+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Asked to re do medicals but no instruction received yet help!

Iepi

Jan 18, 2013
I got the letter in my inbox today! We are so happy they are finally processing my case. I have a question, they are processing in peru office, in the letter they asked me to undergo again with the medicals, right after that i did an appointment at the dr office and then i noticed that in the letter cic sent me it says that an e mail with instructions regading medicals will be sent to my e mail and if i don't get it in 2 days i should send them an e-mail so they can send it again to me. Now here is my question, since i already made an appointment but didn't receive the medical instruction mail yet should i take the medicals tomorrow as planned or should i wait 2 days until i get the instructions from cic (i have my file number and the letter they asking me for re-do my medicals) and for sure i don't want to wait 2 days (even one hour it seems eternity) we are getting closer to be together!!! So happy!!

Iepi

Jan 18, 2013
Anybody? Pls not sure i cancel o go for the medicals..also cic asked me for some supporting documents because my husband just submitted photocopies with the application, they are requiring originals and i am not sure if i should translate them again or just send them the original documents requested. Thank you!

Betina

Jul 17, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2013
Doc's Request.
05-08-2013 (IMM5669E/Q8), 14-11-2013 (proof of return, of funds, of cohabitation)
AOR Received.
06-06-2013
File Transfer...
11-06-2013
Med's Done....
12-11-2012, repeat x-ray for extension 23-01-2014 (extension granted)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2014
LANDED..........
08-04-2014
Iepi said:
I got the letter in my inbox today! We are so happy they are finally processing my case. I have a question, they are processing in peru office, in the letter they asked me to undergo again with the medicals, right after that i did an appointment at the dr office and then i noticed that in the letter cic sent me it says that an e mail with instructions regading medicals will be sent to my e mail and if i don't get it in 2 days i should send them an e-mail so they can send it again to me. Now here is my question, since i already made an appointment but didn't receive the medical instruction mail yet should i take the medicals tomorrow as planned or should i wait 2 days until i get the instructions from cic (i have my file number and the letter they asking me for re-do my medicals) and for sure i don't want to wait 2 days (even one hour it seems eternity) we are getting closer to be together!!! So happy!!
I think you should wait for their instructions. Maybe they don't want you to redo all the exams.
Just delay your appointment for a few days.

Iepi said:
Anybody? Pls not sure i cancel o go for the medicals..also cic asked me for some supporting documents because my husband just submitted photocopies with the application, they are requiring originals and i am not sure if i should translate them again or just send them the original documents requested. Thank you!
If they ask for the originals then you need to send the originals :)

askcanada

Mar 22, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Lima Peru
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2012
File Transfer...
22-01-2013
Med's Request
07-10-2013
Med's Done....
first time 20-07-2012; re-done: 09-10-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-10-2013
Iepi said:
As I said to you in the other post, they are supposed to email you something called a Medical Report, in a separate email; it contains the sponsored persons Biodata etc, name, etc already filled out in by Cdn. Embassy in Lima, with a special number (other than a file number) on it.

There is only one panel doctor (authorized by the Canadian Embassy in Lima) in Lima Peru to do the medical examination; you are supposed to take that form with you (when you get it) to your appointment with your ID and whatever other documents as well some passport size pictures of yourself (all this will be in the instructions they will send you)- then, you pay for the medical exam 410 soles, plus whatever tests they need. After that, the Medical Clinic in Lima will directly send your medical results to the Cdn Embassy in Lima...and then you follow all other instructions by the Embassy. This is what we did and we are waiting.

Good luck!

Iepi

Jan 18, 2013
Hi askcanada,

Thank you for replying since i am concern about the medicals..i couldn't get a reply soon enough and since i had the appointment i went to the physician and ask the girl in front desk about my situation, that i didn't received the medical report yet..what the lady told me was that it was ok, that they will filed another code for the medical report since the one we submitted in august already expired..she gaves me a paper for filling out some information and then wrote an UMI number (which she says cic might identify me with this code) no my husband name or biodata was written on it. then did all the medicals for me and my son (my son just did the urinary, i had to pass through rx, etc).

I also asked the lady if it will be sent to canada's embassy in Lima (since i know all my documents are already in Lima) and she said it will be mailed to Canada (where all medicals are supposed to go) wasn't sure about that since i don't want it to take longer but she said system had changed and now they share information through online...so cic Lima will know about the results of my medicals...

Plss did i make wrong? What should i do in order to know that i did the right choice and it is not gonna affect the process...

Thank you!

Iepi

Jan 18, 2013
Betina said:
I think you should wait for their instructions. Maybe they don't want you to redo all the exams.
Just delay your appointment for a few days.

If they ask for the originals then you need to send the originals :)

About translation..when my husband submitted paperworks there in Canada he already make them translate (from spanish to english) there, the only problem is thar we just submitted photocopies instead of originals, so now they are asking me for the originals and don't know if i should make them (the originals) translate again...

Thank you for your response..having some many doubt due to paperworks :(

Iepi

Jan 18, 2013
askcanada said:
As I said to you in the other post, they are supposed to email you something called a Medical Report, in a separate email; it contains the sponsored persons Biodata etc, name, etc already filled out in by Cdn. Embassy in Lima, with a special number (other than a file number) on it.

There is only one panel doctor (authorized by the Canadian Embassy in Lima) in Lima Peru to do the medical examination; you are supposed to take that form with you (when you get it) to your appointment with your ID and whatever other documents as well some passport size pictures of yourself (all this will be in the instructions they will send you)- then, you pay for the medical exam 410 soles, plus whatever tests they need. After that, the Medical Clinic in Lima will directly send your medical results to the Cdn Embassy in Lima...and then you follow all other instructions by the Embassy. This is what we did and we are waiting.

Good luck!
Sorry, seems like you are from Peru too askcanada! Would really appreciate if you could share experience and knowledge about this subject!

Btw happy thanksgiving to all!! <3

askcanada

Mar 22, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Lima Peru
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2012
File Transfer...
22-01-2013
Med's Request
07-10-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-10-2013
Iepi said:
Sorry, seems like you are from Peru too askcanada! Would really appreciate if you could share experience and knowledge about this subject!

Btw happy thanksgiving to all!! <3
Yes, the knowledge and information I am giving is from our experience with lima peru office!

Iepi

Jan 18, 2013
askcanada said:
Yes, the knowledge and information I am giving is from our experience with lima peru office!
Wish i have heard from you all before! Now getting into a big nightmare without knowing what's gonna happen with my medical since i didn't submit the biodata and summary form (IMM1017) also the new UCI embassy provide us haven't been report to the physician, any advice?

askcanada

Mar 22, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Lima Peru
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2012
File Transfer...
22-01-2013
Med's Request
07-10-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-10-2013
Iepi said:
Wish i have heard from you all before! Now getting into a big nightmare without knowing what's gonna happen with my medical since i didn't submit the biodata and summary form (IMM1017) also the new UCI embassy provide us haven't been report to the physician, any advice?
I don't really understand the latter part of your question - I am answering you because you are a Lima case as well as we are.

So, I can only suggest to contact the Embassy in Lima by phone and/or email and tell them you have not received the Medical Report with Biodata to your email yet and go from there.

One more thing, the Embassy (I don't think) reports the UCI to the physician (you have to take the Medical Report form with Biodata given to you by email from the Embassy to the physician in Lima Peru to re-do or update your medicals. There is only one physician, who is a panel physician, authorized by the Embassy in Lima - she will do your medical check (you have to take her the Medical Report Form with Biodata when you get it from the Embassy by email).

Then she will directly send the results to the Embassy in a few days after. IN the meantime you have to do whatever else the Embassy tells you - for example, bring your passport originals or other document originals as instructed....and drop it off to the Embassy. Then after that you have to wait I suppose.

The medical exam alone is 410 soles, plus if you need any tests they are extra.

When you get the medical report with biodata form from Embassy, it will have all the instructions. You also have to take a couple of photos with you to your medical appointment, 5mm by 5mm ( I think ).

Good luck to you,

askcanada

Mar 22, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Lima Peru
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2012
File Transfer...
22-01-2013
Med's Request
07-10-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-10-2013
Iepi said:
Here is link on this forum about the Form you are waiting/looking for: This info will help you :)

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/medical-report-form-imm-1017-t146675.0.html

askcanada

Mar 22, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Lima Peru
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2012
File Transfer...
22-01-2013
Med's Request
07-10-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-10-2013
Iepi said:
Also, read page 5 of this Medical Handbook by CIC that explains that they (usually) provide you this form to take to doctor:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/partner/pp/pdf/handbook-extract.pdf

Iepi

Jan 18, 2013
askcanada said:
I don't really understand the latter part of your question - I am answering you because you are a Lima case as well as we are.

So, I can only suggest to contact the Embassy in Lima by phone and/or email and tell them you have not received the Medical Report with Biodata to your email yet and go from there.

One more thing, the Embassy (I don't think) reports the UCI to the physician (you have to take the Medical Report form with Biodata given to you by email from the Embassy to the physician in Lima Peru to re-do or update your medicals. There is only one physician, who is a panel physician, authorized by the Embassy in Lima - she will do your medical check (you have to take her the Medical Report Form with Biodata when you get it from the Embassy by email).

Then she will directly send the results to the Embassy in a few days after. IN the meantime you have to do whatever else the Embassy tells you - for example, bring your passport originals or other document originals as instructed....and drop it off to the Embassy. Then after that you have to wait I suppose.

The medical exam alone is 410 soles, plus if you need any tests they are extra.

When you get the medical report with biodata form from Embassy, it will have all the instructions. You also have to take a couple of photos with you to your medical appointment, 5mm by 5mm ( I think ).

Good luck to you,
Thank you for answering and being so helpful in this process, i do understand that i SHOULD have brought the biodata form with me the time i re did my medicals exam, the problem is that i didn't.. I received the email asking me for undergo medicals, didn't wait for the instructions neither for the biodata form and just went to the physician to have my medical done! Later i found out by reading carefully the e-mail that i should have wait for the medicals instruction before doing any medical exam, but it was too late :( i sent a msg to the embassy telling them my situation an that no form was sebt to my e-mail so they sent it to me right away, but medicals were already done!. They generated a new UMI for my case and no other ID such a UCI wa included in the e-medicals..so i am worry about that.

Already sent an e-mail to the embassy hope they will tell me what to do and if is gonna affect in any way my process, they do not receive phone calls anymore unless you are canadian and it is an emergency but they do receive e-mails.

askcanada

Mar 22, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Lima Peru
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2012
File Transfer...
22-01-2013
Med's Request
07-10-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-10-2013
Iepi said:
Thank you for answering and being so helpful in this process, i do understand that i SHOULD have brought the biodata form with me the time i re did my medicals exam, the problem is that i didn't.. I received the email asking me for undergo medicals, didn't wait for the instructions neither for the biodata form and just went to the physician to have my medical done! Later i found out by reading carefully the e-mail that i should have wait for the medicals instruction before doing any medical exam, but it was too late :( i sent a msg to the embassy telling them my situation an that no form was sebt to my e-mail so they sent it to me right away, but medicals were already done!. They generated a new UMI for my case and no other ID such a UCI wa included in the e-medicals..so i am worry about that.

Already sent an e-mail to the embassy hope they will tell me what to do and if is gonna affect in any way my process, they do not receive phone calls anymore unless you are canadian and it is an emergency but they do receive e-mails.
I am sure the Embassy will find it. The panel physician ( I am hoping you went to her??) that did the medical tests would and should have access to these forms. Also, check on-line application status as well and see if they have updated your status (decision made and/or in process etc.,)

Iepi

Jan 18, 2013
askcanada said:
I am sure the Embassy will find it. The panel physician ( I am hoping you went to her??) that did the medical tests would and should have access to these forms. Also, check on-line application status as well and see if they have updated your status (decision made and/or in process etc.,)
Immigration had reply my email and they said they would match them when they get it, so i think it will be ok (hopefully). Did they already got your medicals? Has the status online changed because i know sometimes they don't updated until you get the final decision..

Good luck to all of us!