21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Aquarian said:
Unfortunately, he has had the visa since October, and is still not able to come; we are waiting for the exemption paper from the army (mandatory to do service in Algeria)...They said 2 months, and now said another two months.
I am so stressed because the visa will expire in a couple of months...

Just devastating....
Why doesn't he just fly over and 'land' then go back and wait for his exemption paper? If this visa lapses, you will have to start all over again from scratch. If they issued the visa without this exemption, it was apparently not a requirement to get the visa, so in theory he shouldn't be held back from making a 'visit' to Canada then returning to get this exemption paper ....

Aquarian

Jun 10, 2013
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris, France (Algeria)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2013
AOR Received.
Received only when we made request
File Transfer...
31-05-2013
Med's Request
11-07-2013 (Meds passed)
Med's Done....
19-02-2013
Interview........
01-10-2013
Passport Req..
01-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2013
LANDED..........
05-02-2014
Thank you for the advice, but it does not work that way. Canadian government does not care about the military rules of another country, and that is why he was approved with or without the card/exemption. It is the military who will 100% stop him at the airport in Algeria. They will refuse to allow him to leave whether with a tourist visa or permanent one. Once your name is on the list, you cannot leave, period. They are now more strict anyway because of the problems going on...

We are still, at present, waiting....I know of another couple in the same boat as us...:(

Alurra71 said:
Why doesn't he just fly over and 'land' then go back and wait for his exemption paper? If this visa lapses, you will have to start all over again from scratch. If they issued the visa without this exemption, it was apparently not a requirement to get the visa, so in theory he shouldn't be held back from making a 'visit' to Canada then returning to get this exemption paper ....

angryrectangle

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
File Transfer...
11-04-2014
Med's Done....
17-02-2014
Passport Req..
03-11-2014
Aquarian said:
Thank you for the advice, but it does not work that way. Canadian government does not care about the military rules of another country, and that is why he was approved with or without the card/exemption. It is the military who will 100% stop him at the airport in Algeria. They will refuse to allow him to leave whether with a tourist visa or permanent one. Once your name is on the list, you cannot leave, period. They are now more strict anyway because of the problems going on...

We are still, at present, waiting....I know of another couple in the same boat as us...:(
Oh? I thought the CIC asked for military exemption papers? My husband and I are doing his paperwork now (he's Syrian) and they wanted the military papers. Perhaps it's a country specific thing..?

This situation sucks! Sorry to hear you guys are stuck in this :( I have several friends here who are STUCK (no passport, no ID) because of their service.

Aquarian

Jun 10, 2013
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris, France (Algeria)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
31-05-2013
Med's Request
11-07-2013 (Meds passed)
Med's Done....
19-02-2013
Interview........
01-10-2013
Passport Req..
01-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2013
LANDED..........
05-02-2014
Sorry for the delay...

If he served in the military or currently works for them, than yes they need the details....there is a section about that...Wish u guys the best of luck!! Keep us posted.

As for us, he is now off the list for the army. Now waiting for his name to be removed from the list for the police...:(

angryrectangle said:
Oh? I thought the CIC asked for military exemption papers? My husband and I are doing his paperwork now (he's Syrian) and they wanted the military papers. Perhaps it's a country specific thing..?

This situation sucks! Sorry to hear you guys are stuck in this :( I have several friends here who are STUCK (no passport, no ID) because of their service.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
How is your timeline looking on his copr?

Aquarian

Jun 10, 2013
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris, France (Algeria)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
31-05-2013
Med's Request
11-07-2013 (Meds passed)
Med's Done....
19-02-2013
Interview........
01-10-2013
Passport Req..
01-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2013
LANDED..........
05-02-2014
U mean when does he have to land? His visa expires this July.

Alurra71 said:
How is your timeline looking on his copr?

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Aquarian said:
U mean when does he have to land? His visa expires this July.
Yes, that is what I meant. He still has a little bit of time left then. That is good. It must be hard to know he is approved to come and has all his t's crossed and i's dotted and someone else is now dragging their heels. I hope things work out for you quickly.

Aquarian

Jun 10, 2013
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris, France (Algeria)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
31-05-2013
Med's Request
11-07-2013 (Meds passed)
Med's Done....
19-02-2013
Interview........
01-10-2013
Passport Req..
01-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2013
LANDED..........
05-02-2014
Yes he does, but it is hard. Thank you, we hope too....

Alurra71 said:
Yes, that is what I meant. He still has a little bit of time left then. That is good. It must be hard to know he is approved to come and has all his t's crossed and i's dotted and someone else is now dragging their heels. I hope things work out for you quickly.

Aquarian

Jun 10, 2013
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris, France (Algeria)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
31-05-2013
Med's Request
11-07-2013 (Meds passed)
Med's Done....
19-02-2013
Interview........
01-10-2013
Passport Req..
01-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2013
LANDED..........
05-02-2014
Hi all,

Just an FYI that hubby arrived in February!! Wishing all of you the best of luck!

Aquarian said:
Yes he does, but it is hard. Thank you, we hope too....

ninakap30

Apr 4, 2014
istanbul
Category........
Visa Office......
ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
20-8-2014
Med's Done....
12-6-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-11-2014
MadeInCanada said:
We were approved with no wedding pictures. And about 6 other red flags. As mentioned, be ready to address the issues. Be confident about who you are and how your relationship decisions have been made to suit you specifically not the general population or what is considered the "norm".

Take Care
MadeInCanada
what knd of red flags u had?ı am ın same sıtuatıon...dıfferent relıgıon.dıfferent countrıes..my famıly was agaınst that relatıonshıp so ı dıdnt reveal the weddıng.ı decıded that we had to marry fırst and later we reveal ıt to my mother so that she would have no other choıce thatn to accept ıt....language dıfferent..but for all ı have an answer...we sent a seperate sheet of paperexplaınıng all.ı know my husband sınce 2007 we spşlıtted up for 2 years and we are sınce 2010 together the last 2 years marrıed and lıve ın hıs country...ı learnt hıs language for expamle or for relıgıon we do not have any kınd of problem whıle ı am atheıst and he ıs mulsım but not fanatıc....ı ıncluded all,of course we do not have weddıng photos whıle when we got marrıed hıs mother had dıed 5 months ago and we just sıgned thınkıng we wıll make a receptıon later....ın turkey u can make thıs..but ı explaın them ın the meanwhıle my mother became ıll and dıed.......do u thınk they belıeve thıs?

M

mikeymyke

ninakap30 said:
what knd of red flags u had?ı am ın same sıtuatıon...dıfferent relıgıon.dıfferent countrıes..my famıly was agaınst that relatıonshıp so ı dıdnt reveal the weddıng.ı decıded that we had to marry fırst and later we reveal ıt to my mother so that she would have no other choıce thatn to accept ıt....language dıfferent..but for all ı have an answer...we sent a seperate sheet of paperexplaınıng all.ı know my husband sınce 2007 we spşlıtted up for 2 years and we are sınce 2010 together the last 2 years marrıed and lıve ın hıs country...ı learnt hıs language for expamle or for relıgıon we do not have any kınd of problem whıle ı am atheıst and he ıs mulsım but not fanatıc....ı ıncluded all,of course we do not have weddıng photos whıle when we got marrıed hıs mother had dıed 5 months ago and we just sıgned thınkıng we wıll make a receptıon later....ın turkey u can make thıs..but ı explaın them ın the meanwhıle my mother became ıll and dıed.......do u thınk they belıeve thıs?
It's good to address your relationship red flags, but more importantly, you have to show CIC your intentions of living in Canada. It might be hard to do considering you've never lived there before, so you need to work on that as well.

ninakap30

Apr 4, 2014
istanbul
Category........
Visa Office......
ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
20-8-2014
Med's Done....
12-6-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-11-2014
mikeymyke said:
It's good to address your relationship red flags, but more importantly, you have to show CIC your intentions of living in Canada. It might be hard to do considering you've never lived there before, so you need to work on that as well.
for me the most ımportant ıs to prove that my marrıage ıs a true product of love...about goıng to canada ı thınk ı have mentıoned proof.fora human ıs not possıble to make more really...whıle ı lıve ın Istanbul.....what makes me worrıed ıs that all tıme ı read about red flags and that they deal a lot...whıle people prove theır relatıonshıp...ı cant understand why they make ıs lıke thıs dıffıcult and stressful..all cases cant me ın one glass,alla cases cant follow the Norm,thats why we call them and crazy love storıes..ı dont know but sometımes ı feel ı do not have the wıllıngness to pass through all thıs stress and fınally they reject us:(sometımes really ı feel ı must stop the procedure.....for example ıf ı decıde to go Canada alone and prove them that ı really am ın Canada ıts possıble that they thınk my weddıng ıs not true..how u let ur husband alone?ıf ı am here wıth hım they can say ohh u dont have ıntentıon really to move!!!vıcıous cırcle.......

commonlawsponsor

May 29, 2013
Berlin
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
08-03-2014
File Transfer...
10-03-2014
Med's Done....
21-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-09-2014
LANDED..........
Will land 27-11-2014
ninakap30 said:
...for example ıf ı decıde to go Canada alone and prove them that ı really am ın Canada ıts possıble that they thınk my weddıng ıs not true..how u let ur husband alone?ıf ı am here wıth hım they can say ohh u dont have ıntentıon really to move!!!vıcıous cırcle.......
I don't know if they would think that. I really hope not! So many of the relationships they deal with are long distance relationships, and other ones when even a couple lives together and they then need to live separately for a period before they can legally live together again.

I hope CIC doesn't think they way you said because I have already booked my flight back to Canada, going about 6 weeks before my partner could possibly join me. I did this so in case they had doubts about my intent to move to Canada we can show that I am there, that I got a job, etc. And we are commonlaw, but when I will move to Canada, we will have lived together for 39 months. I hope that isn't a problem...

ninakap30

Apr 4, 2014
istanbul
Category........
Visa Office......
ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
20-8-2014
Med's Done....
12-6-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-11-2014
commonlawsponsor said:
I don't know if they would think that. I really hope not! So many of the relationships they deal with are long distance relationships, and other ones when even a couple lives together and they then need to live separately for a period before they can legally live together again.

I hope CIC doesn't think they way you said because I have already booked my flight back to Canada, going about 6 weeks before my partner could possibly join me. I did this so in case they had doubts about my intent to move to Canada we can show that I am there, that I got a job, etc. And we are commonlaw, but when I will move to Canada, we will have lived together for 39 months. I hope that isn't a problem...
but...its not logical to go alone...personally i am.married 2years.i had a distance relationHip 2 years,different countries.i married and till my husband fix our life in istanbul we were living apart...so i said them i cant make it again...canada is toonfar from turkey....i.cant even visit him...in my opinion they ask.unnormal things....who makes all tjis procedure collectinh papers,notary,translations,gives money and no goes?U must be crazy then,is not a game

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
commonlawsponsor said:

please don't let nina's frantic ramblings make you question your own application. It is perfectly normal for OUTLAND applicants to NOT BE LIVING with their sponsor. For the most part, CIC assumes the couple is NOT living together since the sponsor is in CAnada, and the appicant is in their home country waiting for approval to "move" to canada. CIC wants to know upon approval you will return to canada to start a life, right? so why would they care if the sponsor left first to lay the foundation IN CANADA and the applicant waited to be approved for PR before coming to canada? If anything, I would think that would help you prove your intentions! An outland applicant can't "move" to canada until they are given the proper authority to by CIC. There are many couples that need to remain apart for visa, economic or family reason. It is a normal piece to this process.

Your application is already IN. Certainly CIC does not track our movements once the application is submitted. I assume you were able to prove commonlaw at the time and did the best you could with the information you had? If CIC wants more information, they will ask for more information. These are human beings reading the applications. If the information makes sense, and there is proof to back it up, then it is hard to believe someone would meliciously just decide that it's not good enough and deny the application. There needs to be substantial proof of SOMETHING for an application to be rejected, and it is my understanding applicants are given a chance to respond to these concerns at some point in the process. Each application is unique to the specific relationship. If your relationship is true and ongoing, and you did all you could to convey this in your answers and evidence, then there will be a successful outcome.

Please please please don't go down the rabbit hole and start questioning your relationship as seen in the eyes of CIC! It is a dark, lonely path that leads to absolute NOTHING!