+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

At age 44, should i start the PR process

Nee_75

Dec 6, 2019
Hi,

I am thinking to start the Canada PR process and I am at age 44. By Dec 2020, I will turn 45.

I went through lot of stuff on the internet with mixed feelings and not sure yet. I am yet to give my IELTS and get my ECA done.

I have calculated my eligibility score which comes around 69 Points with CLB 8 band and CRS score of 368.

I would appreciate if people in this forum would advice on what are my chances? Should i go give a try or altogether drop it considering investment of time and money.

Thanks
Neeraj Pardhi

Mike@2019

Oct 13, 2019
Hi,

I am thinking to start the Canada PR process and I am at age 44. By Dec 2020, I will turn 45.

I went through lot of stuff on the internet with mixed feelings and not sure yet. I am yet to give my IELTS and get my ECA done.

I have calculated my eligibility score which comes around 69 Points with CLB 8 band and CRS score of 368.

I would appreciate if people in this forum would advice on what are my chances? Should i go give a try or altogether drop it considering investment of time and money.

Thanks
Neeraj Pardhi
It's really never too late, although your chances are small. If your CRS score is 368, your best bet is to get a provincial nomination. Alberta will be your best Chance since they don't consider age for your nomination and don't have a ranking point grid. You only have to meet their requirements. I'll suggest you do your research on them.
Good luck.

Reactions: zee90999

Nee_75

Dec 6, 2019
It's really never too late, although your chances are small. If your CRS score is 368, your best bet is to get a provincial nomination. Alberta will be your best Chance since they don't consider age for your nomination and don't have a ranking point grid. You only have to meet their requirements. I'll suggest you do your research on them.
Good luck.
Thank you for your response. Sure I will do my research.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Whqt are you reasons for wanting to move to Canada? Getting into the job market at your age can be hard given that you likely have seniority in your current position. Do you have experience in large multinationals? Employment contacts in Canada? That would help. Have you looked to se if it makes sense financially? In many cases it no longer does. You also need to look at retirement. Depending on your current financial situation you could be setting yourself up for problems in retirement.

MelanieL

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Your points are too low unless you go for PNP but this takes a long time. If you aren't sure if you even want to then why bother, it is expensive and takes a long time... only do it if you REALLY want to move to Canada!