+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

As replied by Scylla: WORK PERMIT VISA FOR 3 YEARS

Aug 19, 2012
Dear Scylla,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I understand that it would indeed be difficult to get a tourist visa for 3 years. However, as we have no intentions of staying long term in Canada (As demonstrated by family ties as well as residential property in India), would it be possible for my relatives, domiciled in and having a citizenship of Canada, to file some sort of sponsorships (Expenses may be borne by me), to enable her a longer visa?

judylopez

Aug 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
where are your relatives currently living in Canada?

What is the relationship are they to you? (ie. uncle?, aunt?, cousin?)

Uncle/Aunt = sibling of your mother or father
Cousin = child of your uncle or Aunt

I just want to clarify the relationship, because so many Indians use the word "uncle", but it is not real uncle as Immigration Canada defines it. haha :)

what kind of work are you doing in India now? Have you ever been to Canada before?

Aug 19, 2012
Dear Judy,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I am being relocated by my current employer in India to Canada. By relatives, I would include my maternal uncle, maternal aunt, maternal grandfather and maternal grandmother (Both uncle and aunt being citizens) In such a case, would it be possible for them to sponsor my mother, either initially, while accompanying me, or later, while applying for the extension in the tourist visa, as is issued?

judylopez

Aug 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh...you are being relocated by your company.....

1. Where in Canada is their branch office?

2. What is your work/occupation?