VISIT
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
20.June.2022
Doc's Request.
not yet
Hi Fencesitter,

Can you provide me your explanation for not providing C prinout please so that i can use the same format as well

Thanks
Abhi

Fencesitter said:
The way I look at it is this: if you are providing exactly what is required on the checklist, tick the box. If you are unable to provide an original, but are providing an explanation + something similar to what is requested, don't tick the box. I did not tick the box for the Option C Printout because I am not providing it. Instead, I am providing a two paragraph explanation, my tax assessment in China, statement of earnings from my employer for the past two year (2010 and 2011), plus pay stubs for the past 8 months.

As far as I'm concerned, as long as you document everything with explanations / supporting evidence, all should be fine.

Item 19 is not applicable for my situation, as our son is already a Canadian citizen. The only person being sponsored is my wife. If you have dependent children, or dependent children who have dependent children (I think??), you need to provide what is requested in item 19.

Just document everything with as much details as you can. The more you show the VO that you are putting in a lot of effort, the better the chances of a smooth and quick process.

Hope that helps!

FS

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
I can give you the points to cover, but I cannot give you the exact format, as I don't want someone else to have something exactly the same as what I submitted (I'm paranoid and worry it might be a problem if the same VO sees the same explanatory note). I'm not trying to be difficult...just concerned about my app...sorry...I would normally have no problem, but with this being such a serious thing, I just can't....

Here is what I included (you can write the rest yourself):

1. Reason for not including the Option C (non-resident for tax purposes since *year* - or whatever suits your situation);

2. All world income has been taxed in the countries where I have worked;

3. Evidence (proof) of income tax - notarized tax assessment from China, along with statements of earnings and benefits from my employer for the past 2 years + pay stubs for current contract period (July 2011 to February 2012);

4. Statement that I fully understand my obligations as my wife's sponsor and I am committed to meeting those responsibilities;

5. Statement that I have never been bankrupt or in receipt of government assistance, in any country.

In total, the explanation I wrote is two paragraphs (about half a page - A4).

Hope this helps!

FS

misskay

Star Member
Dec 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 8th
AOR Received.
Jul 11th
File Transfer...
Jul 31st
Med's Done....
Feb 20th
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Aug 31st
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 9th
LANDED..........
Oct 12th
I'm a bit worried about my application. Sent Canada Post Express, the tracking system last updated to "processed at postal facility" in Mississauga on the April 12th....but has not changed since then! Is this normal for Canada Post? Does it really mean "item delivered, case closed"?

Arrghhh!

Rosie Lee

Mar 1, 2012
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2012
File Transfer...
9-07-2012
Med's Done....
27-03-2012
Interview........
Doubt it
LANDED..........
Feb 2013??
Sunshine87 said:
That makes sense, since it was sent from Toronto, Mississauga is right next door. There'd be a problem if it DIDN'T arrive the next day :p
lol :p

Sunshine87

Apr 13, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 3, 2012
AOR Received.
July 5, 2012
File Transfer...
July 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 10, 2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Oct 25, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 30, 2012
LANDED..........
Dec 30, 2012
It may just be that they forgot to update it to "delivered", which is what is should say if it made it to CIC. I would call Canada Post and see what's up. Not sure if they'll be able to help but if it's common for them to not update, then you know your app most likely made it. Here's hoping it made it safely! I'm a bit worried about mine because I forgot to write "Spousal Sponsorship" on the envelope. I'm usually really good at following directions.. so I feel stupid for overlooking it. Hopefully they figure it out.

I also just realized that I don't think it was the option 2 printout that I included.. I think it was just my 2010 notice of assessment. Uggghh crap!

misskay said:
I'm a bit worried about my application. Sent Canada Post Express, the tracking system last updated to "processed at postal facility" in Mississauga on the April 12th....but has not changed since then! Is this normal for Canada Post? Does it really mean "item delivered, case closed"?

Arrghhh!

kaede1977

Star Member
Dec 28, 2011
Dublin Ireland
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
File Transfer...
27-07-2012
Med's Done....
13-02-2012
Sunshine87 said:
It may just be that they forgot to update it to "delivered", which is what is should say if it made it to CIC. I would call Canada Post and see what's up. Not sure if they'll be able to help but if it's common for them to not update, then you know your app most likely made it. Here's hoping it made it safely! I'm a bit worried about mine because I forgot to write "Spousal Sponsorship" on the envelope. I'm usually really good at following directions.. so I feel stupid for overlooking it. Hopefully they figure it out.

I also just realized that I don't think it was the option 2 printout that I included.. I think it was just my 2010 notice of assessment. Uggghh crap!
I also forgot to write "Spousal Sponsorship" on my envelope (my head is like a sieve sometimes)...I was in such a hurry and put the address of the courier delivery CPC instead and only realized when I got home and had to run back to the post office to re-write the correct address for the CPC in Mississauga...Im also hoping they figure it out!!!

missmymexi

Feb 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-17-2012
Doc's Request.
11-26-12 - Common law declaration/PRG/SSP
AOR Received.
Ottawa - 09-11-12 / DF 11-26-12
File Transfer...
09-17-12
Med's Done....
02-29-12
Our application was just recieved via courier today ! So now we wait, so excited that it is finally out of our hands and approaching "in process", its funny how such a little thing can make you so happy, I am sure that will wear off in a month or so, then I will be getting inpatient about the sponsorship approval, but for now i am excited !

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
missmymexi said:
Our application was just recieved via courier today ! So now we wait, so excited that it is finally out of our hands and approaching "in process", its funny how such a little thing can make you so happy, I am sure that will wear off in a month or so, then I will be getting inpatient about the sponsorship approval, but for now i am excited !
It's a big step. Congrats! Try to distract yourself now since the wait is 3 months!

vechappell

Star Member
Feb 7, 2012
Posted mine on Friday was told it would arrive Wednesday guaranteed and it arrived and was signed for this morning very happy about it. Just got 11 months to wait now for my first stage.

Good luck guys!

missmymexi

Feb 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-17-2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-17-12
Med's Done....
02-29-12
vechappell said:
Posted mine on Friday was told it would arrive Wednesday guaranteed and it arrived and was signed for this morning very happy about it. Just got 11 months to wait now for my first stage.

Good luck guys!
Wow 11 months ! Why is that ?

missmymexi

Feb 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-17-2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-17-12
Med's Done....
02-29-12
vechappell said:
I am applying within Canada and for some reason the initial process takes 11 months, but it's worth the wait so I'm ok with it.
Ah I see, well certainly worth the wait to be able to not be seperated from your partner, we would do that too if we had the option !

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
missmymexi said:
Ah I see, well certainly worth the wait to be able to not be seperated from your partner, we would do that too if we had the option !
Same here! I wish we could be in Canada for the process.

abhi292000

Feb 24, 2010
Canada
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
20.June.2022
Doc's Request.
not yet
Hi Fencesitter,

Thanks for revert my bro.

I understand your situation and respect it

Abhi

Fencesitter said:
I can give you the points to cover, but I cannot give you the exact format, as I don't want someone else to have something exactly the same as what I submitted (I'm paranoid and worry it might be a problem if the same VO sees the same explanatory note). I'm not trying to be difficult...just concerned about my app...sorry...I would normally have no problem, but with this being such a serious thing, I just can't....

Here is what I included (you can write the rest yourself):

1. Reason for not including the Option C (non-resident for tax purposes since *year* - or whatever suits your situation);

2. All world income has been taxed in the countries where I have worked;

3. Evidence (proof) of income tax - notarized tax assessment from China, along with statements of earnings and benefits from my employer for the past 2 years + pay stubs for current contract period (July 2011 to February 2012);

4. Statement that I fully understand my obligations as my wife's sponsor and I am committed to meeting those responsibilities;

5. Statement that I have never been bankrupt or in receipt of government assistance, in any country.

In total, the explanation I wrote is two paragraphs (about half a page - A4).

Hope this helps!

FS

kaede1977

Star Member
Dec 28, 2011
Dublin Ireland
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
File Transfer...
27-07-2012
Med's Done....
13-02-2012
sunshine, can you please update? meds done feb 13 2012, application recieved april 13 2012 thanks :)