+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying visitor visa when unemployment

nguyenly

Mar 11, 2022
Hello,

I am preparing for my Canada Visitor visa. My background is as below:
- Travel history: I got a US visa (J-2 visa) which allows me to work in the US during the validity of the visa. I just come back to my home country (Vietnam) in December 2021.
- Marital status: I got married and have 2 children
- Employment status: I worked in the US from 2019-2021 as a server. The documents to prove my employment is the tax record and I am unemployed now.
- Financial status: I have a savings account with around 30,000 CAD to cover the trip expense
- Property: I have a house in my home country.

For the above background, can my application approved? If not, what should I do to make my application stronger? Please advise. Thank you!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

- Travel history: I got a US visa (J-2 visa) which allows me to work in the US during the validity of the visa. I just come back to my home country (Vietnam) in December 2021.
- Employment status: I worked in the US from 2019-2021 as a server. The documents to prove my employment is the tax record and I am unemployed now.
- Financial status: I have a savings account with around 30,000 CAD to cover the trip expense

For the above background, can my application approved? If not, what should I do to make my application stronger? Please advise. Thank you!
Ideally you would have employment in your home country. That would strengthen your profile. However it is good that you hold a US visa and have traveled to the US in the past. That will strengthen your profile.

I assume you are traveling alone without your family? How long is your planned trip?

nguyenly

Mar 11, 2022
Ideally you would have employment in your home country. That would strengthen your profile. However it is good that you hold a US visa and have traveled to the US in the past. That will strengthen your profile.

I assume you are traveling alone without your family? How long is your planned trip?
I am travelling alone and the trip is around 10 days. If I apply visa for the whole family, will the successful rate increase?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

When does your J2 expire?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am travelling alone and the trip is around 10 days. If I apply visa for the whole family, will the successful rate increase?
The chances of success would be lower if you were applying for your entire family.

Based on the information you've provided, you should have a good chance of being approved.

nguyenly

Mar 11, 2022
The chances of success would be lower if you were applying for your entire family.

Based on the information you've provided, you should have a good chance of being approved.
So it's better if I apply visa only for myself.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The J2 visa is expired in Dec 2021
That changes everything. It will be more difficult to get approved if you are unemployed. There will be concerns that you are trying to come to Canada to try to find a job. What is the purpose of your travel?

Maritzaro

Feb 11, 2019
Hello,

Si you have an invitation letter?