+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***APRIL 2017***SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

azeemguy

Jul 29, 2012
Folks, sent my application last week on April 13. Now preparing for ahead.

Question, in addition to preparing IMM 5669 Schedule A, should I apply for Police Clearances right now or wait until I get the AOR1 ? I did get both police check done from FBI and Local police for my wife and daughter but got them like almost 6 months ago so I am afraid that I might need to get new ones.

canadiantica15

Sep 14, 2016
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-04-2017
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
File Transfer...
24-05-2017
Med's Request
06-06-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2017
LANDED..........
15-12-2017
azeemguy said:
Folks, sent my application last week on April 13. Now preparing for ahead.

Question, in addition to preparing IMM 5669 Schedule A, should I apply for Police Clearances right now or wait until I get the AOR1 ? I did get both police check done from FBI and Local police for my wife and daughter but got them like almost 6 months ago so I am afraid that I might need to get new ones.
Our application and FBI police certificate was received within the 6 month frame as we submitted up front. However, the validity of it expires in May so my partner went ahead and submitted fingerprints for a new one in case they ask for it down the road. For your own peace of mind I would go ahead and apply for new ones now if you are unable to go through a channeler.

azeemguy

Jul 29, 2012
canadiantica15 said:
Our application and FBI police certificate was received within the 6 month frame as we submitted up front. However, the validity of it expires in May so my partner went ahead and submitted fingerprints for a new one in case they ask for it down the road. For your own peace of mind I would go ahead and apply for new ones now if you are unable to go through a channeler.
Thanks. Do you know how old Police clearances can be ?

preity

Jun 25, 2012
Visa Office......
Mississauga/NVDO
I will soon be sending mine. I had a question about Country specific form- Supplementary Travel information. In the section for spouse, I should be filling my husband/wife's travel info who also happens to be my sponsor. Is that right?

ness12

Oct 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 5, 2017
AOR Received.
Waiting
preity said:
I will soon be sending mine. I had a question about Country specific form- Supplementary Travel information. In the section for spouse, I should be filling my husband/wife's travel info who also happens to be my sponsor. Is that right?
Please read the instructions again. I believe it should be the principal applicant for the sponsor had a record already to the immigration when they become permanent resident or if they are citizen of this country. Hope this one will help

canadiantica15

Sep 14, 2016
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-04-2017
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
File Transfer...
24-05-2017
Med's Request
06-06-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2017
LANDED..........
15-12-2017
azeemguy said:
Thanks. Do you know how old Police clearances can be ?
If you need a police certificate from a country or territory and:

- are currently living there, or received the police certificate before leaving, the police certificate must be issued within six months before you apply.

- have lived there in the past, the police certificate must be issued after you last lived in that country or territory.

preity

Jun 25, 2012
Visa Office......
Mississauga/NVDO
The instructions say the principal applicant must finish the form. However, there are two sections for travel info a) You and b) Your spouse or common law partner.

So I assume section b) will have to be the spouse who is also the sponsor. Correct?

NewWorld

Star Member
Oct 11, 2014
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisuaga
App. Filed.......
15-06-2017
AOR Received.
28-07-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
29-07-2017
Med's Done....
01-08-2017
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hello Friends,

I am a newbie here... I am preparing my application and while filling out the forms I am stuck at one question or say two.

Sponsor Relationship Questionnaire

PART -A, Question-3 : Other financially dependent

Can I mention here about my parents ? I mean is it a good idea if I mention about them ? Will that have any negative effect on my spouse application ?

Part - C
fyi. I got married in Feb and I returned in March.

Q-3 - Are you living together now ? I answered it as NO.
Q-4 - If you are not living together now, have you visited each other during your relationship ? - What should I answer here ?

Since I stayed with my wife for almost 1 month so do I have to write Yes and have to mention about my visits to her house and her visit to my house from the day we met and post marriage visits.

Or I have to mention NO

I am really confused about these questions and how to answer them.

Thanks in Advance.

preity

Jun 25, 2012
Visa Office......
Mississauga/NVDO
canadiantica15 said:
If you need a police certificate from a country or territory and:

- are currently living there, or received the police certificate before leaving, the police certificate must be issued within six months before you apply.

- have lived there in the past, the police certificate must be issued after you last lived in that country or territory.
Would CIC ask for a new FBI clearance even if I left US 3 months after the clearance was issued? My FBI clearance is from Sept 2016 and I left US in Dec 2016.

azeemguy

Jul 29, 2012
NewWorld said:
Hello Friends,

I am a newbie here... I am preparing my application and while filling out the forms I am stuck at one question or say two.

Sponsor Relationship Questionnaire

Can I mention here about my parents ? I mean is it a good idea if I mention about them ? Will that have any negative effect on my spouse application ?

Part - C

Q-4 - If you are not living together now, have you visited each other during your relationship ? - What should I answer here ?

Since I stayed with my wife for almost 1 month so do I have to write Yes and have to mention about my visits to her house and her visit to my house from the day we met and post marriage visits.

Or I have to mention NO

I am really confused about these questions and how to answer them.

Thanks in Advance.

I was confused about this too but in my understanding you have to mention ANYBODY whom you have previously sponsored or whom you include in your tax return.

Part - C

You have to answer YES then list your travel history. Also make sure to include your travel details in the proof of relationship as per checklist 5533. Hope that helps.

jaski

Star Member
May 7, 2012
Any AOR GUYS !!!!!

Hey guys, did anybody received AOR so far, Some people did apply in the starting of the month ??

canadiantica15

Sep 14, 2016
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-04-2017
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
File Transfer...
24-05-2017
Med's Request
06-06-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2017
LANDED..........
15-12-2017
preity said:
Would CIC ask for a new FBI clearance even if I left US 3 months after the clearance was issued? My FBI clearance is from Sept 2016 and I left US in Dec 2016.
That would fall under the category of receiving the police certificate before leaving so it must be issued within 6 months before applying. Don't quote me though, they still may accept it. To be on the safe side I would work on getting another one in the event they ask you for another one. When did you submit your application?

preity

Jun 25, 2012
Visa Office......
Mississauga/NVDO
canadiantica15 said:
That would fall under the category of receiving the police certificate before leaving so it must be issued within 6 months before applying. Don't quote me though, they still may accept it. To be on the safe side I would work on getting another one in the event they ask you for another one. When did you submit your application?
Thanks. I applied in Feb and it was sent back for a missing option C. I will resend it soon and also apply for a new FBI clearance.

shareview

Jun 6, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
31-03-2017
Nomination.....
Not Required
AOR Received.
21-04-2017
IELTS Request
Not Required
File Transfer...
30-05-2017
Med's Request
26-04-2017
Med's Done....
11-05-2017
Interview........
Waived off as per gcms notes
Passport Req..
04-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
14-09-2017
LANDED..........
27-09-2017
preity said:
Thanks. I applied in Feb and it was sent back for a missing option C. I will resend it soon and also apply for a new FBI clearance.
How long it took for return?

NewWorld

Star Member
Oct 11, 2014
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisuaga
App. Filed.......
15-06-2017
AOR Received.
28-07-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
29-07-2017
Med's Done....
01-08-2017
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
azeemguy said:

I was confused about this too but in my understanding you have to mention ANYBODY whom you have previously sponsored or whom you include in your tax return.

Part - C

You have to answer YES then list your travel history. Also make sure to include your travel details in the proof of relationship as per checklist 5533. Hope that helps.
Hello Friend,

thanks for the reply..

I have not yet applied PR for my parents... they are still back in my home country.. so there is actual confusion arises that when I will apply in future for PR for them.. then will that affect this question.. if I mention that they are NOT dependent financially on me and in future when I apply for them and in that there might be a such question and I have to answer it as YES they are financially dependent....

Thanks for the answer to 2nd question.. I have travel proofs...