+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2018 AOR - join here

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
I see. That’s interesting information, thank you. Will they have assigned a VO by this stage ? Views ?
I’ll call them on Monday, hopefully they’ll have some updates for me. Although, based on my last experience with them, agents don’t seem very helpful.
I think so.....Immediately an application is submitted, the CIO checks for completeness and then proceeds with R10 (if am not mistaking). Then the file is sent to an office (LVO) after MEP based on the applicants location. If the applicant is already in Canada, they will send it to any of their offices that handle PR applications. Like we are seeing lately, they process applications in Calgary too. So, yes, it should definitely be with a VO. But we don't know how efficient the VO handling each applicants file is. It is only when PPR is received that the timeline will be used to access the effectiveness of the VO that treated each case.

Reactions: Emmemm07

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
Mine is April 17,2018 AOR CEC
Medical passed:april 23
And no update since
Background check: your application is in process, we will message you when we start your background check.

But when i call CIC, was told that my application is at CPC ottawa.
It really confuses me. Someone said your application gets transfered to CPC once its in final stage. Really confusing. Please help understand this.
Your file might be at CPC maybe because its at the final stage of processing. Also, it could be that it was sent to be processed there. We don't know. All am sure is that CIC's work module is highly classified and nobody can boost of a gospel information about the whole CIC process.

Just be positive......it could be you are actually at the end. Congratulations!!!

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
Did you ask or did they mention to you anything about the Eligibility part?

If BGC has not started yet, probably you are still in the IP1 stage. CPC O is also like a typical CIC office which can process applications in the early stages.

Mine and Ajeet’s application is being processed through the Calgary office, read another forum members application is being processed at Etobicoke CIC office
Bimale4bipeople, I believe we all here have talked about this IP1 or IP2 stuff. Its just a mere update and doesn't hold water using it to ascertain an applicants progress anymore. Nothing stops an agent to send an applicants information over to CSIS for criminality and security checks while still doing other checks CIC does internally.

Based on previous posts, seems you have so much interest in BGC!!! Would actually will like to know..........

Neha255

May 22, 2018
I glanced over your recent posts you seem to be a CEC inland applicant and going by the recent trend(as of last week) you should complete your BGC soon (if they are no red flags). Wish you all the best and speedy processing

Yes i am inland applicant, you mentioned as of last week, was there any recent update from cic about their processing time for inland applications? Thank u so much for the wishes n your responses

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Yes i am inland applicant, you mentioned as of last week, was there any recent update from cic about their processing time for inland applications? Thank u so much for the wishes n your responses
If you see the April’18 IMM tracker there are a few CEC applicants who have started receiving PPR requests, that’s what I was referring too.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Bimale4bipeople, I believe we all here have talked about this IP1 or IP2 stuff. Its just a mere update and doesn't hold water using it to ascertain an applicants progress anymore. Nothing stops an agent to send an applicants information over to CSIS for criminality and security checks while still doing other checks CIC does internally.

Based on previous posts, seems you have so much interest in BGC!!! Would actually will like to know..........
Plz ask your God about, I ain’t gonna waste my time providing any further reply to you.

jp.verma85

Dec 20, 2017
hi friends..

my case is AOR 11th April, 2018
Med/IP1 19th April
IP2 16th May

I had called CIC before IP2 one month back and was told that the R10 was completed and eligibility check was being done..file was in Ottawa

Now I called by 25th May and was told that the security, criminality checks were complete and eligibility check was being done.. file is in Ottawa.

I am a bit confused as per my understanding, the eligibility check is done before security/criminality.. could it be like the file is under final review? if any one has come across similar thing? thanks

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
Plz ask your God about, I ain’t gonna waste my time providing any further reply to you.
Now I see why some persons in this forum have issues with you......"Plz ask your God about". Well I don't need to drag feet with you as it defeats the purpose of this thread.

All you just need to know is that you need to be a bit flexible.......That you learnt of IP1/IP2 doesn't mean the path wouldn't change. A CIC officer might not update an applicants profile and the person will get PPR from MEP/IP1 but you always will want to spell out IP1 before IP2/BGC.

Try loosen up.........follow the dynamics..........it will help you even after this PR process!!

Last edited:

Emmemm07

Jan 24, 2018
I think so.....Immediately an application is submitted, the CIO checks for completeness and then proceeds with R10 (if am not mistaking). Then the file is sent to an office (LVO) after MEP based on the applicants location. If the applicant is already in Canada, they will send it to any of their offices that handle PR applications. Like we are seeing lately, they process applications in Calgary too. So, yes, it should definitely be with a VO. But we don't know how efficient the VO handling each applicants file is. It is only when PPR is received that the timeline will be used to access the effectiveness of the VO that treated each case.
I reside in Delhi. Will my VO be NDVO?
It may sound like a noob question, I know

Last edited:

strikeharsh

Apr 6, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
hi friends..

my case is AOR 11th April, 2018
Med/IP1 19th April
IP2 16th May

I had called CIC before IP2 one month back and was told that the R10 was completed and eligibility check was being done..file was in Ottawa

Now I called by 25th May and was told that the security, criminality checks were complete and eligibility check was being done.. file is in Ottawa.

I am a bit confused as per my understanding, the eligibility check is done before security/criminality.. could it be like the file is under final review? if any one has come across similar thing? thanks
Don’t be confused. At least treat it as good news man. As long as everything is set, you will be placed in queue to be final reviewed. U won’t be long until ppr. Have some coffee and you will receive good news next week

Reactions: jp.verma85

strikeharsh

Apr 6, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
what interview they ask ? any ideas and i now in new brunswick .. still will they call for interview ?
Oh, I thought etobicoke office only has interview. If u in NS, I don’t think you need to come to etobicoke for interview. I’m in Toronto. A lot of people go to etobicoke is because of interviews. Including recent EE CEC applicants living in Toronto have recieced interview requirement, which interview itself is a landing procedure

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
I reside in Delhi. Will my VO be NDVO?
It may sound like a noob question, I know
It is very healthy to ask questions......so you are fine. To answer your question, this is what I have to say: In as much as LVO are based on applicants location, an agent at the CIO determines where a file is processed based on workload. Having said that, your file might be processed in ND as that is where almost 90% of applications from your location goes. However, it might actually be in Canada if the CIO agent feels that ND officers have reached their maximum workload.
Simply put.....GCMS or a call to the CIC will tell you exactly where your file is.

Reactions: Emmemm07

Emmemm07

Jan 24, 2018
It is very healthy to ask questions......so you are fine. To answer your question, this is what I have to say: In as much as LVO are based on applicants location, an agent at the CIO determines where a file is processed based on workload. Having said that, your file might be processed in ND as that is where almost 90% of applications from your location goes. However, it might actually be in Canada if the CIO agent feels that ND officers have reached their maximum workload.
Simply put.....GCMS or a call to the CIC will tell you exactly where your file is.
Thank you ! :) I’ll do that.