File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
13.12.2011(with PC request), submitted in 2nd week of january 2012
VISA ISSUED...
31.01.2012( in hand)
LANDED..........
1st March 2012
today by mail I received the test invitation letter for 28th of October. ;D. since morning my status is showing the extra line for the test.

hep

Oct 25, 2011
Very Strange situation: Applied for Citizenship on April 21 .... have not received anything yet. Also, online shows nothing. Not even acknowledgement. Anyone applied experienced something similar? Do I just keep waiting or do something, what??

suva

May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
13.12.2011(with PC request), submitted in 2nd week of january 2012
VISA ISSUED...
31.01.2012( in hand)
LANDED..........
1st March 2012
hep said:
Very Strange situation: Applied for Citizenship on April 21 .... have not received anything yet. Also, online shows nothing. Not even acknowledgement. Anyone applied experienced something similar? Do I just keep waiting or do something, what??
call them up. explain them everything. thats the only thing you should do this time.

titaniom89

Star Member
Dec 21, 2009
Hello Everyone,

Here is my timeline:
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 27, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 8, 2015.
We started processing your application on July 16, 2015.
We sent you a notice on October 8, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on October 28, 2015 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us

Can someone let me know where I can find some sample questions that I could use for the Citizenship Exam?

BTW, I am from Calgary and in the Family Category.

binny8

Jan 5, 2010
Strangely, when I logged in to check my status, I saw my mailing address was changed to a Quebec address, and home address changed to an unknown address in Toronto.
I am an GTA applicant.

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
titaniom89 said:
Hello Everyone,

Here is my timeline:
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 27, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 8, 2015.
We started processing your application on July 16, 2015.
We sent you a notice on October 8, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on October 28, 2015 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us

Can someone let me know where I can find some sample questions that I could use for the Citizenship Exam?

BTW, I am from Calgary and in the Family Category.
First off congrats on getting your test date. Below is the link to sample questions :

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/cit-test.asp

Dawn5095

Feb 23, 2013
Guys,

I got invite to the citizenship test. I'm from Calgary.

Timeline below:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 13, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on May 20, 2015.
We started processing your application on July 22, 2015.
We sent you a notice on October 6, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on October 27, 2015 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Happy :) :) :)

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
Dawn5095 said:
Guys,

I got invite to the citizenship test. I'm from Calgary.

Timeline below:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 13, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on May 20, 2015.
We started processing your application on July 22, 2015.
We sent you a notice on October 6, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on October 27, 2015 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Happy :) :) :)
Congrats

Dimply

Apr 9, 2015
hep said:
I applied on 7 April received acknowledgement email after 11 days but after that waited 6 Months them my case change from Received to In Process............6 Months wait..
so some times they forget or our file is in q.

Just call them and ask i didn't received even acknowledgement.
Good Luck

AGMH

Apr 12, 2015
Finally i got my invitation to the citizenship test ;D But they did a strange mistake, they sent it by email to the immigration consultant that i used when i applied for the PR 6 years ago, and i am sure my email is updated as they sent me the AOR by email on the correct email address. Thank god he reached out to me and forwarded me the email.

Also ecas was not updated it is still showing: We started processing your application on June 11, 2015.

I am from Montreal and here is my timeline:

App Sent: 12/04/2015
App Rec'd: 15/04/2015
AOR by email: 14/05/2015
eCAS Activated: 15/05/2015
Processing Started:11/06/2015
Invitation Rec'd by email:13/10/2015
Test Date: 10/11/2015

unique_username

Star Member
Jul 28, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2016
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
03-15-2016
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
15-04-2016
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
11-05-2016
Hi,

THis is my timeline..

I live in Toronto..

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 23, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 4, 2015.
We started processing your application on August 17, 2015.

When do you think I can expect the test date. I will be away from Canada from November till end of Jan... If in the event I receive the test when I am away, I am thinking of postponing my test date.. what are the possible problems that might rise because of that..

Please advise...

Thank you

ohms

Jun 20, 2012
unique_username said:
Hi,

THis is my timeline..

I live in Toronto..

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 23, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 4, 2015.

When do you think I can expect the test date. I will be away from Canada from November till end of Jan... If in the event I receive the test when I am away, I am thinking of postponing my test date.. what are the possible problems that might rise because of that..

Please advise...

Thank you
This is a post from the June tracker by Sasansajedi (he mentions he took it from CIC frequently asked questions). hope it helps...

What should I do if I missed my citizenship test?

The steps you should take if you did not attend your citizenship test depend on if we sent you:

a first notice to write the test,
a final notice to write the test, or
a notice to re-write the test.
I was sent my first notice to write the test

If this was the first time you were asked to write the test, you can:

contact us to let us know you missed the test, or
wait to be automatically rescheduled for another date.
Contact us

You have 30 days from the test date to contact us and let us know why you missed the test. The notice inviting you to the test will tell you how to do this.

The local office handling your application will decide if you have a valid reason for missing the test.

If your reason is valid, we will send you another notice with a new test date. (We will consider this new notice as another first notice in case you miss this new date, but have a valid reason for not attending.)

If your reason is not valid, we will treat you the same as someone who missed the test and did not contact us. (See “Be rescheduled automatically” below.)

Be rescheduled automatically

We will automatically reschedule you for a new date to write the test if you did not attend the test and you:

did not contact us to let us know, or
did not have a valid reason for missing the test.
We will send you a new notice telling you the new test date. This will be your final notice to write the exam.

This new test date will usually be two weeks or more after the date of the test you missed.

I received a final notice to write the test, but I missed it

You must contact us within 30 days of the test date if you:

missed your first test,
received a final notice to write the test, and
missed that test, too.
The notice inviting you to the new test date will tell you how to contact us.

The local office handling your application will decide if you have a valid reason for missing the test.

If your reason is valid, we will send you another final notice with a new test date.

We may close your application for citizenship if:

you do not contact us within 30 days, or
you do not have a valid reason for missing the test.
You will have to apply for citizenship again.

You failed the test and were scheduled for a second test

You must contact us within 30 days of the test date if you:

failed the citizenship test the first time you took it,
were scheduled to re-write the test, and
missed that date.
The notice inviting you to the re-write the test will tell you how to contact us.

If your reason is valid, we will send you a new notice to re-write the test.

We may close your application for citizenship if:

you do not contact us within 30 days, or
you do not have a valid reason for missing the test.
You will have to apply for citizenship again.

falcon123

Jul 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all,

I had my citizenship test last week in Calgary and I passed with full marks 20/20 :p :p

Since my AOR was in April 2015, I decided to post here.

My timeline:
1. Applied in March 2015
2. They rcvd files in April 2015
3. AOR rcvd in April 2015.
4. In Process in mid-July 2015.
5. Test invite letter rcvd in end of September 2015.
6. Test in first week of October 2015.
7. Decision Made status on 12 October 2015.
8. Oath invite - Awaiting.

Hope this helps other people at different stages.

Good luck to all.

tb2708

May 6, 2015
unique_username said:
Hi,

THis is my timeline..

I live in Toronto..

Please advise...

Thank you

You are supposed to contact CIC to let them know if you will be out of Canada for more than two weeks. I don't think it should be a problem though.

Babi22

Apr 23, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
09-2009
LANDED..........
16-02-2010
And FINALY... I received my test invite after all this wait :)

Nov 10th in Montreal :)