+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Asked for Certified Copy of Military Experience for no reason

ninoya

Feb 25, 2020
Hello, I applied for the express entry 4 months back through the CEC program. Last week they sent me request letter asking for me to provide Military Records: A certified copy of Military records. If you were exempt, please provide official proof of military exemption from the relevant authority. I have never been in the military and is quite certain I checked No for the past military experience question. Also, there are no mandatory service requirement in my home country of Bangladesh. Although I am assuming it was asked in error, wondering if anybody had any similar experiences.

shredder

Star Member
Jun 14, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
11-09-2020
LANDED..........
27-04-2022
Hi,
May I ask you what did you send to IRCC? Just LOE explaining all below?
Got the same letter for me (dependent applicant), although I have never been in the military and I'm also certain that I checked No for the past military experience question. For my country, military service is not mandatory.
Thanks!

Reactions: ABC2023

Johnson9669

Aug 11, 2023
Hello, I applied for the express entry 4 months back through the CEC program. Last week they sent me request letter asking for me to provide Military Records: A certified copy of Military records. If you were exempt, please provide official proof of military exemption from the relevant authority. I have never been in the military and is quite certain I checked No for the past military experience question. Also, there are no mandatory service requirement in my home country of Bangladesh. Although I am assuming it was asked in error, wondering if anybody had any similar experiences.
Yes they asking to my PR application the same letter and i don't know what should i do to get the exemption proof

ABC2023

Aug 6, 2023
Yes they asking to my PR application the same letter and i don't know what should i do to get the exemption proof
Hi, can you please tell me what you did? I am in the same situation. I will really appreciate your replay and help. Thank you!

ABC2023

Aug 6, 2023
Hi,
May I ask you what did you send to IRCC? Just LOE explaining all below?
Got the same letter for me (dependent applicant), although I have never been in the military and I'm also certain that I checked No for the past military experience question. For my country, military service is not mandatory.
Thanks!
Hi, can you please tell me what you did? I am in the same situation. I will really appreciate your replay and help. Thank you!

ABC2023

Aug 6, 2023

Mohs@ck

Jan 28, 2024
Hi ,
I'm in the same pool actually, never served in army or kind of organization. What you did or what Im supposed to do? Need help

No creative name

Feb 28, 2024
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
11-02-2024
We also got this request for my husband, we are contacting the military in our country for a document saying he is exempt. We have one but it is not looking official enough. Not sure if we will get something better, otherwise I will write a letter explaining and hope for the best

Mohs@ck

Jan 28, 2024
Hi,
Today I sent them a Letter of Explanation+ IMM 5546 filled with N/A. Hope that's gonna work

Ex:
Dear Sir/Madam,
I am writing to clarify my situation regarding military records in connection with my
with Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.
I would like to inform you that I have never served in the army or done any military service or have an exemption for this fact from my country of origin. In my
country, military service is compulsory only for new civil servants and not for all citizens. Given that I have never been employed as a
civil servant or held any such position or been a member of an institution
state-affiliated institution, I have not been required to perform this service etc...........

Hope that's gonna work.....

Reactions: No creative name

Mohs@ck

Jan 28, 2024
Hi,
This is what they sent today:

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and have forwarded it to the responsible office.

Rest assured that we understand how important this process is for you and we are making all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible. We will inform you once a decision is reached or if additional information is needed. Etc.....

makuca93

Oct 14, 2022
IRCC requested the same from my wife. There is no mandatory military service for women in Turkey, I dont know why they are requesting this... I am afraid I cant provide an official proof so I am planing to send an Explanation Letter. Is there anyone here who did the same and didnt have any issues before?

Mohs@ck

Jan 28, 2024
Hi,
I just sent them a Letter of Explanation+ IMM 5546 filled with N/A. And in my Account now the ADR part is updated to Not Applicable.