+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Approved Visitors visa w/ follow up medical requirements

kaya~*

Jan 20, 2015
Hello,

I have applied for my extension (6 months) as me and my fiancé need some time in order to get married in the near future and start processing PR application... Few questions:

1. They require for me to undergo a medical and gave me 30 days for this till feb 13-2015. The medical clinic closest to me can only give me an appointment soonest on feb 10 :( i am aware there are other clinics mentioned in the CIC website but I will not be able to get someone to drive me that far and have the test and results before the 13th of jan. How should I go about this?

2. The next day my online application stated "closed" and the status was "approved" they sent me a message saying I would get the original copy via mail. When I received the document it says I'm only allowed in Canada till the 13 of feb with a note below regarding medical. I called the call centre and the man told me that when I get my medical I need to reapply all over again as they would not extended my initial application which I requested for 6 months extension... Is this the case?

Please any advice on how should I go about this as I will not be able to supply medical documents before the 13th of feb.

Thanks

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
kaya~* said:
Hello,

I have applied for my extension (6 months) as me and my fiancé need some time in order to get married in the near future and start processing PR application... Few questions:

1. They require for me to undergo a medical and gave me 30 days for this till feb 13-2015. The medical clinic closest to me can only give me an appointment soonest on feb 10 :( i am aware there are other clinics mentioned in the CIC website but I will not be able to get someone to drive me that far and have the test and results before the 13th of jan. How should I go about this?

2. The next day my online application stated "closed" and the status was "approved" they sent me a message saying I would get the original copy via mail. When I received the document it says I'm only allowed in Canada till the 13 of feb with a note below regarding medical. I called the call centre and the man told me that when I get my medical I need to reapply all over again as they would not extended my initial application which I requested for 6 months extension... Is this the case?

Please any advice on how should I go about this as I will not be able to supply medical documents before the 13th of feb.

Thanks
knowing the expiry date of your visitor record will enable anyone to give you a better answer.

Generally assuming your visitor record has an expiry date of six months i would say

1) you are getting an appointment for medical on 10th of FEB....isnt it before 13th Feb... so wots the problem you are already getting your medicals done before 13th of Feb.

2) Have you received your Visitor record? if so then what is the expiry date of the document? expiry date is the date until which you are allowed to stay in canada with a condition/remarks/Observation i.e you must report/undergo an medical exam before 13th feb. So if you successfully undergo a medical exam before 13th your visitor record will remain valid.

best is call the call center again you will get a different answer this time.

kaya~*

Jan 20, 2015
Hello again,

kriv said:
knowing the expiry date of your visitor record will enable anyone to give you a better answer
The expiration on my visitors record is ALSO feb 13 - 2015 (this is why I'm confused as to why they would bother asking for medical when they didn't grant the 6 months extension and only gave me 30 days just like the medical)

kriv said:
1) you are getting an appointment for medical on 10th of FEB....isnt it before 13th Feb... so wots the problem you are already getting your medicals done before 13th of Feb.
Because the medical doesn't last one day... It's apparently 2 session: first for X-ray and blood test the second is a visit with the doctor with results. This last approximately 2 weeks. That will be after the 30 days they given me for both medical and visitors record.

What I don't understand is what was the point of the medical when my visitors record will expire the same time when I have applied for 6 months but it doesn't reflect 6 months on the visitors record document.

Could I apply again before the 13 of feb just the same as I did the 1st time w my medical receipt saying I have gone to the medical and waiting for results to follow?

I just don't want to over stay on my visitors record because that may give us problems in the future when I apply for PR.

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
kaya~* said:
Hello again,

The expiration on my visitors record is ALSO feb 13 - 2015 (this is why I'm confused as to why they would bother asking for medical when they didn't grant the 6 months extension and only gave me 30 days just like the medical)

Because the medical doesn't last one day... It's apparently 2 session: first for X-ray and blood test the second is a visit with the doctor with results. This last approximately 2 weeks. That will be after the 30 days they given me for both medical and visitors record.

What I don't understand is what was the point of the medical when my visitors record will expire the same time when I have applied for 6 months but it doesn't reflect 6 months on the visitors record document.

Could I apply again before the 13 of feb just the same as I did the 1st time w my medical receipt saying I have gone to the medical and waiting for results to follow?

I just don't want to over stay on my visitors record because that may give us problems in the future when I apply for PR.
Your situation is really confusing and you are right there was no point requesting medical when visitor record will expire at the same time. re-check if you had by-mistake entered the wrong dates for requesting the extension.

Anyways as you still have to apply for extension for your own sake to stay legally in canada you have to repeat the process. you can apply for the extension on 10th of Feb.
you can prepare your online application in advance and submit it on 10th feb when you get your medical exam done.
As you mentioned in your previous posts that you had an appointment of medicals on 10th feb. First try to call the doctor's office and explain your situation they might re-schedule your appointment (my personal experience once i did requested for an early appointment due to lack of time for my own cic medical exam) so i am sure the doctor office will help you (infact they must help you). If you successfully get an early appointment then you will have good chances to avoid any issues.

The medical process is infact a single day process ( mine was single day process). My medical experience was:-

i called multiple doctors from the list and one of the doctor favored me an early appointment (i explained my reason). the doctor told me that the X-RAY lab is in the same building where he is located and blood test was bit far. So i called both and get same day appointment for my blood test and the x-ray Lab said you can walk-in (in my case). i went to the doctor's clinic at 9.00 am and he gave me forms to fill. after 15 minutes i was called and the doctor examine me (height, weight, eye sight, urine sample, questions etc etc). At the end the doctor gave me 4 documents which were

1) confirmation of medical exam (the actual document you need to upload into your Mycic account)
2) a document for x-ray (the document i presented to the x-ray lab given by the doctor)
3) a document for blood-test ( again this is the document i presented to the blood test lab given by the doctor)
4) receipt of the fee paid.

i went to the x-ray lab showed them document number 2 completed my X-rays, then i went to blood test showed them document number 3 and had my blood test done..

i was done. i didnt even need to submit my x-ray or blood test to the doctor myself. he explained the results will automatically be delivered to him/uploaded in the system.
as i have the document 1 which was important and all i need "the confirmation of e-medical exam" i uploaded it the same evening.

Conclusion: as the doctor will issue you the confirmation of the medical exam the same day( it will have your IME number on it) so nothing to worry about it will be valid to be uploaded in your mycic account and you will be able to submit your application the same day. So even if you submit your application on 10th feb you will be good tobe considered for extension.

Hope it helps

kaya~*

Jan 20, 2015
Hello kriv,

Thanks so much for all your advice...

Regarding the time I requested for my extension I have a print out copy of all the documents submitted and my request was for the 20th of May 2015 (6 months after the expiry of my passports stamp) I double checked this when you mentioned it. The only thing accurate w the 13th of feb is the 30 days medical requierement which is also the date given on the visitors record.

Regarding the doctor appointment, I have contacted the one closest to me twice and they said "well you need to go elsewhere as we can't attend to you" I tried explaining my situation yet they didn't seem to care... That was at the loydminister accredited clinic. This left me no choice but to try contact other places (which was a hassle for me as I don't drive I needed to get a ride there etc etc. my fiancé is away for work so he can't do it for me till he gets back yet I cannot seem to book an appointment at my own convenient time)

I was finally able to ask my fiances mom to drive me about 2 hrs away to north battle ford and it's gonna cost me a total of 700 dollars (400 for the hospital to take my blood and x-Ray and 300 for the doctors clinic). I mentioned I was told it was only 300 dollars in other places but they said not for them for them it's 700.

It's a very stressful moment, looks like they just try to make it hard... Anyway I was able to book an appointment for tomorrow at this very very expensive medical clinic. I'm hopiming that the process is like yours and I don't have to be driving back and forth before I get the documents I need to submit my application all over again.

Just to make sure... I can submit the visitors extension application again just like I did last time before my due date (feb 13)? This application can be submitted multiple times before visitors record expires?

For the PR application will this medical be valid? Or is there a new test I need to undergo?

Thanks so much for your help I appreciate the time you take to answer all my questions...

kaya~*

Jan 20, 2015
Just to update in case anyone has process which seemed a little bit different from the process others where referring to on here...

So basically, after they gave me the 1 month on medical and visitors record I went and did medical and reapplied for the extension (only w the receipt Of payment for medical and stating that my nurse mentioned that results will be sent directly to them) I had to just do the application all over again and asked for 6 months from the time application was sent. I was approved for 6 months. Thanks for the help this forum is awesome.

:)