+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2018 AOR - join here

Ro1985ko

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
I’m inland my straight Ip2 is before MEP. I agree with you
also what about 31500 ITA to apply in only 5 months??!! last year there were 35973 ITA spread in 12 months.
Do you guys really think they are slowing down or they can afford slowly processing applications??

Emmemm07

Jan 24, 2018
Today another FSW-O candidate with Spouse got PPR mail. March 6th AOR. RPRF paid on 18th March.

Direct PPR mail from IP1. No other changes. Seems it doesn't matter regarding stages. Total 77 days.
Another FSW - O candidate (from India, AOR date early April) got PPR in 43 days. Went straight from IP1 to PPR! This gives me hope!!

Reactions: sbdiuo

strikeharsh

Apr 6, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
also what about 31500 ITA to apply in only 5 months??!! last year there were 35973 ITA spread in 12 months.
Do you guys really think they are slowing down or they can afford slowly processing applications??
Wait a min. Isn’t last year total ita 72k?

ajeet.ims

Star Member
Jul 3, 2017
Canada
Does anyone know if BGC is also done when we apply for a work permit?
If yes, should that make the processing faster when same applicant applies for PR as they already have the BGC reports?

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
If yes, should that make the processing faster when same applicant applies for PR as they already have the BGC reports?
I have had the WP process done but couple of years ago. It took over 4 months to process applied in the system end of Aug and was approved mid of Jan the following year. So I think they do the BGC along with other aspects eg job is valid or not etc

Ro1985ko

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
If yes, should that make the processing faster when the same applicant applies for PR as they already have the BGC reports?
supposedly yes, but again, I have been on a student visa in Canada for 3 years and then a postgraduate work permit, without counting visitor visa extensions in between, every time police certificates etc. every time visa approved with no issues at all.
what I am trying to say is that they know me very well because I have a history here but when it comes to PR, it doesn't count and you have to send again all the documents and the process restarts again.

write2rtd

Apr 4, 2016
Canada
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
28-02-2018
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
Med's Request
04-04-2019
Med's Done....
16-04-2019
Passport Req..
18-04-2019
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2019
LANDED..........
30-05-2019
BGC is check is done for WP also and WP also goes through similar stages as for the PR application however, that was pretty faster.
As I had said, I got mine in Feb 2018 and am waiting for my PR though PNP PR (paper based).

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Thanks for the response guys. So basically, being a CEC inland doesn't help much in terms of BGC.
I am in same ship as you are mate, being CEC or FSW-I does not really quicken your application tbh. There are number of underlying factor in the PR process e.g. travel history(which may have changed since the time you would have moved here...), your work reference letters, job offers(if you are claiming points for it), current PCCs etc.

So bottom line they "may" treat your PR application as a brand new one(that they will connect the dots based on your circumstances)...

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
Atleast I dont ask questions like you : What do you think led to this quick approval?... as if the applicant will have the answers
Smh.....if you gave these responses, what was the basis of your argument in the first place? Anyways, I am glad you get the point.....What we see in our process does not necessarily mean the application is stock there. BG can be done anytime (IP1/IP2)!!!

Good luck to all.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Smh.....if you gave these responses, what was the basis of your argument in the first place? Anyways, I am glad you get the point.....What we see in our process does not necessarily mean the application is stock there. BG can be done anytime (IP1/IP2)!!!

Good luck to all.
I still did not get your question though : How would an applicant know why his application got processed faster :)

God Speed all.