+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Are international students who applied directly for the Winter 2021 intake getting AIP letters?

jmbits

Oct 19, 2020
So I applied on Aug 21, 2020 for the January intake. Received the biometrics request exactly 24 hours later, I haven't being able to do provide them because the VAC in my country is closed. Received request for medical on September 13. The exams were submitted on September 22. After that, I have received nothing. I can go to another country to provide the biometrics, but it is quite a long a difficult trip as all borders are closed. If I will get an AIP, then it will not matter as I can simply provide the biometrics eventually, but am I elegible to get it? This is how my profile looks like:
Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
  • September 22, 2020 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • We have not received your fingerprints. Check your biometrics request message below for details.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Adeti

Star Member
Oct 13, 2020
Yes i got an aip
Submitted 4th september
Medical passed 17th september
AIP 18 september
Biometrics 29th september

azzamkc

Apr 2, 2019
Oman
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
Yes i got an aip
Submitted 4th september
Medical passed 17th september
AIP 18 september
Biometrics 29th september
Hi Adeti... Does your AIP letter specifically say something to the effect of "to international students
who have not yet been able to provide all the required documents or information needed to have
their application fully assessed in time for the winter semester."?

The key word being Winter as opposed to Fall. I am curious to find out if there is a new set of AIP letters being issued for Winter students now.

Adeti

Star Member
Oct 13, 2020
Hi Adeti... Does your AIP letter specifically say something to the effect of "to international students
who have not yet been able to provide all the required documents or information needed to have
their application fully assessed in time for the winter semester."?

The key word being Winter as opposed to Fall. I am curious to find out if there is a new set of AIP letters being issued for Winter students now.
No it says fall semester

akara

May 20, 2020
So I applied on Aug 21, 2020 for the January intake. Received the biometrics request exactly 24 hours later, I haven't being able to do provide them because the VAC in my country is closed. Received request for medical on September 13. The exams were submitted on September 22. After that, I have received nothing. I can go to another country to provide the biometrics, but it is quite a long a difficult trip as all borders are closed. If I will get an AIP, then it will not matter as I can simply provide the biometrics eventually, but am I elegible to get it? This is how my profile looks like:
Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
  • September 22, 2020 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • We have not received your fingerprints. Check your biometrics request message below for details.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
You got you mediacal request before submitting your biometrics?