+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

APRIL 2018 CEC applicants Lets connect here!!

SHRIK

Jun 11, 2018
Hi, you can look at my notes here: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/april-2018-aor-join-here.552109/page-237#post-7081004
In my case eligibility review was not required and my Eligibility was passed on 26 May. Where I am stuck atm is the Background Check., which has been ongoing since over 2+ months...

Have you claimed 50 points for arrangement employment? If yes what documents have you provided to support this ?
Oh, that's different then. I will go through your notes a little later.
Yes, I have claimed the 50 points. I have attached my work permit, employment offer letter, a reference letter from my organization stating the duration I have been working with them, salary, desgination, job roles and duties. Even I missed out on adding the part where they confirm that the offer is valid for a year. The Case analyst noted that my work permit is valid till Jan 2019 and that I had WP extensions earlier too. But he asked the Case officer to review Eligibility. So, fingers crossed :| :|

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Oh, that's different then. I will go through your notes a little later.
Yes, I have claimed the 50 points. I have attached my work permit, employment offer letter, a reference letter from my organization stating the duration I have been working with them, salary, desgination, job roles and duties. Even I missed out on adding the part where they confirm that the offer is valid for a year. The Case analyst noted that my work permit is valid till Jan 2019 and that I had WP extensions earlier too. But he asked the Case officer to review Eligibility. So, fingers crossed :| :|
as I read your msg, you should be fine imho once the officer reviews it...
Does your employment offer letter say any end date ?

Last edited:

SHRIK

Jun 11, 2018
as I read your msg, you should be fine imho once the officer reviews it...

Does your employment offer letter say any end date ?
Hope your words come true man. The wait has been excruciating to say the least.
No, no end date on it. Hopefully that's a good thing.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hope your words come true man. The wait has been excruciating to say the least.
No, no end date on it. Hopefully that's a good thing.
In my case, there was no wording ever mentioned about 1 year employment post the PR... Since mine is a local contract and the employment offer does not have end date to it, I guess that is what something the officer was OK with...

Last edited:

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
lols.. I too have extensive travel history for work. Extensive work experience in different countries seems like a curse now :)

CIC VOs are humans and professionals, so if there is reasonable logic that your job offer is valid, they won't mind the exact wordings.

There is a lot of FUD in forums and watsapp groups. Its upto individuals to sift thru these FUDs and think clearly.
Hi there, whats the status on your application?