File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks, and what if, a registered immigration consultant is suggesting this option despite knowing the clients' country of citizenship and residence and claiming that they have handled the same cases in the past which has led to clients getting issued the Work Permit at POE (Airport)? Just curious to know.
You are free to try.

forevermore76

May 19, 2024
Thanks, and what if, a registered immigration consultant is suggesting this option despite knowing the clients' country of citizenship and residence and claiming that they have handled the same cases in the past which has led to clients getting issued the Work Permit at POE (Airport)? Just curious to know.
Your best case scenario is you get a work permit at POE. Since you have a valid TRV, your 2nd best case is you are issued a TRP and allowed to enter Canada then apply inland. Your worst case is you are denied entry and sent back.

In 2nd best case, you cannot work and will have to leave Canada if your WP is not issued within TRP date.

Vik-Can

May 4, 2024
Your best case scenario is you get a work permit at POE. Since you have a valid TRV, your 2nd best case is you are issued a TRP and allowed to enter Canada then apply inland. Your worst case is you are denied entry and sent back.

In 2nd best case, you cannot work and will have to leave Canada if your WP is not issued within TRP date.
Hey! Which would be the wisest option between the first two?
1) Applying for a work permit at the airport? Even though Canada.ca says that only citizens from the country who don't require a visa to enter Canada are eligible, my immigration consultant is suggesting that I can apply at the airport despite me being from a country whose citizens require the TRV.

Or 2) As you said, get issued the TRV, enter Canada, and then apply via Flag poling or online.

BTW, here's a little insight, my immigration consultant suggested the first option 3 months before also, along with applying online from my home country. I told them to apply online but a few days back I got a rejection stating they were not satisfied that I would leave Canada and their reason was not significant family ties, which doesn't make any sense in my case, as I provided every single document that proves my good family ties in my country.
Anyway, my immigration consultant is now presenting 2 options, 1) To apply for the WP at the airport as I have a tourist visa of Canada, or 2) To reapply after they receive the ATIP (Notes).

Please suggest.

forevermore76

May 19, 2024
Hey! Which would be the wisest option between the first two?
1) Applying for a work permit at the airport? Even though Canada.ca says that only citizens from the country who don't require a visa to enter Canada are eligible, my immigration consultant is suggesting that I can apply at the airport despite me being from a country whose citizens require the TRV.

Or 2) As you said, get issued the TRV, enter Canada, and then apply via Flag poling or online.

BTW, here's a little insight, my immigration consultant suggested the first option 3 months before also, along with applying online from my home country. I told them to apply online but a few days back I got a rejection stating they were not satisfied that I would leave Canada and their reason was not significant family ties, which doesn't make any sense in my case, as I provided every single document that proves my good family ties in my country.
Anyway, my immigration consultant is now presenting 2 options, 1) To apply for the WP at the airport as I have a tourist visa of Canada, or 2) To reapply after they receive the ATIP (Notes).

Please suggest.
TRP not TRV.

You are not eligible to apply and depending on the CBSA agent, they will either deny entry or issue you a TRP so you can enter and apply inland. Your refusal is not a good sign and very likely adds an extra component of risk to your excursion.

Ultimately, you are gonna have to decide which route you go because no one here or your consultants can tell you with 100% certainty what would happen. If I were you, I would apply from overseas and not travel without approval. That said, you won't be stopped from boarding since you have a TRV and that certainly gives you the opportunity to present yourself at a Canadian POE for processing. All the best.