+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Approved Online Visitor Visa: Passport Return Times

sarge_in

Jun 21, 2013
My and my wife's timeline:

5/31 - Submitted online TRV for Transit visa
6/21 - Request for additional docs received - Employment Letter for me; Employment Letter and proof of funds for my wife
6/21 - Uploaded all docs for both
6/21 - Passport request received for wife, not for me yet

Assuming I get my passport request soon too, is it ok to send both passports in a single envelope with one return envelope? Or separate envelopes for each passport?

Also, anyone used Priority Mail instead of Express Mail? Being in LA, I would rather save the amount as they will both take the same time for us.

sumitnagal

Jun 14, 2013
Applied on 6/5
PP request 6/21

planning to sending PP via USPS, any help what I should prefer so that it will go quickly and come back quickly ?

Jun 21, 2013
Applied online for Visiting visa on May 15th...

Passport Request on 6th June..

Passport received by consulate on 10th June..

Received back stamped passport on 22nd June

jiajiajia

Jun 23, 2013
hi, where did you send your passport? NYC or LA? Thanks!

sebastianajith said:
Applied online for Visiting visa on May 15th...

Passport Request on 6th June..

Passport received by consulate on 10th June..

Received back stamped passport on 22nd June

sunnypambhlot

Jun 18, 2013
Visiter visa applied in person at LA consulate

Hello friends,

I applied for Visiter visa in person on 14th June at LA. Is anyone applied in person recently ? If yes please let me know how long they took for process.. It says 30 business days but is anyone got passport quicker than that ?

And does canadian consulate send emails if visa got approved please let me know i am very curious about that and waiting.

Thank you guys..!

czarjosh

Jun 14, 2013
I submitted on April 11. Was not approved until June 21. Sent in my passport that day. Paid for overnight shipping back. Our trip is supposed to start on June 30. If there is a miracle they will drop it in the mail this week.

kilas78

Sep 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you fkl for your detailed reply, and yes I had provided a cover letter specifying the supporting documents, and the funds that I showed are sufficient only for a months stay not too many, but I will try again and hopefully this time something comes up and I am successful.

se7en I have replied to you.

Thank you guys for all your help. Useful discussion

kilas78

Sep 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
One more important point fkl, that I cannot apply for a supervisa as it is only intended for Canadian citizens and PR holders. I am an Int. student.

arunsrivat87

Jun 17, 2013
Again the wait starts from today :)

Timeline:

Applied Online: 31 May
PP Request: 21 Jun
PP sent to LA: 21 Jun
PP received at LA: 24 Jun

canvisa2013

Jun 22, 2013
Me and my wife applied together through "family application" for a singe entry visitor visa:

5/15 - Online Application for Transit visa. Received individual confirmations for both of us.
6/10 - Request for passport for both of us
6/11 - Sent passports to New York
6/12 - Passports received in New York.
6/20 - Priority mail tracker activated
6/22 - Passports received.

Other details. It was very hard to find these things online and I saw some post about this earlier and that post was useful to me. Hope this post is useful to others :

1. I sent both of our passports in the same envelope to NY Consulate
2. I sent only ONE return envelope
3. I used PRIORITY return envelope instead of the Express one (Priority gets you the package in 2 days and costs $6 while Express gets it to you in 1 day and costs $20)
4. I have my old expired passport and a new one. I sent only my new valid passport for stamping. No need to send in all passports.

Kaori

Jun 20, 2013
Kaori said:
I have to get back my passport by Jun-26 latest
( as scheduled a trip out town from Jun-27 till July-26 )

I apply Transit Visa online at Hong Kong ( Russian passport )
I submit online application on Jun-19
I got Passport request notice Jun-20

If I send passport on Jun-21 by mail per website instruction, any possible to get back my passport by Jun-26?

worry.................

Hi guys,

I've got my transit visa today ;)

I mail passport on Jun-21 (Friday)
Got reply on Jun-25 (Tue) from CIC refer to my previous email on Jun-20 ( so lucky ) that can pick-up passport on Jun-26
Today Jun-26 I got my visa

Wish you all good luck

kanchans

Jun 25, 2013
I live in PA. I just assumed I have to send it to NY.

My final timeline

Applied on: 4 June
PP Request: 20 Jun
PP sent to NY: 20 Jun
PP received at NY: 21 Jun
PP received back 26 June.

I am amazed thankful that it all happened quickly.

Also another point to note. I applied for mutliple entry visa. Som folks had mentioned you get it till the expiry of your passprt. This is not the case for me. I got it til 01/01/2015 where as my passport expires in 2019

arunsrivat87

Jun 17, 2013
Hi kanchans,

What was the period you mentioned in the application when you applied? Did they approve for the same period or more than that (visa validity) ?