+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

applying pgwp outside Canada but put mailing address in Canada

dongdong

Jun 11, 2018
Hi all,

I want to apply for pgwp online outside Canada but put my mailing address inside Canada since I am travelling currently and will be coming back to Canada later this month with valid study permit.

I wonder if anyone has done the same thing ( apply pgwp outside Canada but put mailing address inside Canada )

I am not sure if this is legit, since the documents required for application of pgwp within and outside Canada are different.

I also want to know if there would be any delays in processing time if I apply PGWP outside Canada compared to inside Canada because the reason I want to apply pgwp outside Canada is to get pgwp earlier.

Thanks

Ha97

Jun 10, 2018
You can go to your country ...come back and apply PGWP at the Port Of Entry...if u apply for PGWP outside Canada they will stop you at the border and ask you to go back to your Country and wait for the approval as after applying for PGWP your study permit value becomes null

dongdong

Jun 11, 2018
You can go to your country ...come back and apply PGWP at the Port Of Entry...if u apply for PGWP outside Canada they will stop you at the border and ask you to go back to your Country and wait for the approval as after applying for PGWP your study permit value becomes null
if this is true, then how can people apply PGWP inside Canada and travel outside while waiting for approval? Their study permit value becomes null as well

dongdong

Jun 11, 2018
You are talking about two different scenarois
the thing I do not understand is, there are people who apply PGWP in Canada but go to other countries while waiting, in this case, wouldn't their study permit become null as well, and they cannot re-enter Canada because of this?

Ibex 232

Jan 12, 2023
the thing I do not understand is, there are people who apply PGWP in Canada but go to other countries while waiting, in this case, wouldn't their study permit become null as well, and they cannot re-enter Canada because of this?

Hi
Could you please share your experience and outcome of your application ?? Did you make any changes ?/
Thanks