+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for visitor visa after applying for Spousal sponsorship application

anshiyar

Mar 27, 2023
Hi All. I just applied for my wife's spousal sponsorship application for PR., She is in India. Can I now apply for her visitor visa so she can visit me and my family in the summer? Thank you for help ☺

Reactions: Home_13579

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All. I just applied for my wife's spousal sponsorship application for PR., She is in India. Can I now apply for her visitor visa so she can visit me and my family in the summer? Thank you for help ☺
You can apply, whether you get approved is the big question.

Reactions: anshiyar

Home_13579

Star Member
Nov 28, 2022
Yes absolutely. You will get approved as long as your application shows she meets the requirements of VISA

Reactions: anshiyar

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes absolutely. You will get approved as long as your application shows she meets the requirements of VISA
You will need to convince IRCC that you are truly a temporary visitor and not moving to Canada to get approved which is why many don’t get approved. Approval rate is much higher than precovid where almost all TRVs applied for by spouse of Canadian citizens and PRs were denied. Far from guarantee though so don’t make any concrete plans

anshiyar

Mar 27, 2023
I meant to ask that she will have to send her passport for stamp for outland application but if she is in Canada, how do I get that done ?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I meant to ask that she will have to send her passport for stamp for outland application but if she is in Canada, how do I get that done ?
Right now they're mostly doing virtual landings for those in Canada - send info over computer, get the landing doc by email. At any rate, there is a process (and was before covid) so don't worry about it.

Do update addres for spouse in Canada (if spouse gets the visa) upon arrival.

Note there CAN be some timing issues for those who need to travel shortly after getting the passport request, it takes time to get the card, etc.

Reactions: canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Given that you are required to update your address of it changes, IRCC should be aware that your spouse is currently in Canada and arrive landing in Canada. One of the reasons keeping address updated and updating as soon as it changes is important.