+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Are you using a different passport for this application than the one you used to get your U.S. nonimmigrant visa? My wife mistakenly wrote No.

Oct 13, 2024
In the new IRCC portal, when it asked "Are you using a different passport for this application than the one you used to get your U.S. nonimmigrant visa? "

My wife mistakenly wrote No instead of Yes, but she is indeed using a different passport than the one she got her US visa.

We have already applied and paid for the application, what should we do now?

Raise an web form ? or what else can we do, does this will decrease the chance of getting the visa? She had Can+ eligibility. She traveled Canada in last 10 years, and has a Valid US visa on her previous passport.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2024
raise a web form only. Its not mandatory that if you have a US visa or traveled to canada in last 10 years to be considered CAN+. can+ is officer discretion to consider it or not.
Thank you for replying.

I actually saw this in her application summary after submitting it and showed her. We did multiple revision before submitting, but none of us noticed it.

Now what would be the best course of action for her? She submitted the old passport copy in which she has the US visa as additional documents. Would it be good idea to raise a web form? I saw someone saying it can cause refusal. We are really confused.

Last edited:

albloshi_sa

Jul 28, 2019
1. raise web form
2. attach explanation letter + old passport + visa
3. in explanation letter write down, that we did ABC mistake, and the case is XYZ and attached is the reference copies of our claim.

This web form will be attached to your application and will be available to the officer when s/he will open your file.

albloshi_sa

Jul 28, 2019
the web form is just adding documents/explanations to your existing application..
This has nothing to do with the decision of the application. So , The web form wont' cause a refusal right.

Reactions: Sheehab Muhammad