+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying withint ONE YEAR of leaving your job in Canada

tdot

Nov 6, 2008
If anyone has the chance of helping me out i would greatly appreciate it.

Here is my story:
I have achieved a Bachelor Degree from University of Toronto(graduate 2005) and have worked on campus and off-campus. I was given a 2 year work permit which has expired on February 2008.I had to return back to my home country due to family problems so my official end of employment date was in Mid September 2007 and i flew back home end of September 2007 but I returned to toronto end of november 2007 to pack up my apartment and file my taxes, so i have my T4's up until 2007.
Today was the day i found out about Canadian Experience Class and for my luck its a bit late(I think?!?!?!). The reason being is that the canadian experience i have achieved is 1 year, 1 month and 22 days OLD and does not fall under the requirements of CEC ( – within ONE YEAR of leaving your job in Canada). But i was wondering if there would be a chance for me to apply because my work permit was valid until FEB 2008 and that i have applied for my taxes and the fact that my luck is horrible and i am a month and a half overdue on time :( ?!

Another enquiry about Section 10 under the document CHECKLIST for CEC, the checklist asks for 4 documents:
1- Most recent Notice of Assesment from Canada Revenue Agency....WHERE can i get that from?
2- t4 slips
3- Record of Employment.....DOES THE WORK PERMIT COUNT??? if not does the company provide this document?
4- Reference letters from past and current employees..... I have a reference letter but it was given to me based on my employment from Febuary 2006 until September 2007 so i have a total of 19 months and 4 days of canadian work experience

If anyone can advise me on this matter i would be the happiest person on earth and maybe for once my luck in this life would change :)

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. you get it from the cra
2. you can get copies of them from the cra too or from the employer
3. ROE you get from the employer
4. as a CEC graduate you need only 1 year experience so should be ok

How they look at it 1 year vs. 1 year and a month whatever, nobody knows. You have to apply asap and hope for the best.

tdot

Nov 6, 2008
Thank you Leon for your response highly appreciated

I have found something else that is confusing me .. listed on the Canadian Experience Class:
Who can apply – Requirements for graduates

It states that : Work experience

As a graduate of a Canadian post-secondary educational institution, you must have one year of full-time (or equivalent) work experience in Canada after graduation. Your work experience must be gained within two years of applying.

Does that mean i have not passed the 2 year limit?