+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Approved Online Visitor Visa: Passport Return Times

Daniel-2012

Oct 11, 2014
Visitor Visa - VAC Paris

I want to ask for more information about time Processing in CVAC in Paris. I, my wife and my son were in Paris CVAC on 06 OCT. We are iranian but I and my son own Swiss Travel Document (blue) and my wife has iraninan Passport. We all have permanent residency of Switzerlnad. As my wife owns iranian passport we went there for biometric. They checked the Documents personly and told us that we should leave our Passports there in VAC Paris. Here is my Documents that I gave them:
1- All Forms
2- Invitation letter from my brother who is a canadian citizen with Notice of assessment of CAN$ 76000 and copy of his canadian Passport.
3- Copy of last three pay slips. Every month i earn 5000 Swiss Francs
4- Photocopy and original of our residency permit. but they told us that they do not need it.
5- Monthly bank statement showing the recent balance.

My two brothers are canadian citizen and my mother has Permanent residency of canada. Because all of us have permanent residency of Switzerland so we can travel freely in Schengen Zone so there is no Visa or Stamps in our Passports.
Until now we have nothing heard from them and in online tracking we just receive:
Visa application, tracking ID No.20141006FRACTRV***** is being processed at the Canada Visa Office, PARIS.

What will happen for us an how much time does it it take?

Regards

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
Re: Visitor Visa - VAC Paris

Daniel-2012 said:
I want to ask for more information about time Processing in CVAC in Paris. I, my wife and my son were in Paris CVAC on 06 OCT. We are iranian but I and my son own Swiss Travel Document (blue) and my wife has iraninan Passport. We all have permanent residency of Switzerlnad. As my wife owns iranian passport we should go there for biometric. They checked the Documents personly and told us that we should leave our Passports there in VAC Paris. Here is my Documents that I gave them:
1- All Forms
2- Invitation letter from my brother who is a canadian citizen with Notice of assessment of CAN$ 76000 and copy of his canadian Passport.
3- Copy of last three pay slips. Every month i earn 5000 Swiss Francs
4- Photocopy and original of our residency permit. but they told us that they do not need it.
5- Monthly bank statement showing the recent balance.

My two brothers are canadian citizen and my mother has Permanent residency of canada. Because all of us have permanent residency of Switzerland so we can travel freely in Schengen Zone so there is no Visa or Stamps in our Passports.
Until now we have nothing heard from them and in online tracking we just receive:
Visa application, tracking ID No.20141006FRACTRV***** is being processed at the Canada Visa Office, PARIS.

What will happen for us an how much time does it it take?

Regards
Paris office has a 7 day time to process per: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp/visitors.asp
But given your wife's biometrics, you might need a week or two extra for results to return. Someone, who has applied under similar conditions in Paris might be able to respond better. You can also send a case specific inquiry directly to embassy in paris to request update.

Daniel-2012

Oct 11, 2014
Thanks, I sent a case specific inquiry directly to embassy in paris to request update and they replied today:

Dear Sir,

On the basis of the information provided, we have started the obligatory security check. The waiting period is an average of 20 working days.

Regards,

Vis Section-OB

Paris

What does it mean? do they prove the visa application before security check or after?

Thanks

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
Either being from Iran has prompted them to do the obligatory security check or maybe because someone in your family had worked with government of Iran in the past. Can you confirm any of this?

They will NOT issue before security check comes back clean.

Daniel-2012

Oct 11, 2014
My wife owns iranian Passport (with permanent residency of Switzerland) and in VAC paris gave finger print and photography. I am iranian but own Swiss Travel Document (with permanent residency of Switzerland) and i have served 18 month in Army in 1998 because it is mandatory in Iran for all men. My son is born in Switzerland. All other family member (Two Brothers) are Canadian citizen or own permanent residency of canada (My mother).

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
Daniel-2012 said:
My wife owns iranian Passport (with permanent residency of Switzerland) and in VAC paris gave finger print and photography. I am iranian but own Swiss Travel Document (with permanent residency of Switzerland) and i have served 18 month in Army in 1998 because it is mandatory in Iran for all men. My son is born in Switzerland. All other family member (Two Brothers) are Canadian citizen or own permanent residency of canada (My mother).
I believe this is all within the timeline. Have patience and hopefully all turns out well once you clear security checks.

Capaneo

Oct 23, 2014
I applied for TRV based on WorkPermit online. Got passport request on oct9th and sent my passport on oct 12. I STILL have not heard anything from them. Is that normal? My prev experience it only took them 2 days to send back the passport.
I sent the passport with a fedex to the courier address but included a CanadaXpress envelope inside the package along with the approval letter I printed.

I really need my passport now cause I have to travel for work. I am trying to figure out if they even have my passport, I want to cancel the application and get my passport to leave the country. I sent them email and no answers yet. Can anyone help?

dikkiparmar

Oct 13, 2014
Canada Transit Visa application applied online and passport sent to New York VAC for stamping.

Details:

9th Oct 2014: Online Application Submitted
10th Oct 2014: Received an update in application. The CIC Application status changed to Open.
15th Oct 2014: Received message "Original Passport Request" from CIC
17th Oct 2014: Passport Received by VAC New York Center (Status in VAC tracking)
21st Oct 2014: Passport Received by the Visa Office - Under Consideration (Status in VAC tracking)
22nd Oct 2014: Morning-CIC Application shows Approved and Closed.
23rd Oct 2014: Application Processing Completed - In Transit to VAC office (Status in VAC tracking)
24th Oct 2014: Application Processing Completed - In Transit to the Applicant from the VAC (Status in VAC tracking)

12th Nov 2014: Travel date for Transit in Canada.

Waiting to receive my passport now. Thanks everyone for guidance.

Daniel-2012

Oct 11, 2014
Hi
I received a new email:

Dear Applicant/Cher(e) Client(e),

We would like to inform you that your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office, on 27 Oct 2014 to the Canada Visa Application Centre.
You can track the status of your application through our website mentioned below using your tracking number:20141006FRACTRV*****
vfsglobal.ca/canada

The new situation is now:

Visa application, tracking ID No.20141006FRACTRV++++ – Your passport has been sent from the Canada Visa Application Centre, on {scan date} by courier. To track the status of the shipment, please visit courier partner website gl-net.com using your tracking ID as mentioned above.

What does it mean?

Thanks

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
Daniel-2012 said:
Hi
I received a new email:

Dear Applicant/Cher(e) Client(e),

We would like to inform you that your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office, on 27 Oct 2014 to the Canada Visa Application Centre.
You can track the status of your application through our website mentioned below using your tracking number:20141006FRACTRV*****
vfsglobal.ca/canada

The new situation is now:

Visa application, tracking ID No.20141006FRACTRV++++ – Your passport has been sent from the Canada Visa Application Centre, on {scan date} by courier. To track the status of the shipment, please visit courier partner website gl-net.com using your tracking ID as mentioned above.

What does it mean?

Thanks
Ah, that is good news. Have you submitted passport along with your application? This is quick return time given they said it will take extra 20 days for security check. You should be able to pickup soon or receive the happy mail.

Daniel-2012

Oct 11, 2014
Hi

Yes We have submitted the Passports with applications. I checked again, they have sent the Passports to us via DHL Courier and we should receive them tomorrow. I do not know are our applications accepted or not? Are the Visa in Passport or not.

rahulchem19

Nov 10, 2014
Hi All,

I applied for Canadian TRV on November 4th through their online application process.

Received a letter to submit the passport which had a link for where to send the passport www(dot)cic(dot)gc(dot)ca/submit

since I have chosen NY this is what the instructions are:

You must submit your passport at the visa application centre (VAC) in New York

Canadian Visa Application Centre – New York
290 Madison Ave, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10017
USA

This can be done by mail or in person.

With your passport(s), make sure you include:

The passport request letter you received from CIC
Any applicable VAC fees, such as passport transmission fees
Full contact information, including a phone number and your full return address
The VAC consent form (PDF, 18 KB)
A pre-paid return courier envelope, if applicable
Check the website of the New York VAC for all requirements and more information.

I paid $ 200 when I applied online ($100 x 2 me and my wife), Now I am not sure how much do I need to pay more to VAC.

As per the instructions above when I checked New York VAC website it seems like I have to pay $43.04 per applicant for VAC to process the Visa.
it seems ok up until this point.

The instructions further indicate additional service fees (see below):

Additional Service Fees
The payment of additional services from the VAC can be paid by bank draft.
The bank draft, cashier’s cheque, certified cheque, or money order directed to CSC Consular Services Inc. must be sent to the following lockbox and you must send a copy of the payment along with your application to the VAC.
Payments for Visa Application Centre in New York:
CSC Consular Services Inc
Lockbox 3352
PO Box 8500
Philadelphia, PA 19178-3352
Payments for Visa Application Centre in Los Angeles:
CSC Consular Services Inc
P.O. Box 410039
Salt Lake City, Utah 84141-0039
Passport delivery / e-Application *
$35.59
Photographs
$10.04 – 2 photos
Photocopy / Printing (each page)
$0.29 per photocopy / page
IMM5257, IMM1294, IMM1295 Forms fill-out (Self-service)
$7.17 per applicant
IMM5257, IMM1294, IMM1295 Forms fill-out (Full-service)
$28.69 per applicant
* If you receive a request letter from CIC to submit your passport to the Visa Office, or if you applied online with an e-App, you can use the VAC to securely send your passport.
Step 1: Bring your passport to the VAC and pay the appropriate fees. Please include the letter from CIC requesting your passport, the VAC Consent form and your contact information. You can either bring your passport in-person to the VAC or send it by courier.
Step 2: Decide how you will want your passport returned to you. You can choose to pick-up your passport in person or have your passport delivered to you at home. If you choose to have it delivered you will need to include a pre-paid Air Waybill when you submit your passport to the VAC.
Step 3: Track your passport. The VAC will send your passport to the Visa Office and give you a tracking number so you can track where your passport is.

Now I am not sure if I have to pay this $35.59 in addition to the $43.04 ?

Please help.

Thank you.