+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

As justin trudea promised extra crs points will it happen?

vicksandhu

Aug 11, 2012
Justin trudeau promised that Applicants with canadian siblings will be awarded extra points under express entry. Will that happen and is it true ? Because my real brother is permanent resident of canada. It can fetch me some points as i am already qualified under CEC,FSW and in next 7 months i will be eligible under Federal Trades Program as well.

Creon

Aug 28, 2015
your guess is as good as mine. but moves such as this may require budget, and new policies take effect once budget is approved. perhaps next year, but may not necessarily be this year.

taffarel

Jul 13, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vicksandhu said:
Justin trudeau promised that Applicants with canadian siblings will be awarded extra points under express entry. Will that happen and is it true ? Because my real brother is permanent resident of canada. It can fetch me some points as i am already qualified under CEC,FSW and in next 7 months i will be eligible under Federal Trades Program as well.
Lets wait and see. Most likely changes will be made, but don't except them immediately.

yelena

May 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am hoping they will discontinue another unfair practise; people that are married are awarded much less points then singles. I am talking a lot of points, in my case 26 points to be exact. so unles your spouse has top marks in language, highest level of education and a lot of experiance, your position is really bad.

Any changes that will be made will most likely happen a while from now..

quarko

Star Member
May 23, 2015
yelena said:
I am hoping they will discontinue another unfair practise; people that are married are awarded much less points then singles. I am talking a lot of points, in my case 26 points to be exact. so unles your spouse has top marks in language, highest level of education and a lot of experiance, your position is really bad.

Well, actually I believe this is quite fair. They are allowing you to get 2 PRs for the cost and hassle of one, they are also allowing the second person be not qualified for EE at all (low english marks, low education, etc.) as long as primary applicant has mere ~20 additional points to cover the lack of skills of secondary applicant. And now you are saying that's unfair and that second applicant should just come in and get his PR for free?

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
yelena said:

there are all chances they reduce the important of English level. that's a worst thing for me ( i might decrease points), but than its unfair for those with good education. After all it cant be IELTS oriented immigration. if that is the case those who get clB 9 give ITA why this express entry pool. just tie up with IELTS.

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bestofluck said:
there are all chances they reduce the important of English level. that's a worst thing for me ( i might decrease points), but than its unfair for those with good education. After all it cant be IELTS oriented immigration. if that is the case those who get clB 9 give ITA why this express entry pool. just tie up with IELTS.
Doubt it.
To be able to live and work in a country you do need to be able to communicate in the language(s) spoken there. If you're weak in English, maybe try French?

yelena

May 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
quarko said:
Well, actually I believe this is quite fair. They are allowing you to get 2 PRs for the cost and hassle of one, they are also allowing the second person be not qualified for EE at all (low english marks, low education, etc.) as long as primary applicant has mere ~20 additional points to cover the lack of skills of secondary applicant. And now you are saying that's unfair and that second applicant should just come in and get his PR for free?
Well, according to your logic they should discontinue spousal sponsorship and familly classes all together? As at the moment, those classes are also getting in for free - as you are saying?
New goverment is all about familly unification, so I think they will at some point adress this issue