+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Approved Online Visitor Visa: Passport Return Times

LAXGA

Feb 7, 2014
cherry130721 said:
I totally understand your situation. I was in the same anxiety for days after i sent my passport to LA.
No one can say anything for sure for when you can get your passport back.
It is good for you to write the email but you will never get a response. I wrote several emails and made several phone calls still no response.
What seems better for me now is the application has been closed 13 days after it was delivered on Jan 25th.

I have travel plan on Feb 15th, still waiting for the pp to be sent back..

anyway, best luck.
Thanks cherry130721..

jellytree

Feb 4, 2014
LAXGA said:
Hello Experts,

Need some suggestions regarding possiblity of my passport return.. My first application (Paper based) for Canada Visiting Visa was rejected due to not mentioning about my ties in Canada and not sending my old passport copy. Since it was denied because of above reasons I have applied - ONLINE with an invitation letter and all sort of documents.

Online application submitetd on: December 19th, 2013
Original Passport Request : January 28th, 2014
Original Passport Sent : January 28th, 2014
Passport received LA : January 30th, 2014

Meantime I have changed plans and set every thing to fly Outside USA on Feb 21st, 2014..Since my departure date is very close I though I don't want to send my passport for visa stamp.. One of my friend suggested me that Passports return time is not that bad and not later than 7 - 10 days.. So I have mailed my passports to LA on Jan 28th, and this is a very costly mistake.. After reading some posting I'm getting nervous and worried whether I would get my passport back in time..

I need some suggestions on best options and chances of getting my passport before Feb 3rd week. I have sent eamil to LA embassy no reply so far..
Really appreciate your time and advice.

Thanks..
The process time at the LA office is not very predictable or stable... I send emails to the LA consulate like 2/3 times, but no one replied, however my case is closed after the third email... So they probably still read it...

Don't get too worried about it. Best luck to you too!

jellytree

Feb 4, 2014
aryan11 said:
Has anybody's whose application was closed yesterday have their USPS tracking activated?
My case was closed yesterday, I got the email notification today, and USPS tracking not activated yet...

welcomesk

Jan 30, 2014
to guys, who finds it helpful

Timeline:-

Applied---------Jan 29th

PP request ------- Jan 30th

PP delivered to NY Consulate ---- Feb 3rd,Monday

CIC file closed--Feb 5th Wednesday @ 11am

Tracking no activated------- Feb 6th Thursday evening @ 8pm

PP received-- feb 7th Friday.

Hope everyone gets their visas and passports on time.

jellytree

Feb 4, 2014
welcomesk said:
to guys, who finds it helpful

Timeline:-

Applied---------Jan 29th

PP request ------- Jan 30th

PP delivered to NY Consulate ---- Feb 3rd,Monday

CIC file closed--Feb 5th Wednesday @ 11am

Tracking no activated------- Feb 6th Thursday evening @ 8pm

PP received-- feb 7th Friday.

Hope everyone gets their visas and passports on time.
Hi welcomesk,

Does the consulate send ur passport back in the envelop you provided?

I am still waiting for my tracking number to be activated... :(

welcomesk

Jan 30, 2014
jellytree said:
Hi welcomesk,

Does the consulate send ur passport back in the envelop you provided?

I am still waiting for my tracking number to be activated... :(
I applied for me, my wife and my inlaws. sent 4 passports in a single envelop with return envelop[priority express mail].they sent me in the same envelop[that's why my tracking no is activated].

aryan11

Feb 5, 2014
Hey guyz....for applications which was closed on Feb 6th , the tracking no. will surely be activated by Monday and will be delivered in 1-3 days depending upon the delivery option u chose. My flight is on 13th and I had chose priority mail which takes 2-3 days....if my tracking wouldn't have activated yesterday I would have to reschedule my flight.....best wishes to everyone waiting for their PP :)