+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Approved study permit, but found a mistake on IMM 1294 form

l4rahman

Sep 5, 2019
Hello guys.

I am an international student who has just received approval on my 2nd study permit application after getting rejection in 1st application.

However, I noticed that I made a mistake while I filled out the IMM 1294 form.

On page 4- questions.
2b. Have you ever refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country or territory?
2c. Have you previously applied to enter or remain in Canada?

I selected "no" to the answer although my first study permit application to Canada was refused on the first try. I selected "no" mistakenly as I was just editing the previously filled IMM 1294 form and didn't notice the question carefully.

In the Client Information section, I actually uploaded the first "Visa Rejection Information Sheet" and provided an "Explanation Letter". I have no other rejection from any other country.

What should I do now? I didn't wish to hide any info as I already uploaded the rejection info and explanation in the client section, but forgot to mention it in IMM 1294 form,

MPH.UOFA

Star Member
May 6, 2023
i think you are good as long as you provided the visa rejection information sheet and explained it as well in your SOP. Either ways they would know about your previous visa that was rejected.

xuckless

Jun 10, 2023
Category........
STUDY
Hello guys.

I am an international student who has just received approval on my 2nd study permit application after getting rejection in 1st application.

However, I noticed that I made a mistake while I filled out the IMM 1294 form.

On page 4- questions.
2b. Have you ever refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country or territory?
2c. Have you previously applied to enter or remain in Canada?

I selected "no" to the answer although my first study permit application to Canada was refused on the first try. I selected "no" mistakenly as I was just editing the previously filled IMM 1294 form and didn't notice the question carefully.

In the Client Information section, I actually uploaded the first "Visa Rejection Information Sheet" and provided an "Explanation Letter". I have no other rejection from any other country.

What should I do now? I didn't wish to hide any info as I already uploaded the rejection info and explanation in the client section, but forgot to mention it in IMM 1294 form,

As an organization, they are fully justified to reject your application based on the information you provided. But this is a very minor issue, so it all comes down to decision of the individual officer that will review your application.