+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ask for help urgently: about notice of assessment for CEC

baitianer

Dec 16, 2014
I submitted my application February, 2014 under CEC. I finished medical test in 27, August, and asked to pay “Right of Permanent Residence Fee” in 28, October. I was asked to submit “T4” and “notice of assessment” before 3, Jan, 2015.

However, CRA couldn't give me notice of assessment even I mailed my tax return for year 2013, “Income Tax and Benefit Return” , on March this year. The form was likely lost in the mail process. Now I submitted on-line tax return again. Yesterday I was told it needed pre-assessment review. So I need at least 2-6 weeks to get the review done. It's impossible for me to get “notice of assessment” before 3, Jan, 2015.

I am really anxious about it. I sent an email to explain the situation to immigration office on 3, December and didn't get any feedback. I called CRA and they couldn't speed up the process for me. Could you give me some advice? I am afraid it will be rejected if I couldn't submit the NOA on time.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm assuming you haven't submitted your application yet ?

If not apply... Provide your most recent 2/3 pay stubs which will show your income to date. Includie a note explaining that you haven't yet receive your NOA but you will provide it as soon as you receive it.

I was in the same position - this worked for me.

baitianer

Dec 16, 2014
jsm0085 said:
I'm assuming you haven't submitted your application yet ?

If not apply... Provide your most recent 2/3 pay stubs which will show your income to date. Includie a note explaining that you haven't yet receive your NOA but you will provide it as soon as you receive it.

I was in the same position - this worked for me.
Thanks for the reply. I already submitted the application in February. I finished the medical exam procedure.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you provide recent pay slips / previous year t4/NOA when you submitted your application?

moksheeth7397

Star Member
Aug 23, 2014
baitianer said:
I submitted my application February, 2014 under CEC. I finished medical test in 27, August, and asked to pay “Right of Permanent Residence Fee” in 28, October. I was asked to submit “T4” and “notice of assessment” before 3, Jan, 2015.

However, CRA couldn't give me notice of assessment even I mailed my tax return for year 2013, “Income Tax and Benefit Return” , on March this year. The form was likely lost in the mail process. Now I submitted on-line tax return again. Yesterday I was told it needed pre-assessment review. So I need at least 2-6 weeks to get the review done. It's impossible for me to get “notice of assessment” before 3, Jan, 2015.

I am really anxious about it. I sent an email to explain the situation to immigration office on 3, December and didn't get any feedback. I called CRA and they couldn't speed up the process for me. Could you give me some advice? I am afraid it will be rejected if I couldn't submit the NOA on time.

I am in the some boat. They asked payStubs/NOA after RPRF. I submitted docs, waiting for feedback.

retwant

Dec 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
baitianer said:

Why did you need to submit online tax return again? Can you tell us more in details?

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
baitianer said:

you didn't submit notice of assessment of 2013 ? right ?

xhh

Mar 11, 2014
im the Feb application also, I understand that we cannot offer NOA when we submited the documents, cuz NOA will take i months to get notice. I just send NOA to CIC after I get it. I found that the checking list has been changed this year, they put T4&NOA as a CIC prefer documents, that why so many people asked for that. you can check your NOA online if you have a online account.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They are going to request it if they expect that you should have received it. Just provide the docs as soon as you receive them. Providing a note when submitting your application is helpful.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
baitianer said:

- Did you submit your T4 yet?
- Write a letter of explanation about the delay in processing your tax return. Include any correspondence you have received from the CRA that supports this. Provide a copy of the first 2 pages of your tax return (black out your SIN).

baitianer

Dec 16, 2014
moksheeth7397 said:
I am in the some boat. They asked payStubs/NOA after RPRF. I submitted docs, waiting for feedback.
When did you send NOA? I just knew It seemed I could get NOA soon. It's a great news for me.

baitianer

Dec 16, 2014
xhh said:
im the Feb application also, I understand that we cannot offer NOA when we submited the documents, cuz NOA will take i months to get notice. I just send NOA to CIC after I get it. I found that the checking list has been changed this year, they put T4&NOA as a CIC prefer documents, that why so many people asked for that. you can check your NOA online if you have a online account.
thanks a lot for hte information

baitianer

Dec 16, 2014
jes_ON said:
- Did you submit your T4 yet?
- Write a letter of explanation about the delay in processing your tax return. Include any correspondence you have received from the CRA that supports this. Provide a copy of the first 2 pages of your tax return (black out your SIN).
Thanks a lot for the suggestion. I submited my T4. The good news is that I could get NOA soon.

baitianer

Dec 16, 2014
Re: ask for help: about notice of assessment for CEC

Thanks for everyones's suggestions. I was told I could get NOA soon. I can send it to immigration office once I get it. It seems I can catch up with the deadline now.

baitianer said: