+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Asivad Anac, I am seeking for your advise!

gudman89

Dec 14, 2015
Hi Asivad Anac, I have been going through many topics in this forum and it seemed reasonable for me to ask you directly, as you have done an incredible work, helping others. I have the next situation - Applied to EE in October 2015, received an ITA in January by FSW program. Unfortunately, in a couple of weeks after I got my ITA, my Company had a massive lay off. About 40 people were terminated, and provided with compensation including myself. My question is how will it affect my application and how do I notify CIC about such changes? I am applying based on 12 months experience I already had had with that Company.

Appreciate your time and answer in advance! Critically need help and advise for this situation

r1ley

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
gudman89 said:
Hi Asivad Anac, I have been going through many topics in this forum and it seemed reasonable for me to ask you directly, as you have done an incredible work, helping others. I have the next situation - Applied to EE in October 2015, received an ITA in January by FSW program. Unfortunately, in a couple of weeks after I got my ITA, my Company had a massive lay off. About 40 people were terminated, and provided with compensation including myself. My question is how will it affect my application and how do I notify CIC about such changes? I am applying based on 12 months experience I already had had with that Company.

Appreciate your time and answer in advance! Critically need help and advise for this situation
As long as you still have the required minimum funds for settlement in Canada and this loss in employment does not significantly reduce your FSW points (arranged employment points), you should be fine. Just update cic about this change and they will recalculate your points to make sure you still meet the FSW requirements. As long as your score is equal or greater that 67, you will be fine. All the best to you. Hopefully Asivad Anec can elaborate some more.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gudman89 said:
Thank you r1ley! How do I notify CIC if I may ask?
If this job wasn't either supported by an LMIA or critical to your PN (in case you have one), you don't have to inform CIC about losing it.

gudman89

Dec 14, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
If this job wasn't either supported by an LMIA or critical to your PN (in case you have one), you don't have to inform CIC about losing it.
Thank you Asivad Anac! Appreciate a lot