+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying from a different country?!

Farhat Tariq

Jun 14, 2017
I am applying from Pakistan for a TRV online, if I send my application and get the biometric letter and give my biometrics in Pakistan and my visa is in process, can I fly to Libya and stay there till I get accepted for TRV and send my passport to Tunisia to get my visa stamped as Tunisia would be the nearest center for Libya.
So basically, my question was: Can I apply from Pakistan and get my visa stamped from Tunis and fly from Libya?
Thank you!

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
I do not think this is an option (however I am not 100% sure). From what I understand about the process - if Pakistan is your home country the passport must be processed by the Visa Office (VO) that serves your home country. Do you need the TRV and your passport to travel to Libya? If not, I think you could courier your passport to the VO for Pakistan and have it couriered back to you in Libya as long as you do not need it to travel but the online system is pretty fast. I did the TRVs for 3 of my stepchildren and I had all 3 turned around in 10 days. Personally I would wait and do it all before travelling and you might not have a choice. I am sure another member will be able to weigh in on this as well.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
Is it possible to send a passport through a courier service?
Yes it is because in many countries the VO is located very far away from where the applicants live. There are also Visa Application Centres (VACs) in most countries now and they do the routine processing of most applications - TRVs being one of them. You still need to check the specific guidelines of your home country which you are supposed to review before you complete your TRV application.

In addition, I have noticed another member has previously replied to you with good information on these questions regarding your TRV on another thread. Are you paying attention to the advice you are being given? You can also email or call the VACs.

Last edited: