+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for WP at US border but TRV expired

Jeptheld

Mar 27, 2013
Hi,

I just got a positive LMO from my new employer and im thinking of applying my work permit at Buffalo, NY border (Niagara) but my temporary resident visa expired last July 2011. Can I still apply my WP there and re-enter Canada with no problem? Or should I renew my TRV first before going there?
Pls advise...

Thanks

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I take it you're already in Canada, so you can just go to the border and get your new WP and TRV there.

piku

Star Member
Nov 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
Nomination.....
Joy Addya Maa, Joy Tara Maa
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with Application, Joy Tara Maa
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi Friends,

If I apply for Canada WP from New York then how long it will take to grant my visa and I am on visitor visa in USA and can stay maximum 4 months. Please suggest me.

Som

mss#687

Star Member
Oct 9, 2010
If you are require visa and its expired , I dont think you can enter if you leave canada

Jeptheld said:
Hi,

I just got a positive LMO from my new employer and im thinking of applying my work permit at Buffalo, NY border (Niagara) but my temporary resident visa expired last July 2011. Can I still apply my WP there and re-enter Canada with no problem? Or should I renew my TRV first before going there?
Pls advise...

Thanks

Jeptheld

Mar 27, 2013
amira_mais said:
I take it you're already in Canada, so you can just go to the border and get your new WP and TRV there.
Thanks for ur reply and yes im currently in toronto now and thinking of applying WP in Niagara border. I am not from a visa exempt country and ive read that u need to be visa exempt or atleast have a valid trv to re enter canada. And then at one thread ive also read that its ok not to have trv as long as ur re entering From the US only...im so confused...

Applying from the border and getting WP on d spot is very appealing since i wanted to start working right away to my new employment but im scared that this wud cause complications and they wudnt allow me to re enter :(

Do u know anyone with a similar case as mine or been on d same situation?

Any more information wud b greatly appreciated thanks and God bless!

Buleg

Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2013
Nomination.....
30-05-2013 LOA dated 10-05-2013
AOR Received.
16-10-2013 thru email
IELTS Request
Already submitted
File Transfer...
11-09-13
Med's Request
21-11-13
Med's Done....
27-11-13 results submitted//add'l med req 01-13-2014 submitted 1-30-14
Interview........
Ecas "in process 2-18-2014"
Passport Req..
08-04-2014 (Apr. 27, '14 ecas changed to decision made)
LANDED..........
22-03-2014 entered as TFW under YNP/May,22,'14 Landed as Immigrant
Jeptheld said:
Thanks for ur reply and yes im currently in toronto now and thinking of applying WP in Niagara border. I am not from a visa exempt country and ive read that u need to be visa exempt or atleast have a valid trv to re enter canada. And then at one thread ive also read that its ok not to have trv as long as ur re entering From the US only...im so confused...

Applying from the border and getting WP on d spot is very appealing since i wanted to start working right away to my new employment but im scared that this wud cause complications and they wudnt allow me to re enter :(

Do u know anyone with a similar case as mine or been on d same situation?

Any more information wud b greatly appreciated thanks and God bless!
Hi,

All you need to do is to flagpole. Try to search about "flagpoling" on the search box and you will see how it works. Good luck :)

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jeptheld said:
Understandably you don't want to risk being denied at the border so I would suggest that you call CIC and ask them directly at 1-888-242-2100. Let us know how things work out. Good luck.