+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Approved Online Visitor Visa: Passport Return Times

meiha

Mar 7, 2014
My wife and I submitted online application for single entry visa on Feb 5, 2014 (one month ago).
Still no passport request.
We live in Utah, but are travelling out of country in two weeks.

1. Once passport request is received, is it okay to send passports to a consulate outside the US (say UAE)?
2. How do we get the passport request? Where does it appear on the mycic account page?

Mar 10, 2014
I plan to goto Calgary for the stamping end of this month.
here is my Timeline:
Online Application Submitted: Feb 19th
Receipt Received: Feb 20th
PP Requested: Mar 3rd (Morning)
PP Sent to LA:Mar 3th(Afternoon) - by USPS priority mail
PP Reached LA:Mar 5th.
Waiting on Passport to return to me.

Mar 10, 2014
I am planning to goto Vancouver for h1b stamping, but I am tensed as my passport is still not returned back from LA Consulate. My Online Visitor Application was approved and closed on 03/05, but my usps tracking id is still not activated. Sent out multiple emails to LA Consulate, but I am not getting any response. Please help me!!

mathewJose

Feb 25, 2014
I also had the similar situation.. Mine got closed on march 1st Finally my tracking has been activated today. I suggest wait for 2 more days and you will get it.

APAK

Nov 7, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2012
File Transfer...
Transferred to ottawa in Nov 2012,transferred to ISB july 2013
LANDED..........
cannot wait!!
Hi!! I am living in yemen. Pakistani national and applying for trv. Husband is canadian and my spousal sponsorship is already in progress. How to show dual intent?i am now applying for trv.

Yemens trv applications r processed in Abu Dhabi embassy and biometrics r given there too. Now, my question is when to give the biometric? Right when I apply? Or when they request my passprt( in case of stamping visa) ..

Cz I don't want to waste money on an air ticket right now ,I don't even know if they r Gina accept my application.

What do I do?

tubun

Mar 10, 2014
canadavisitor007 said:
PP Reached LA:Mar 5th.
Waiting on Passport to return to me.
I had the exact same timeline. My PP was received at the LA office on Mar 5th and so far I have not heard from them. My flight is Monday next week...

Mar 10, 2014
am sorry. you are in a far worse state.
It has already been a week since they received the passport.
Hope they close and send you the passport back before Sat for you to be able to catch the Monday Flight.
Good luck!
Keep us posted.

mathewJose

Feb 25, 2014
I got my passport 2 days back PP send on march 5th. Hope you get it in time for your flight. Try sending a case request ..

Mar 10, 2014
Great! Congrats.

I got my Application Approved and Closed noticed by email.
So it will take another 10 days?
that is indeed cutting it close.
I will send an email to them if i dont have anything by the middle of next week.

Tubun, you might want to do this sooner. you should have received your Application approval as well now.

tubun

Mar 10, 2014
Thanks guys! Yes I just checked my status and it was approved! But my USPS tracking is still unavailable...I really hope they will send it back tomorrow.

Mar 10, 2014
My tracking has been turned on too. it is in LA now.

Hopefully you get yours tomorrow as well.

If tomorrow is late, you have to ask someone to overnight it to the hotel in Canada where you will be staying.

edwardleaf

Mar 17, 2014
This thread has helped me a lot during my waiting for responses from CIC, Thank you for everyone who posted their timeline.
I'm already in Canada but need a visa in order to come back after I went home. Thus, I need to applied inside Canada and sent my passport to CPP-O in Ottawa. When I searched through this thread, few people talked about the processing time of CPP-O, so I hope my thread would help some one who is similar to my situation.

Application submitted online---Mar.7, Friday
Passport requested---Mar.13, Thu. afternoon
Passport received by CPP-O---Mar.14,Fri. at noon. Xpresspost is really super fast this time
Application closed and tracking no. activated---Mar.17, Mon. afternoon

CPP-O impressed me a lot this time, they only used one business day to stamp my passport and sent it out, compared to normally one week for other applications posted in this thread. Not sure if they have improved efficiency or I'm so lucky this time. Hopefully I will receive it tomorrow or the day after it.

Sincerely hoping everyone could get their passport as soon as possible so as to catch their travelling schedule. I really suffered a lot during the application and waiting process, so afraid that passport could't arrive on time and everything needs to be changed. Though this time I'm really lucky, next time I will definitely applied way in advance, even not needed at that time, to avoid any unexpected situation. Luck may not always on my side.

At last, wish myself a good vacation. Everything is going to be OK. ;D

Mar 10, 2014
Got the passport today.
here is my complete Timeline:
Online Application Submitted: Feb 19th
Receipt Received: Feb 20th
PP Requested: Mar 3rd (Morning)
PP Sent to LA:Mar 3th(Afternoon) - by USPS priority mail
PP Reached LA:Mar 5th
Application Approved and Closed email: Mar 13th
USPS Tracking Activated: Mar 15th
Passport received:Mar 17th.

it took about a month to get the Canadian visa.

indianabones

Feb 7, 2014
Ok our application is done for my wife, who's Pakistani and living here (UK) with me. I'm British.

11 Feb: Online application Submission.
14 Feb: Biometrics done at London VAC
17 Feb: HC receive biometrics.
12 Mar: Request for Passport
12 Mar: Passport submitted with pre-paid return to London HC.
13 Mar: HC receive passport.
17 Mar: Application closed and VISA approved.
19 Mar: Passport received with stamp in there.

Visa valid from 12 March 2014 to 9 September 2014. So it confirms, once they've requested your passport, it's to issue a VISA.

I had to add one thing that slowed us down was that I had renewed my British passport and that didn't arrive till around Feb 25, so I sent them a scan of this through the webform. I think if I had the passport before applying it might have cut our time down by a week.

Still, it's not good enough. They are way way behind the 7 working days to process an application. Even if you exclude the days before me submitting the scan.