+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ARC request and what options they have?

sfrade79

Jan 2, 2019
Hello everyone,

I am trying to help 2 friends of mine who applied for asylum but were denied because the proofs presented were not strong enough and ultimately, they were given the opportunity to apply for PPRA which they were found not at risk because, once again, their proofs were not strong enough. They were sent back to their country and the officer who accompanied them to the airport told them they could apply for ARC after 1 year. I would love to be able to help them because they cannot afford a lawyer and after their refugee process they are a bit skeptical to get one.
In your understanding, what would be their best option to be given PR and ARC accepted? Start a business would be a valid motive to have PR application considered and ARC accepted? I would appreciate very much any advice you can give to us.

God bless you all and wish you a lovely day!

Last edited:

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
Hello everyone,

I am trying to help 2 friends of mine who applied for PR as refugees but were denied because the proofs presented were not strong enough and ultimately, they were given the opportunity to apply for PPRA which they were found not at risk because, once again, their proofs were not strong enough. They were sent back to their country and the officer who accompanied them to the airport told them they could apply for ARC after 1 year. I would love to be able to help them because they cannot afford a lawyer and after their refugee process they are a bit skeptical to get one.
In your understanding, what would be their best option to be given PR and ARC accepted? Start a business would be a valid motive to have PR application considered and ARC accepted? I would appreciate very much any advice you can give to us.

They passed the hearing, they have been found protected person/convention refugee and applied for pr then their pr application rejected?

Reactions: sfrade79

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone,

I am trying to help 2 friends of mine who applied for PR as refugees but were denied because the proofs presented were not strong enough and ultimately, they were given the opportunity to apply for PPRA which they were found not at risk because, once again, their proofs were not strong enough. They were sent back to their country and the officer who accompanied them to the airport told them they could apply for ARC after 1 year. I would love to be able to help them because they cannot afford a lawyer and after their refugee process they are a bit skeptical to get one.

How are they planning on applying for PR? Through which economic immigration program? This is what they need to determine first and also make sure they can qualify and be selected.

sfrade79

Jan 2, 2019
How are they planning on applying for PR? Through which economic immigration program? This is what they need to determine first and also make sure they can qualify and be selected.
I would love to have that answer, but I am also trying to figure it out what would be the best program for them under their circumstances.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
That's what I am trying to figure it out.. under their circumstances, what would be their best option? Can they apply for asylum a second time?
They need an ARC and then need to get approved for a TRV. Chances of them getting TRV are low given they claimed asylum. So they need to focus on immigration. Claiming asylum again with a failed attempt and deported is not an option.

Are they registered refugees or asylum seekers? Were they returned to country of citizenship?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
That's what I am trying to figure it out.. under their circumstances, what would be their best option? Can they apply for asylum a second time?
A TRV is not going to be approved so asylum isn't going to be an option. They need to apply for PR under one of the economic immigration programs and then once PR is approved, they will be able to move to Canada. So next step is for them to reach the economic immigration programs to see what it takes to qualify and apply.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
If they are outside, they need to be recognized as refugees by UN.
Then maybe they can be sponsored via group of 5 or something along that line. They cannot apply for asylum outside of Canada.

sfrade79

Jan 2, 2019
They need an ARC and then need to get approved for a TRV. Chances of them getting TRV are low given they claimed asylum. So they need to focus on immigration. Claiming asylum again with a failed attempt and deported is not an option.

Are they registered refugees or asylum seekers? Were they returned to country of citizenship?
Yes, they did return to their country

sfrade79

Jan 2, 2019
So they need to look at immigration programs based on their age, education, language, skills and funds.
I had a quick look at economic immigration programs and I don't think they fit any of their programs. They are just ordinary people, with ordinary jobs