in Cayman because is not one of supported countries.
And the last thing – how it works with arranged employment? If we need one, do we must have an employment offer before we submit our application? If yes, what if employer cancel his offer because of length of immigration process? Most likely that the process itself will take some time and I don't think that any employer will wait for a worker a year or two until everything is done. Can anyone clarify this for me, please?
I know that all this sounds very confusing but that is situation we are in. We really want kids and we really want to move to Canada. My wife and I would really appreciate if someone could advise us what to do in order to accomplish this since we are at the very beginning.
Thank you very much in advance and God bless you all.
1. To qualify as a skilled worker for Canada one of you has to have at least 1 years experience in the past 10 in an occupation on the list of "29" http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-instructions.asp#list If you don't you either have to have worked at a skilled occupation in Canada for 2 years on a work permit, or have graduated in Canada and worked for 1 year at a skilled occupation.
2. Otherwise you would require an Approved Employment opinion from HRSDC that an employer has submitted that in that they will employ you have you have received Permanent Residence.
3. You should take the assessment at : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp
4. If you qualify you will have to find a test centre for either IELTs or CELPIP.

lorcia

Feb 14, 2011
Thank you for your interest. Unfortunately none of us meets any of those "29" occupations. Does it meet that we must have arranged employment and please how would my wife's pregnancy effect the whole process?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

lorcia said:
Thank you for your interest. Unfortunately none of us meets any of those "29" occupations. Does it meet that we must have arranged employment and please how would my wife's pregnancy effect the whole process?
1. Then you need an employer to submit an AEO to HRSDC is want to have any chance.
2. Your wife's pregnancy has no bearing on the application.