+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Approved TRV Visa, New York Submission Fee?

aStar

Oct 19, 2013
Hi Fellas,

I received approval for my temporary resident visa (TRV) on CIC website today. Approval Notice instructed me to send my passport to closest visa application centre (VAC) along with the approval notice. Closest VAC for me happens to be New York.
My confusion is if apart from passport, CIC approval notice and Self addressed Express USPS envelope do I have to send any kind of fee for this service (Stamping Passport blah!!!)

Misleading VAC website says following

Passport delivery for e-applications* $35.62
* If you receive a request letter from CIC to submit your passport to the Visa Office you can use the VAC to securely send your passport.

Can anyone please guide if this fee is mandatory or it is for special Securely send option

Complete description is as follow

Additional Service Fees
The payment of additional services from the VAC can be paid by bank draft. The bank draft, cashier's cheque, certified cheque, or money order directed to CSC Consular Services Inc. must be sent to the following lockbox and you must send a copy of the payment along with your application to the VAC.

CSC Consular Services Inc
Lockbox 3352
PO Box 8500
Philadelphia, PA 19178-3352

Photographs $10.88 – 2 photos
Photocopy / Printing (each page) $0.31 per photocopy / page
IMM5257, IMM1294, IMM1295 Forms fill-out (Self-service) $7.77 per applicant
IMM5257, IMM1294, IMM1295 Forms fill-out (Full-service) $31.10 per applicant
[tr][td]

* If you receive a request letter from CIC to submit your passport to the Visa Office you can use the VAC to securely send your passport.

Source: csc-cvac.com/en-US/selfservice/cvac_application_processing
Look under
STEP 2 - Pay the applicable fees > Additional Service Fees

allen861

Oct 18, 2013
I don't think you need pay any fee. You just need to enclose a paid envelope.
By the way , when did you submit your online application?
aStar said:
Hi Fellas,

I received approval for my temporary resident visa (TRV) on CIC website today. Approval Notice instructed me to send my passport to closest visa application centre (VAC) along with the approval notice. Closest VAC for me happens to be New York.
My confusion is if apart from passport, CIC approval notice and Self addressed Express USPS envelope do I have to send any kind of fee for this service (Stamping Passport blah!!!)

Misleading VAC website says following

Can anyone please guide if this fee is mandatory or it is for special Securely send option

Complete description is as follow

Additional Service Fees
The payment of additional services from the VAC can be paid by bank draft. The bank draft, cashier's cheque, certified cheque, or money order directed to CSC Consular Services Inc. must be sent to the following lockbox and you must send a copy of the payment along with your application to the VAC.

CSC Consular Services Inc
Lockbox 3352
PO Box 8500
Philadelphia, PA 19178-3352

Photographs $10.88 – 2 photos
Photocopy / Printing (each page) $0.31 per photocopy / page
IMM5257, IMM1294, IMM1295 Forms fill-out (Self-service) $7.77 per applicant
IMM5257, IMM1294, IMM1295 Forms fill-out (Full-service) $31.10 per applicant
[tr][td]

Source: csc-cvac.com/en-US/selfservice/cvac_application_processing
Look under
STEP 2 - Pay the applicable fees > Additional Service Fees

aStar

Oct 19, 2013
Hi allen861,

Thank you for your reply. I applied on September 23rd and I received the confirmation email on 15 Oct all in all 3 weeks.

Later I found out there are 2 separate ways to submit passport once online application is approved by CIC.
First Method is to send passport directly to the Canadian Consulate in New York which does not charge any fee and the second method is to send it to Visa Application Center VAC. VAC changes 35.62 bucks for doing the same thing inefficiently.

Jaanu

Nov 22, 2009
astar, did u send the documents?

can you share where did u send the documents and did u get your passports already