+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

As per this link we cant apply and leave canada to get PR Card.

Ordinary

Feb 18, 2015
As per this link we cant apply and leave canada to get PR Card. We should be present in canada while processing of PR Card goes on

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5445ETOC.asp#5445E2

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Ordinary said:
As per this link we cant apply and leave canada to get PR Card. We should be present in canada while processing of PR Card goes on

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5445ETOC.asp#5445E2
Incorrect.

That application isn't even used by new immigrants. New immigrants don't have to fill out a PR card application. Their cards are generated automatically as part of the landing process (no separate PR application is required). There are some rare circumstances under which this application must be used for new immigrants - but again, the vast majority do not complete this application.

There are many (many many) people on this forum who have not been present while their first PR cards were processed and their PR card were still processed successfully. Please don't tell people they have to be in Canada. This information is completely false.

Ordinary

Feb 18, 2015
@scylla

Can you please post link which proves that what you saying(following para) is right?

"New immigrants don't have to fill out a PR card application. Their cards are generated automatically as part of the landing process (no separate PR application is required)."

Also previous link posted by me clearly says following:

"Who may use this application

This application is for permanent residents within Canada who would like to apply for:

an initial (first) PR Card
a renewal of a PR Card that has or will soon expire
a replacement of a PR Card that has been lost, stolen or damaged"

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Ordinary said:
@ scylla

Can you please post link which proves that what you saying(following para) is right?

"New immigrants don't have to fill out a PR card application. Their cards are generated automatically as part of the landing process (no separate PR application is required)."

Also previous link posted by me clearly says following:

"Who may use this application

This application is for permanent residents within Canada who would like to apply for:

an initial (first) PR Card
a renewal of a PR Card that has or will soon expire
a replacement of a PR Card that has been lost, stolen or damaged"
1. Re-read the quote, specifically permanent residents within Canada new Immigrants "landing" are not in Canada.

infomaniac

Apr 23, 2016
scylla said:
Incorrect.

That application isn't even used by new immigrants. New immigrants don't have to fill out a PR card application. Their cards are generated automatically as part of the landing process (no separate PR application is required). There are some rare circumstances under which this application must be used for new immigrants - but again, the vast majority do not complete this application.

There are many (many many) people on this forum who have not been present while their first PR cards were processed and their PR card were still processed successfully. Please don't tell people they have to be in Canada. This information is completely false.
Hi Scylla,

Could you please advise how I can go about doing this.. If I give my friend's address for the PR card to be delivered and leave Canada, can I get the PR card couriered to me (outside Canada) once its delivered to my friend or get it through a friend travelling to my country? Is that Legal? Would I be able to use the PR card to re-enter Canada or would I have to apply for a PR Travel Document anyways?

Thanks in advance!

Prats6

Aug 31, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
4th April 2017
Med's Done....
Upfront
infomaniac said:
Hi Scylla,

Could you please advise how I can go about doing this.. If I give my friend's address for the PR card to be delivered and leave Canada, can I get the PR card couriered to me (outside Canada) once its delivered to my friend or get it through a friend travelling to my country? Is that Legal? Would I be able to use the PR card to re-enter Canada or would I have to apply for a PR Travel Document anyways?

Thanks in advance!
It is completely legal. You can get it couriered to your address outside Canada and use it to enter Canada. Else you would need to apply for PRTD. Search on the forum there are a lot of replies.

infomaniac

Apr 23, 2016
Prats6 said:
It is completely legal. You can get it couriered to your address outside Canada and use it to enter Canada. Else you would need to apply for PRTD. Search on the forum there are a lot of replies.
Thanks for the info! Would it be illegal to return to canada using my PR card in case i get it through a friend??