Approved Online Visitor Visa: Passport Return Times

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hopefylly I'll get my passport by 16-Dec.
my time line -
passport req : 14 nov
passport recieved: 18 nov
passport dispatched : 12 dec

Looks like they have started processing again after a short break. ;D

vctrokoyeeducation

Star Member
Jun 13, 2013
For those of u who have passed through this process, please how many more days do I have to wait if my application was approved on 11 December? I just tracked and no information. I'm trapped now. It show the following message "Unfortunately, the number you entered is not in our tracking system."

minu23

Feb 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1.guys could you please let me know what are all the documents you submitted to apply visitor visa for the first time online.
2.Paper or online application is good.
3.how much fund to show as bank balance.
4.when should we send our passport?

Please help I am applying for my mom and got struck with online visa application since ppl say paper application is oly valid and guaranteed.

amirali

Star Member
Feb 16, 2012
Refused Visitor Visa for my mother from Pakistan NEED HELP FROM ALL OF YOU

Dear respected senior.
I have applied for Visit visa for my mother but it is refused and they mention following points.

You not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident
In reaching this decision I consider several Factors including.
1-You have not provided sufficient documentation to support your/yours host income and assets.
2-Your travel history
3-Your family’s ties in Canada and in your country of residence
I am Canada in Citizen and living here in Vancouver since 2008.
I am married and have one child.
I never apply for visit visa for my mother this is first time ever since in my life.
I pay Rs 20,000 to process application in Islamabad Pakistan.

Now my question can I appeal against their decision or there is no way to go for appeal and need to pay fees again for application process.

How I can satisfy visa officer to above three mention points objection.
Thank in advance to all of you who will help and advise me.

marmaid

Dec 15, 2014
Hi everyone,

When is the latest online application which came at last? At least, to pp request step?

Can you write your timetables? I applied on 1th of December, do you think it will end before christmas? I have a flight on 24th:( and one more que, can we choose where to send our passport? NY or Los Angeles? İs there any territory limit?

Thank you for your time in advance.

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
marmaid said:
Hi everyone,

When is the latest online application which came at last? At least, to pp request step?

Can you write your timetables? I applied on 1th of December, do you think it will end before christmas? I have a flight on 24th:( and one more que, can we choose where to send our passport? NY or Los Angeles? İs there any territory limit?

Thank you for your time in advance.
You applied I.e. they have not sent request for passport yet, right? In that case it will be very difficult. They are sending my passport now, after almost 1 month of sending it.

marmaid

Dec 15, 2014
:(Do you think it is because it is december, holiday time?

In some cases, people send their pp and get it back in one week? Is there anyone who get a pp request in december?
And when was the application time?

gattusov

Dec 5, 2014
Finally got my application status changed to "Approved. Closed".
Here's my timeline:

12 November - applied for a TRV (online)
26 November - passport requested
26 November - passport sent to CPP - Ottawa via Canada Post Xpresspost
28 November - passport received by Visa Office
15 December - application status changed to "Approved. Closed".

Everyone here, good luck with you passports!

gsxr143

Apr 4, 2013
hi Guys

I have applied for Visitors Visa on Dec 3rd and received passport request on Dec 10th in MyCIC..

I need to send the passport now but I m little bit confused as this website says cic.gc.ca/submit-envoyer/offices-bureaux-eng.asp#U there might be any Los Angeles, USA VAC Fees.

Can you please tell what all I need to send my passport to the VAC Center in Los Angeles California, USA.

This is what is mentioned in the website -

■The passport request letter you received from CIC
■Any applicable VAC fees, such as passport transmission fees
■Full contact information, including a phone number, email and your full return address
■The VAC consent form (PDF, 18 KB)
■A pre-paid return courier envelope, if applicable

Also,did you guys put the return envelope with in the main envelope, stupid question but still asking..

Thanks..

codeguru

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
Hello all,

This forum seems to quite a helpful one. Here is an update

Application Type: Online (Temporary Resident Visa)
Original Passport Request: November 20th 2014
Passport Received: November 21st 2014 (Fedex Express- Signed: J.Pillon)
Sending from: Vancouver, British Columbia.
Sent to VAC: CIC Ottawa
Application Status Updated: Approved on December 3rd 2014. Application Close.
Passport Sent from CIC: December 3rd 2014
Passport Received on: December 12 2014

That is because CIC somehow missed out on sending it through the FEDEX Express that I enclosed. They sent it through CanadaPost Regular Mail which took about 1 week or so.

Hope this helps.

minu23

Feb 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gsxr143 said:
hi Guys

I have applied for Visitors Visa on Dec 3rd and received passport request on Dec 10th in MyCIC..

I need to send the passport now but I m little bit confused as this website says cic.gc.ca/submit-envoyer/offices-bureaux-eng.asp#U there might be any Los Angeles, USA VAC Fees.

Can you please tell what all I need to send my passport to the VAC Center in Los Angeles California, USA.

This is what is mentioned in the website -

■The passport request letter you received from CIC
■Any applicable VAC fees, such as passport transmission fees
■Full contact information, including a phone number, email and your full return address
■The VAC consent form (PDF, 18 KB)
■A pre-paid return courier envelope, if applicable

Also,did you guys put the return envelope with in the main envelope, stupid question but still asking..

Thanks..
can u pls let me know wat are all the supporting documents u submitted while applying online. Tx

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
minu23 said:
can u pls let me know wat are all the supporting documents u submitted while applying online. Tx
I suggest you to create a new topic with your questions. There will be better chances to get info. Let's continue to support others on topic "Passport return times".

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
softwaretesting said:
Hopefylly I'll get my passport by 16-Dec.
my time line -
passport req : 14 nov
passport recieved: 18 nov
passport dispatched : 12 dec

Looks like they have started processing again after a short break. ;D
Got passports back today. Looking at timelines for others it seems it took 10 days more in my case. I observed that issue date in my elder son's TRV (he has student status in Canada) is much late as compared to TRV for other family members. Thought of sharing this for information to others.

farzad_87

Mar 1, 2015
Hello Guys,

I'm Iranian and need a Visa to enter Canada. My wife is a Permanent Resident (PR) and I don't want to start spousal sponsorship now, because it a time consuming process and during this time I can not go Canada!

Therefore, I prefer to go there as a visitor. I want to know is there any chance for me to obtain vista through visitor application? How can I prove for the officer that I will return to Iran?

Thank you.

mohit12

Apr 6, 2015
Hello,

I am visiting Canada for attending a conference for a week.(April 8th - April 15th)

I had applied for the Visitor Visa on March 22nd(I know I applied it late but did not know that it will take this long.)

This is the timeline:

1. Applied online - March 22nd.
2. Original passport request - March 25th
3. Passport received by VAC in NY - March 27th.
4. Status of application in VAC tracker changed to 'Passport Received by the Visa Office - Under Consideration' - March 30th
5. Status of application in MyCIC changed to approved and closed - April 2nd.

I have called the VAC call center in NY several times asking them when will the embassy send my passport but they don't give any answers. They only say we don't know or wait for 15 days. I don't understand why would the embassy take so long to just mail the passport when the application was already approved on April 2nd. The process is very frustrating and I already had to delay my trip a few days. I'm still hoping I can still make it to the main conference which starts this Friday April 10th.

It would be great if someone in this forum could share some information on when I could expect to get the passport?

Many thanks.