+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Asylum Seeking at Port Of Entry (Airport)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I'm doing a refugee claim I don't think it's asylum but I can't leave my children either no way for them to stay
Asylum / refugee is essentially the same thing.

So I assume your children are traveling with you?

maloney

Jul 10, 2024
“because entering Canada with no money and no way to stay with family is crazy”

Is that a question or a statement ? You could potentially end up on the streets .
If you were approved for a visa one supposedly has to show they could afford to visit here, hence why would you have no money ?
If you’re expecting to be given the white gloved treatment, then probably look at other countries
Asylum / refugee is essentially the same thing.

So I assume your children are traveling with you?
Yes they are I can't leave them

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes they are I can't leave them
Are you from Mexico? If so you should know approval rates are fairly low and you would be expected to show that you could not live anywhere in your country without escaping persecution/harm. As a single parent it will be incredibly hard to survive in Canada and start again. How old are your children and does the father have any form of custody/visitation with the child? Also Canada is not 100% safe.

Reactions: Copingwithlife

maloney

Jul 10, 2024
Are you from Mexico? If so you should know approval rates are fairly low and you would be expected to show that you could not live anywhere in your country without escaping persecution/harm. As a single parent it will be incredibly hard to survive in Canada and start again. How old are your children and does the father have any form of custody/visitation with the child? Also Canada is not 100% safe.
no I'm not 10 and 14 what's not safe about it and which airport is best

maloney

Jul 10, 2024
If you don't know what you need to do in order to claim asylum in Canada, I suggest you stop and educate yourself first. It's all on Google
I wanted to hear from u because I do have everyone's paper work just incase I missed something

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I wanted to hear from u because I do have everyone's paper work just incase I missed something
You have to prove there is no safe location in your home country where you can live. You also need to show permission from the mother for your children to travel or proof that you have full legal custody. As previously noted getting asylum from a country where you can travel with just an ETA is typically very difficult. If not Canada would not allow you to travel with just an ETA. Would suggest you speak to a Canadian immigration lawyer about your chances of getting asylum before traveling. The asylum process is very difficult especially if you have no personal funds. The asylum system is very overwhelmed and affordable housing is very difficult to find. Even if you get a work permit it will be very difficult to support your family on one income especially if a low wage profession.